UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If in doubt... (re: which forum to post in?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Muffy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 6:24 am    Post subject: If in doubt... (re: which forum to post in?) Reply with quote

The 7 P's wrote:
Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance
REMEMBER THIS IS A PRIVATE FORUM
=========================
I doubt we'll have any reason to post *OOC* event planning anywhere but the private forum allocated to it...though i'm sure the writers among us will prefer sticking fan fiction into the public "Roleplaying" forum instead. ("squad news" is for UMEC related stuff that shows up on JOSSH/ND forums, plus any diplomatic announcements; "real dynamic content" is for general SP/RE** stuff of the same ilk)
    Think of it as this:
    RDC forum is almost like PJG news articles (sort of a mirror site for jossh news, but with commentary);
    Squad news is mostly concerned with UMEC, but can be useful place to drop rumours about other squads that isn't "hush-hush" or you're not to sure of. (the stuff you are sure of probably belongs in squad politics, just leave the "probably" behind);
    The Spacemonkey pub is for stuff that couldn't make it into a umec sponsored event or storyline, and doesn't have the need for such
    This forum is a sort of internal umec brainstorming area to bounce ideas off the other folks in your squad...a place to set times and dates; a place to have someone proofread yer umec related story. (ie. this is the place things get done. it just gets reported elsewhere)
I do hope this brings clarity to this issue and clears up the reason why we have seemingly identical forums.

REMEMBER THIS IS A PUBLIC FORUM
=========================

Sensitive "i'll be here at such and such a time" should be restricted to private message systems and ingame F2/4 chat booths. I've declassified this forum because i think a false sense of security this forum USED to transmit encourages lazy behavior regarding 'Operational Security' I doubt we'll have any reason to post specific dates and locations even on a private forum. Anyways, forums are supposed to be where concepts are discussed, and allowing outsiders who register a chance to give feedback and be inspired even is what a forum is supposed to do.

As for what forum to use when writing about Roleplaying Events &/or Storyline Posts? i'm sure the writers among us will prefer sticking fan fiction into the public "SpaceMonkey Pub" forum instead. "Community" forum is more for rhetorical questions and stuff needing little feedback or planning in the RE/SP context, in the sense that it's more concerned with hindsight over player run events and such; "Storyline" forum is for specific JOSSH related news articles and is more an official "timeline" hindsight forum than anything else
    Think of it as this:
  • Storyline forum is almost like PJG news articles (sort of a mirror site for jossh news, but with commentary);
  • Community forum is mostly concerned with UMEC, and storyline posts and roleplaying events that are player generated, but can be useful place to drop rumours about jumpgate life in general that isn't "hush-hush" or you're not to sure of. (the stuff you are sure of, an is "hush hush" probably belongs in squad politics, just leave the "probably" behind);
  • The Spacemonkey pub is for stuff that couldn't make it into a umec sponsored event or storyline, and doesn't have the need for such.
  • This forum is a sort of a semi-public brainstorming area to bounce ideas off the other folks who've registered on these forums...a place to set nonspecific dates and locations; a place to have someone proofread yer plot ideas. (ie. this is the place things get "debated". it just gets "reported" elsewhere)
I do hope this brings clarity to this issue and clears up the reason why we have seemingly identical forums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: