UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hyperial Plague a hoax! (2nd draft)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Written by MajorFreak:

_FINAL THOUGHTS
======================
This was a nice story, but i dropped it when it looked like the "opposing" (Hyperion Underground) side were just going to play the same old broken record regardless and powergame their way to fame or infamy come hell or high water.
    i dropped it once i realized organizing any event that involved "HU's" stated objectives would never meet the ICA=ICC and get *OOC* whine & cheese festivals if "HU" couldn't powergame it...it was a pity, the community might have ROLEPLAYED whether Dr.KelvinRauder was of common blood or had blue blood, by participating in some sort of "Event" to test his "DNA"

Now? The story's dead. It was a nice story, but a useless puff peice in the end.
BTW, I think DF was a romantic surrounded by cynics, and that's about all i'll "agree" on. period.

"Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding." -- Bible, 'Proverbs' 17:28.

"pfffffffffffft!" - MajorFreak, 'Flames' 666.

The whole "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax) was a conspiracy designed to deplete medical stocks around the TRI universe so that Hyperion Underground could launch a real biological attack on the peoples of Quantar and frame the Hyperial corporations for the heinous deed (the supposed pretext being a "retaliation"), Thereby instigating another Holy War that would cripple both a recovering Hyperian economy and the Quantar people who would be lacking critical medical supplies - Ensuring the goal of the Solrain Factionalists: Conquest of Hyperial space by NaFen Soriel's lapdog, "Prince Sandrich Fablemi"
    Assumptions:
  1. The legitimate governments of TRI (all factions) would be in the dark about the "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax) until Hyperion Underground's objectives were met.
  2. That Aristio Conglomerate funded and supplied Hyperion Underground's coup attempt beginning on 102.01.17 and lasting long enough to prevent the legitimate government of Hypsos from contacting the other factions, nor TRI, until HU's objectives were met.
  3. That during this time HU agents around TRI would be successful in planting false news articles about a "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax) thus medical supplies were transferred to hyperial (to aid the coup attempt; to be stockpiled at Aristio Conglomerate massive orbital facilities) and drain the stocks around Quantar. (not to mention computer viruses and acts of sabotage)
  4. Also expected was the assassination of Hypsos' President and leading members of the QuaŽit tahir (Holy Synod)..."Martyrs to the cause" (It mattered not whether blame would be laid, yet...All that mattered was to reinforce the state of chaos and confusion...The fact that "Martyrs" could be used later to fan the flames was just a bonus)
  5. That HU agents would "uncover" evidence of Quantar's responsiblity for the "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax) on 102.02.01 (it mattered that the legitimate government of Hypsos&Quantar would respond to that hoax, because they could NOT respond to that from all the chaos propaganda, sabotages and assassinations created)
  6. That the next day Aristio Conglomate would release the real biowarfare agents on the Quantar people (on 102.02.02), allowing Hyperion Underground to take responsibility - framing the legitimate Hyperial government for a "retaliatory strike" on Quantar and sparking a 2nd Jihad al Din ("2nd Faith War")
  7. Aristio Conglomerate & Hyperion Underground's objective was simple: The weakening of Hyperial's & Quantar's military forces to the point that Solrain Factionalist forces (under the guidance of NaFen Soriel squadrons) could aid HU's coup attempt and place Prince Sandrich Fablemi on the throne of a Solrain Protectorate.
  8. Next step? Quantar. (who would be reeling from real biowarfare casualties)
Well, things didn't go quite as planned, did they?

the coup attempt lasted nearly three weeks until Forces loyal to Hypsos' President regained control of the capital on 102.02.08
Quote:
the "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax) was successful at fooling most onlookers even after the president of Hypsos declared the state of emergency over...

The reason for such a cryptic message will be explained later on in this document
Anonymous source
The biowarfare attack on Quantar was nipped in the bud by qbld intelligence operatives and by Quanar Inquisitors
Quote:
Fortunately for Quantar, Holy Inquisitors succeeded in uncovering the "SRI" terrorist cell responsible for the "Herbal Remedies" scandal and subsequently prevented that terrorist cell from launching a REAL plague on Quantar planned a few weeks into the coup attempt on Hyperial.

BlackOps squad was that terrorist cell; Questions arose over Aristio Conglomerate's involvement in sponsoring said squad, but The QuaŽit tahir (Holy Synod) has apparently delayed legal proceedings and had no comment when inquiries were made...

The reason for the lack of action will be explained further on in this document
Anonymous source
Once HU's agents in Quantar were exposed they enlisted the aid of NaFen Soriel on 102.01.24 in order to trap and assassinate the QuaŽit tahir (Holy Synod) members rallying at Quantar Core...
Quote:
They fail and disband their squad and flee Quantar space on 102.02.27 while Aristio Conglomerate attempt to hide evidence that they have biowarfare materials in their Quantar facilities...

The reason Aristio Conglomerate has remained aloof from public condemnation will be explained later on in this document
Anonymous source
Having failed to deal with the Quantar situation, elements of Hyperion Underground are routed. The HU's objective could not be met and the situation unravelled...
Quote:
costing HU the lives of many of it's agents and forcing NaFen Soriel to distance themselves from the fiasco...

The reason HU/NaFen Soriel leadership has avoided persecutation will be explained later on in this document
Anonymous source
False data planted by HU agents (102-02-01)
undercover HU cell is activated (102-01-27)
HU assassins fail in their attempt? Or some other story? Coincidence? (102-01-24)
HU attempts to assassinate Holy Synod members with aid from NaFen Soriel (102-01-24)
Holy Synod pledges real support for Hyperial (102-01-23) JOSSH news
HU agents plant a false news release by Holy Synod (102-01-17) JOSSH news
False news release about a Plague (102-01-17) JOSSH news

You'll note that "Prince Sandrich Famblemi" posted a statement mere minutes after the Plague announcement. This pretender to the throne is none other than a senior undercover Nafen Soriel agent who will be placed on the throne if Solrain Factionalists had attained their goal...That looks doubtful now.

There were two false press releases by Hyperion Underground: The first was an announcement of a fictious organization called, "Hyperial Emergency Medical Oversight Commission (HEMOC)" quarantining Hypos.
    There is no such organization. it was simply the cover story leaked to the press by sources supporting the plot to stage a coup, while a computer virus and saboteurs unleashed a devastating attack on system-wide communications and transorbital facilities that crippled Hypsos for THREE whole weeks...Luckily, the legitimate government managed to defend the capital of Barnard and, with the aid of corporate security forces of Samsun & Particle Systems, managed to capture numerous Hyperion Underground operatives.
The second was a falsified press release apparently made by Queliar Neamru, 1st Tahir of the Quantar people, combined with a crippling computer virus staged by Hyperion Underground agents (Who later fled Quantar pursued by Holy Inquisitors)
    Thankfully for Quantar the computer virus, similar to the one used on Hypsos, was cleansed with a sacred purge of infected datarelics. Pious devotion by Technica clerics prevented widespread damage.

As for the Hyperial President's role in all this? No solid evidence has surfaced to show he was at anytime party to this hoax. In fact, there is clear evidence communications channels were tinkered with in order to spread bureaucratic chaos similar to what the "Herbal Remedies" scandal did to Quantar's QuaŽit tahir (Holy Synod). We have reports that Dr. Kelvin Rauder survived numerous assassination attempts, undoubtedly because of HSS' skill honed by years of thwarting Quantar factionalist attempts at his life. How ironic is that? Well, he certainly didn't become a Hyperial Martyr in the 2nd Jihad al Din ("2nd Faith War")

Which Quanar QuaŽit tahir (Holy Synod) members were killed or wounded in the numerous attempts of sabotage and assassination? All this reporter knows is pretty much next to nothing...Security around the QuaŽit tahir (Holy Synod) is simply unimaginable.

NaFen Soriel has been known by many different, but infamous, monikers: Lucri Causa --> poGBS --> Scapegoats --> Mortis Causa --> split up into individual banners for a bit --> NaFen Soriel

This squad was waiting in the wings to provide indirect support until HU's objectives were met, then they would have led an armada into Hyperial, defeated the weakened military of both factions, and been in a very good political position. One has to wonder why no serious action has been taken..."SRI" conspiracy theories begin to gather substance...Especially over the disappearance of Innominate the day the Hyperial Emergency had ended.

Make no mistake, Aristio Conglomerate is at the very heart of the massive "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax). One wonders why they make Rush and Dream engines at Hyperial yet JOSSH maintains Aristio has no headquarters located on the planet, but use orbital facilities exclusively?
Quote:
Could it be they realized the danger of being too close to the seat of the legitimate government who might possibly survive to find out the real identity of HU's patron?

Reliable sources report interrogations of several saboteurs/assassins revealed Aristio Conglomerate connections. Though why no formal action has been taken by either faction government (nor TRI) to implicate Aristio & NaFen agents in the "Hyperial Plague" (Hyptheriadic Fever Hoax) plot is pretty obvious...Aristio Conglomerate benefits Hypsos/Quanar quite well with tax revenue and employment opportunities

Why the leadership of the Hyperion Underground have survived is unknown at time of posting; And the reason behind the disappearance of NaFen Soriel agent, "Innominate", is a total mystery...Scapegoat?
Anonymous source
Perhaps the Quantar people should beware if Aristio suddenly decide to relocate their planetside headquarters? In fact, reliable sources mention they were planning on issuing a relocation announcement, but had reconsidered after HU agents were exposed; Those Hitmen/Thief factories could still be hiding biological warfare agents if a "crisis" was needed.
    Just like the Hyperial Aristio orbital facilities hid covert ops teams & gear...too bad they needed medical supplies for their wounded - i wonder why hyperial refused to aid a coup attempt's wounded? heh
Especially troublesome is the massive Thief factory orbiting the planet Quanus. Why is it so large? The damned gun's practically useless...So what's the big deal? There is another question surrounding Aristio production of Hitmen being relocated from Solrain to Quantar (Aristio Factory orbiting the planet Kapenja), but that story is most likely a red herring.

With all the evidence it's plain that Aristio Conglomerate's CEO and board of directors plus NaFen Soriel are staunch supporters of Hyperion Underground and ardent "SRI" conspirators...
Quote:
"TRI has no official comments to make at this time about the Hypernian Medical situation."
GM_Moll

[UBS auto-notification: some portions of the following paragraph have been altered by:]
[TRI-83349220101: Agent Inquisitor: Chaney Gateson, TRI Rep.]
[these changes are marked in bold type]

It's obvious, Aristio Conglomerate is the very heart of the "SRI" conspiracy to ensure Solrain remains the dominant faction in the TRI universe. Another entity, possible a "Shadow Council", is just unfounded rumors spread by hysterical reporters,.

unfounded rumors about this "SRI" shadow council's true motivations and agenda revolve around the shifting state of ship imbalance ("UBERwars") as a necessary condition for optimal profitability for this secret organization
Quote:
Our goal is to have faction superiority change from time to time so that no faction is the best for long
Scorch
According to that TRI statement, Solrain won't be top dog forever...We must welcome the wonderful propaganda machine behind the "SRI conspiracy" for it will lead us down the garden path to a heaven of our own making.

BTW, what about the "stolen" ore depot? Did Hyperion Underground (BlackOps squad too?) have a hand in this, or was it actual Hyperial operatives that time?

[UBS error: unexpected EOF (end of file)]

[ This Message was edited by: Heretic on 2002-02-16 14:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-14 14:08 ]

Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There, you see? Proof positive of what I've been saying! We all need to band together and take down the Hyperian threat. Nuke their planet from orbit and invade their station. The Hyperian threat must be taken care of once and for all! Not just for the good of Quantar, but for the good of all who fear the usage of biological agents in the hands of an insane government. ALL of us must unite!
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you're proof positive too much sex over-stimulates the brain. lol (Or are you saying heretic's a double agent and trying to cover up the use of medical commods to manufacture biowarfare agents to use against the Quantar populace?????)

so what's the real story, Rainy13?
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pilots suspecting a hidden agenda comment on an article by the Hyperial Underground movement claiming Quantar is responsible for the "Hyperial Plague."
Quote:
Ambrosius wrote:
I believe this is all disinformation, distributed with the intent to cause unrest and war. I have spent a good deal of time at Hyperial station and have seen no impact whatsoever of Hypthariadic Fever.

While it is possible that this fever could be entirely contained planetside through careful quarantine, it seemed that there was plenty of station-to-planet shipping going on.

I think this is very fishy -- almost like something you would expect by a lowlife Sol . . . like one from NaFel Soriel
Quote:
Cygnus wrote:
Let's think about this for a moment. Nelson has, by his own admission, been lying for months about his true identity.

For my friends of honor and my brothers and sisters of Quantar, three words regarding Nelson's "report": Consider the source.

It is a simple matter to stare through Nelson's transparent ploy.
Seems DDZ squad intelligence division has another take on the Hyperial scandal:
Quote:
Originally posted by Milkman
Nelson's last statement backs up my thoughts that were shared on PJG's news service.. for those who missed it, im going to quote myself
Quote:
DDZ has been investigating Nelson and Hyperial for a while now and, while we have nothing conclusive, I believe the whole plague thing is/was a lie. They do need the medicine, but I believe that they don't need it for some plague but to keep their "test pilots" healthy. I am concerned that Hyperial is testing putting its people through a new advanced genetic engineering process so they can not only withstand the jumpgates but other new technologies that have not been made available to TRI yet. I think the medicine is for treating their many pilots who are falling ill from this process.

I fear Hyperial is working on plans on dominating all the TRI factions. But I have no proof, and unfortunately only time will tell.
Now with the sudden stop of medicine there are only so many conclusions one can make.
  1. Our quantar medicine was so good it did better than expected.
  2. They saw DDZ was on to them and stopped shipments.
  3. Their testing is complete and they don't need medicine anymore.

Also note my last statement in my quote... Now they want to tune their beacons.. this is something ALL of TRI should be worried about...Unfortunately, most of you won't listen...And once again, time will tell.
Well, as far as i can figure out, there's no good reason for the Hyperial Underground to "spill the beans" about the Hyperians being ready for space flight in about 6 standard months. I mean, talk about self-defeating logic; There's no way a legitimate clandestine organization volunteers information. period.

The only logical conclusion is that Hyperial Underground's sponsors wanted to reinforce the illusion that there was a real outbreak of Hyptheriadic Fever

"A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next." -Cardinal Khrysdam: Instructum Absolutio

[ This Message was edited by: Heretic on 2002-02-13 05:25 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...well, i dunno. Looks like -DSA- is muscling in on DF's & Nelson's action, and since Hyperial Underground's organization was gutted over over the past three weeks, i doubt they can mount any resistance to DSA moving in...Though i seriously doubt DSA's command staff could hope to stage even a half-assed coup.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND RP forum thread
Okay, i'm starting to move on this story one step at a time...
Quote:
ic. so your coup attempt failed, so you're trying to please your SRI masters by proselytizing against another target?

I guess we can all agree your little "plague" hoax failed miserably and holy inquisitors are hunting the Hyperial Underground down like the dogs you are...

I wonder when the truth about that hoax will be known? I hear rumors from the lips of tortured HU agents.

MajorFreak
UMEC squadron
qbld Intelligence Officer
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND RP Forum thread (same one linked to in the 2 prior posts)
Beginning to dig deeper into Nelson's backstory

ND RP Forum thread (different than the one linked to in the 2 prior posts)
Just a heads up that i'm beginning to move in a serious way to emphasize the disconnect between the Hypsos President's story and HyperialUndergrounds (df and nelson)

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-12 01:16 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recent Reply to Official Storyline (And PJG's article)
Hinting at a TRI cover up
Recent Reply to DF
Poking holes in DF/Nelson's "legitimacy" (basic character assassination stuff, hope they bite back...would hate for them to fold now)
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-13 23:13 ]

Oh bloody hell, he's started to play "hardball" (i hope he doesn't make the mistake GutterBoy did and challenge me to a ghey duel.)
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-13 23:22 ]

Oh crap...I think he really believes *OOC* that Hyperial actually signed a "no space tech" agreement (they didn't), and that he's being funded with billions of credits to run a space program. He's only got it into his head that he can just blab about this on the RP forums and not expect ICA=ICC.
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-14 03:55 ]

Goddamnit! the little shit's folding!! argh argh!! grow some balls, ya smeghead!
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-14 07:58 ]

Okay, i've hopefully calmed DF down a bit and dealt with the issue of "Royal Bloodlines"...now all that is left is to deal with WHY Hyperial Underground got involved with the fight against EEA right after the end of the "Hyperial Plague"...I've got an answer to that forming, which will enable Heretic to write a 3rd edition of this thread. (oh, and i'm keeping copies of the prior editions for posterity)
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-14 13:54 ]

Good! they're "with me" now. (thank Hamalzah for that. never knew he had it in him. my bad) I've just launched my most serious riposte yet
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-14 14:04 ]

Oh dear. the above is in error. massive mistake. the GVB wars were 2277yrs ago! LOL! hmmmmm...See this thread for my "off on a tangent" thoughts.

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-27 13:22 ]
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After seeing DF's latest post (source thread), MajorFreak contacted the qbld blackops division's and Operation El Nino is in the planning stage.
"A Heretic may see the truth and seek redemption. He may be forgiven his past and will be absolved in death. A Traitor can never be forgiven. A Traitor will never find peace in this world or the next." -Cardinal Khrysdam: Instructum Absolutio

[ This Message was edited by: Heretic on 2002-02-27 13:30 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap! DF actually made a huge miscalculation and assumed there was no official record of his involvement with NaFen Soriel when he rebuked Hijinks' repartee. (OOC: seriously, i didn't think he'd ever joined G_Dragon's squad. period)

I'd Private messaged everyone implicated in Heretic's storyline to alert them to the Event planning for "Operation El Nino" (permissions to use their names and their cooperation)...unfortunately, after alerting them to this thread and the event thread i've heard diddly from them

More troubling was the sudden disolution of NaFen Soriel squad in nothingness...The silver lining to this was when i went into my archives for a copy i found an old file with a certain name in the roster...
http://www.guidestone.com/personalfiles/majorfreak/NaFenSoriel.htm
    The problem is someone can come along and bitch to me about altering HTML code in some *IC* fashion...The solution to that one is that notice how many Ex-Soriel squadies are in Hyperial squad
hehee...got him COLD! w00t! score!!
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DDZ and comments about the dissolution of NaFen Soriel
Looks like things are shaping up nicely, i should have a detailed analysis of why Hyperial Underground is fighting EEA ever since the "Hyperial Plague Relief" was aborted on 102.02.08

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poking yet more holes in DF's rp
(by focusing on loyalty issues around his squad memberships in the past, instead of arguing with him over the semantics of "agent")
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmmm...officially given up on the story, cause the other side lacks spontaneity (prefers kissing GM ass instead...can't compete with that, since that *OOC* behavior is effective 99% of the time)

okay, so the latest stuff is that Innominate and Frogman are in Hyperial Squad (they're the ones in poGBS oh so long ago)

The newest "storyline/events" around the Hyperial issue are:
Quantar Leaders Take "No Action" On Latest Hyperial Petition (storyline post)
TriPoint Delegation Agrees To Hyperial Invitation (roleplaying event)
    *shrug* zero character background and zero plot development...simply an itinerary of shuffling blank papers.

It's better than nothing...or is it worse than nothing?
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, wrapping up this whole story can be distilled in three concepts:
  1. Is President Rauder a royal noble or a democratically elected official? (could be both, though highly unlikely GM_Moll would bite...seeing as how it would strengthen DF's case)
  2. Why is the ex-poGBS crew involved with DF & Nelson? (or visa-versa, but that's a question GM_Moll can't unravel...or could she? that's a bit too paranoid to think ND/TG are still feeding info and plotlines to players known to leak info)
  3. Will the conclusion of this RP take the form of Hyperial being a /home enabled station? (Or will we see Hyperial faction appear instead? most likely much later on...but who can tell, eh?)
The stuff about Aristio Conglomerated and other corporations is irrelevant...not to mention the hyperial plague becomes a non-issue...

BTW, for an indepth analysis of the latest event we go to Underground Truth's offices...
Ares_Kiden reports on the Hyperial Event
FYI, here's a few quotes by folk openly opposed to Hyperion Underground
Ambrosius replies to Nelson (and a follow up indirectly related to DF)
[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-27 13:19 ]

EDIT: seems like inno and froggie left his squad and DF's doing the crocodile tears thang
    Being the cynical fuck i am, i've seen people like this *IRL*. they threaten to do something that hurts themselves, and whenever anyone else jumps in to rescue them, they get the idea that they can become even bigger assholes

(the psychological logic behind THAT probably revolves around justification, "post hoc, erg propter hoc")
40 minutes later DF posts a roleplay thread
(now excuse me for being even MORE cynical, but wouldn't an honest, spontaneous post on the General Forums come AFTER he posted on the RP and not the other way round?)

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-13 15:29 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: