UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

yall got a Civ ripper

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bongbong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 5:47 pm    Post subject: yall got a Civ ripper Reply with quote

i understand that yall arent normally civ rippers however you have a rogue pilot in your squad. OpenGL Blatantly civ ripped me earlier today when i was in a fully loaded cane with NO offensive guns. OpenGL initiated combat by firing on me while i was en route to core to dock. after repeted yell for help he continued to fire even after he knew that i had no weapons. please handle this problem. i have no grudge toward yer squad, just want yall to know you have a rogue civ ripper amongst you.

BB
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenGL is trying to extract himself from UMEC. We all know how bad JOSSH can be when it comes to getting out of a squad.
Bongbong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP. understand i got no grudge toward guild at all. Thanks for yer help HiTek.
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guild? Did I just hear you say Guild? What is a Guild? :P

Hehe... :D Rgr that. I'm sure my squad appreciates it. :)-
Bongbong

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe can ya spot the EQ/DAoCer )) sorry squad ))
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

huh?? that's not the OpenGL i knew. did he sell his account or something? In either case, DO NOT, take this guy at his word.

uhhhhhh...holy shit. OpenGL is LAWNMOWER
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bongbong wrote:
hehe can ya spot the EQ/DAoCer )) sorry squad ))
I was thinking UO myself... But I never got into any of the newer games of that type.
bongbong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never played UO mysef had some friends who did. was fun game, least it looked that way.

Major: hope thats not my word your questioning. OpenGl ripped me. nough said far as im concerned now. i got my gear back and am toolin around again. just hope yall know to take care of house, whihc it appears has been done.

Anyway thank yall for helpin. See ya in the void ))
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:jump:
my loyalty to my squad shouldn't be questioned either. you would do the same, mister. If you were in my place you'd want to confirm data and pilot profile BEFORE sympathizing with your side of the story. (we've had a few cases in this very forum which turned out to be bogus lies)

however. AS I STATED, i went to confirm your story, and i noticed openGL is in LAWNMOWER. So he isn't in our squad, and i saw his neg PR, so this 'point' about "your word" is moot.

again. the point was moot, so don't take advantage of my extreme loyalty and your legitimate concern with a bug that displayed our squad name on OpenGL (i'm sure openGL assumed he was independent at the time of the attack - it's a bug)
    i'm more concerned about the possibility OpenGL was AWARE of the fact he was attempting to civrip an innocent while wearing our squad tag...If that is the case, you'd be wise to pity him. not yourself
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, openGL posted in private forums (declassified)

i'm upset he didn't post an apology here. :evil:
Bongbong

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i understand your postiion freak but you must know this. EVENTHOUGH HE IS LAWNMOWER NOW, HE WAS FLYING YOUR SQUAD TAG WHEN HE SHOT ME DOWN. HE WAS A MEMBER OF YOUR SQUAD WHEN THIS HAPPENED. i have been reembursed by the guilty party and have no more beef. however you should watch your tone Freak no reason to get so pissy.
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back off, Bongbong. Major may have a mouth, but so do you. THe first thing you do is attack UMEC's reputation when you arrive. Not question what happened, but say "You got a Civripper". That may be true, but did you ask what happened first? State your case unemotionally? No. You fired full salvo.

Attitude helps no one. Chill, neighbor. You'l get farther in life... and live longer.

And I'm curious: didn't it strike you as a little odd that one of our pilots, pilots with a curiously clean reputation, would kill you? Yet the possibility that OpenGL was in our squad only through a membership bug NEVER OCCURRED TO YOU. You grabbed the righteous victim stance and played it for all it was worth.

Screw you. Sure, you were ripped. Sure, it sucked. Sure, you have the right to seek reparations. But you DON'T have the right to yell at us and question our reputation, especially when you haven't even opened your mind to the possibility of a bug or other technical issue making his membership in UMEC possible!

You fathead, you WANTED a righteous position when dealing with us, and when we cut the bottom out of it, you STILL yelled. Now listen up, right now, because I'll only say this once:

When the situation is to your satisfaction (you got reimbursed) JUST WALK AWAY. Don't stay to trade verbal barbs. Don't spit attitude. Attitude can and will get you ripped by pilots in this game. Attitude with cops IRL will get you arrested. Attitude with gangers IRL will get you beated. Attitude with prison inmates... you get the point. I suggest you shut the hell up and walk away.

Otherwise I might just be tempted to re-sign up myself to JG, shuck MY UMEC tags, and pod you a few times. Your mouth is gonna get you killed.

JUST WALK AWAY.
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been helping train OpenGL in the sim. He's a nice guy and hopefully his rep doesn't take long to re-establish in some circles.
Bongbong

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainy your absolutly sick man. you tell me im puttin myself on a rightoues victim pedastal when i didi no such thing if anyone is gettin on a pedestal its you up there on yer soapbox. i never insulted your squad. if you read whqat i said it says i understand yall arent PvP squad i was lettin yall know a member of yer group violated yer own charter. not tryin to take a swipe at your name. fact is OpenGL was in yer squad when he podded me. After i started to inquire it was made known to me that he was in process of leavin guild and had problems, thus causing him to get upset and i gues take that out on nearest pilot. i never had anythin to say bout yer squad. i think you need to walk away rainy instead of tryin to instigate something. however if you really feel so inclined as to start playin again just to pod me well then have at it says alot about you. I think its sick where this post is headed so i wont even bother to return but if you have anything to say to me come post on our squad board. sorry to everyone cept freak and rainy for having to see this.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooooooops. something happened! :eyespin:
bongbong wrote:
Major: hope thats not my word your questioning.
#1. it was your word i was questioning in the first paragraph of my first reply to you. you'd have to be retarded not to get that message
#2. you'll notice, retard, that the second paragraph in my first post to you contradicts your assumption that i question your word STILL. (you'll notice the "subtle" shift in "judgment" as to the need to "question" your "word"...since i went about "questioning" your "word" on empirical data like openGL's profile which showed -99PR for quantar)

oh sooooooo sorry i even attempted to THINK about questioning your post as anything other than gospel truth from an upstanding and famous pilot known throughout the galaxy for his impeccable honor and forthrightness.

Fag, when someone posts something to a forum, some people give them the benefit of the doubt and get sympathetic to someone who could quite possibly be some assisine joker out to cause grief...that's what i was talking about. just a generic "look before you leap" warning. (next time don't get pissy when someone isn't all grovelling and chummy and sympathetic)

fucker. i hate you and your type of asskissing politics. stfu and gtfo...BTW, learn to have a little self-effacing humor (you might tend to see the opposing view if you weren't so damned scared of being vulnerable)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: