UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[EU] Artefact Searchpatterns

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: [EU] Artefact Searchpatterns Reply with quote

Just want to point you to http://www.jg.dodv.de - a site mainly dedicated to Artefact Searchpatterns.
Have a look, and stay tuned - it will be updated regulary.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, i'll be shifting this to private forums sometime sooner or later. I'd shift it now, but not sure whether you want this in free database or a gift to umec squad.

wink

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this Site is for the Public.
I worked hard on this and like to share it with all other Players.
Since i have no Account on US-Server i can't post it on NetDevil Board, so i do it here. (as i know, many US-Pilots read this Forum, though ...)

If you like, post this on NetDevil Board...
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmmmmmmm...no problem. i'll shove this into the free database forum in 24hrs. (and then pimp it on the NetDevil forums)

What the heck's yer name again?

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2002 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for forwarding...

My Pilotname on EU-Server is "Quorx"
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread [Reference0052]
Quite a few intelligent comments too.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
i read the ND-Board too, but cannot post cause i've got no Account on US-Server.
The Spawn-Area for EU is changed to 80k-120k, not as mentioned 90k-120k.

All Patterns on my Site will fit on US-Server, perhaps they are not optimal but they will work fine.
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A note on Hurfburf's comments on the ND board regarding POVray and picturing the patterns for moving ships (yes, he's right, of course, that you need to take this into account). However, POVray can do that indeed, and the spirals are painted for moving ships. You can see it on the three pictures on my search pattern page (which includes POVray sources (frequently used now), an (frequently used as well) Excel spreadsheet for automatically generating spiral patterns (several parameters to be altered) and calculating their lengths and some mathematical background). For my picture of the "perfect pattern", on the other hand, I used spheres instead of moving ships because it was mainly meant for those who think that 18 ships, just waiting, are sufficient to see the entire area. I found the spirals to be the more effective ones for single pilots.

Xin
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the return of artifacts into the EU game, the spawn radius was set to 75k-135k. I've made a new spiral based on that and put it into my above mentioned page. Looks like Quorx is also busy with doing some nice PHP stuff for the online calculation of patterns. :)
Quorx
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, true.
The first (BETA)-version of this new Website can be found at http://www.jg.dodv.de/potf/potf.htm
Works well with US Spawn-Radius and Radarsizes 2, 3 and 4

You can select your Server, your Radar and how many Pilots will partcipate, then the Website will offer you several Searchpatterns from Fastest to "best cover" - just look at them and choose a pattern thats fits your needs...

Try it - and please posts comments on our Forum ( http://www.jg.dodv.de )
Go there for news and hints also!
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP2 RELEASE (EP2 FAQ)
Quorx wrote:
Searchpattern / Spawnranges changed on EU Servers there are for EP-2 new Spawnranges. As confirmed they are now 85k - 132k. also i've changed the rendered images so that every Pilot get its own Color on the Flightpath-Line. Searchpattern changed, so please download the new .rot or .dat files.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: