UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

official squad activities: making Purgs and the Aman FM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

with the economy broken and in a state of transition we in UMEC need some direction to use in our RP.

Officially, for the purpose of the larger JG storyline we are running the Aman FM and maintaining the supply of Purgatory missiles. We also collect information about anything and everything. If the information is good enough we may even be able to sell it wink If you hear anything (IC only please, let's keep it clean folks) post to one of the private boards (wichever is most apropriate)

Purgatory missiles require:
Barium [KH]
Electronics [Aman, but easier to make at QC]
Fuel Cells [OP]
Explosives [OP, but just as easy to make em at QC]
Synthetics [op]

Electronics require:
Chemicals [OP]
Aluminum [OP]
Copper [QC]
Gold [Wake]
Silicon [KH]

Fuel Cells require:
Silicon [KH]
Gallium [QC]
Phosphorous [LL]
Chemicals [OP]

Explosives require:
Barium [KH]
Magnesium [Hyp]
Chemicals [OP]

Synthetics require:
Carbon [Aman]
Chemicals [OP]
Zinc [QC]
Silicon [KH]
Chromium [Wake]

These commods are not used up at the same rates. some are used MUCH faster than others. We will have to experiment to find the best route.

A good idea for a change of pace is to run a load of purgs up to Aman and take a FM or 2 before running a load of carbon to OP

"Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy' till you can find a rock" --bumper sticker

[ This Message was edited by: MadCat on 2002-04-08 17:06 ]
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had our first Convoy tonight. Octal, Hink and I got together after I hauled in electronics from Aman and Hink brought in Barium from KH. Then as a 3 ship we headed to KH and loaded up on Silicon to make Synthetics. We took the southern route (Past Ekoo's stop and Gurge) to deliver the Silicon to Oct Outpost. I had to log, but believe some Synth made it back to Quantar.

There should be a ton of Synth at Oct OP now. Please pick up any you can and bring it back to Quant space.

Also, looks like someone noticed what we were doing because suddenly a lot of explosives showed up in Q stations. This is a good thing, cause that stuff's HEAVY.

Pretty cool doing a convoy. Everyone hails you and wonders why 3 heavy UMEC tows are driving past;) Let's do it again!
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops, major error in my first post, Octal came over to Aman and hauled back electronics too. Sorry mate, guess I just wanted to forget that whole, "Gee, I forgot my guns" thing;).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: