UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GMJosh on Hyperdrive

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJG news article
sshhhhhheeeeeeeeesh! looks like "autopilot" stuff.
Quote:
Josh wrote:
Hello Everyone,

We would like to hear some input on an idea that we would like to implement after this next patch.

The idea is that we would like to add a 'Hyperdrive' feature that would allow you to travel through space at speeds of around 15,000m/s or so. This hyperdrive would automaticly disengage if your ship came within about 1000-5000 meters of any other object or ship.

We would like to hear everyone's ideas on this and how the rules might be changed to make it better, and what the best distances/speed might be.

UPDATE: This will not actually be a MODX afterall, every ship will inheritly have this ability. Also players will probably have to bring their ships momentum/speed down to at least a near stop we think, and possibly have a timer before it will actually engage. Also you will not be able to turn your ship in hyperspace, and when you come out of hyperspace your ship will take a small period of time to fully disengage the hyperdrive.

Thanks Everyone!
The silly thing here is most folks will get pissy when normal spacelane traffic hamper this new "autopilot"

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-30 11:45 ]
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Yawn* You call that fast? :razz: It is just a small fraction of the speed I've done. Unfortunately my top speed and distance is TRI-Classifed. However, I can say that I went beyond the 2 Billion meter mark (by a significant amount), and only stopped to take a pic. I forgot to take a pic of my top speed (and I was still accelerating).

*sigh* Does the sim count? :grin:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> News, Reviews & Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: