UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Books of Hamalzah (& Horridahl)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: The Books of Hamalzah (& Horridahl) Reply with quote

Voltaire wrote:
"Si Dieu n'existait pas, il faudrait l'inventer."
If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him.

*"semi-Official" mightgames jossh entry*

First paragraph:
Quote:
Far in the past there had been only darkness and uniformity. The endlessness of space was traveled through by clouds of dark matter without form, meaning or destination. And within this chaos there were the Godbrothers, Hamalzah and Horridahl. Hamalzah, who was the older brother, was greater in wisdom and force and stability. But Horridahl was full of restlessness and changing like the clouds of dark matter floating through the universe

1st book of Hamalzah. chapter 1. verse 1
Kinda cool, but has no info on recent events like the GVB wars (which the Quantar Biblio records call the Faith Wars, "Jihad al Din")...Neither does TRIISH

Having said that, there were two more books of Hamalzah. the third being the most quoted, especially...
Quote:
What weapon do I require? For behold, I am the Lion... I am the weapon.

3rd book of Hamalzah
And the JOSSH timeline (flight academy) has a specific entry
  • 2277yrs ago
    Quantar and Hyperial fight the Jihad al Din (aka Faith Wars, GVB Wars), which ends in the catastrophic defeat of Hyperial and the total destruction of their fleet.
  • The great collapse happens 175yrs later (2000BT)
  • 2040yrs after the collapse, Hyperial is contacted by TRI (and refuses membership
  • Interestingly enough, the first book of Hamalzah mentioned Conflux, but the first recent sightings of them were a little over a year ago.
There are other copies in German here:
Book one (Deutsch) and Book two (Deutsch)...we'll need someone to translate the 2nd book. plz thx.

BTW, here's an article of Philosophical proportions (all about rank titles, avatars and pantheons - with obligatory debates of that stuff)

Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:45 pm; edited 4 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xindaan wrote:
Muffy, Muffy...

You already have the link to the english translation of the first book in your UMEC boards. Just following the link directly on the center of the book (admittedly not obvious, but hey, you're Muffy) leads you to the second book. You not finding a Hyperlink... that's ... wow...

Also, for your reading pleasure, two threads which might be of related interest:

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM_Moll wrote:
I assure you, the EU versions of the Book of Hamalzah aren't even used here, in any fashion. There is no crossover going on.
oh bugger. well there goes THAT idea. bleh
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JGRP.net general forum thread
been spelunking the archives there and found a similar topic.
    of course, Gossip sticks his phat face into the thread and flames away at his pet peeve
ah good. i found a better thread (i hope) over here (okay, be aware that some of these guys had a little too much caffeine)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: