UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Test server (elitist pricks; aka rollio...or true objectivit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: due to the complete disgust i feel towards the below threads, i've decided not to archive them. :razz:

PJG news article
who do we have that won't be biased to hell and back and willing to not give into temptation and rig the results? (we saw it during Cruentus Legio's time as the "official playtesters" and got the great nix nerf, the phoon nerf and the many other idiot changes that pissed us all off back in early 2001)

What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness.
~Leo Tolstoy

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-30 11:39 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Test Pilot Roster announced
oh god. they have rostam and rix...rollio and innominate...natgun and gods knows who else...

omg this sucks...where's nohbody? armchair? shug? jeezuz h. christ! who the hell suggested this?? INNOMINATE FOR SURE. stupid fucking idiot must have his lips wrapped around someone's cock for sure...shit shit
Hiigaran
Nemesis
Nemesis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2002 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hick got in there. always good. Hick, what is it like?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmph. the only goal for the nix test is to have it give a fighting chance versus a morningstar.

in short, missiles should only work well against slow turn rate ships...not top of the line fighters.

Find out what is the best mix of mass reduction and dragFactor reduction to give the nix a chance for an average pilot to dodge a morningstar.

unfortunately, you have alot of pilots in that roster that are more than happy to rig the results and get missiles nerfed so badly that a tow's missile complement is no defense against pirates/griefers. period.

NEVER FORGET THAT LAST POINT
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been told that I am part of the test pilots, but I have not been told anything else yet. Server went online Thrusday and that is the night (8pm local). I was contacted and told that they would give me more info when they were ready.

7 pilots from each faction, initially.

We'll see how it goes... What I envision for the test server is "mini-RS". Basically at least 3 stations (or 6 to allow for testing for intrafaction problems), one for each faction, and several sectors between. I think that this should be used for more than just ship ballance. It should be the server to check for any problems that could arrise in a patch. But with only 21 pilots, we are not bound to get all the bugs...

Just got another message from Virgil... Having problems with server (heh...nothing new here?). But I probably can't comment on how things really are in there - when it does get running.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably should start practicing NAP from now on...it's hard to do. don't even private message me with tidbits. The less i know, they happier i'll be. (course if you like teasing me then :razz: )
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, congratulations, and you make UMEC proud. *g*
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The following are the pilots currently in our test pilot program:
Octavians: NatGun, Ic3mAn, Aslan, Feyde, BaadF00d, SHUG, Nohbody
Quantar: Rostam, Rix, HiTekHick, Luke*
Solrain: Rollio, Rangerw, Innominate, G_Dragon_, September*

*We've also invited 4 other Quantar, and one additional Sol, but we haven't heard back from them as to whether they will be participating.
Rostam = Gwai; Rix = Prophet; Luke = i forget...Liquid was Radagast.

They change names more frequently than Inno/Froggie create temp accounts (hell, both squads act the damned same)

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-15 17:05 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2002 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[03:05] Insy dude do you have access to the test server?
[03:05] Muffy wtf is that supposed to mean?
[03:05] Insy or the test forums
[03:05] Insy I think you should
[03:06] Insy ..
[03:06] Muffy fuck that
[03:06] Insy "no I don't want to see if things work, I just want to sit there and say I'm right even when I can't be sure"
[03:06] Muffy im not contributing to inno, froggies and g)dragons personal fuck sessions
[03:06] Insy maybe you should try the shit you talk about out
[03:06] Insy just ignore them you idiot
[03:07] Muffy one sec
[03:07] Insy maybe you can actually make a helpful contribution
[03:07] Insy instead of just bitching and bitching without actually doing anything helpful
[03:07] Muffy lemmie do something first
[03:07] Insy OKAY
/ignore Insy
Okie dokie, if anyone still wondering why i haven't submitted a request to join that test server, it's because
  1. I'd be continuously ridiculed simply because i post alot
  2. I'd be continously ridiculed simply because i don't engage in pvp

3. I would rather not be apart of that whine and cheese festival simply because i post to much people might think i'm the only bullshitter...by avoiding it, that shows up those who who would love to have me as their favorite scapegoat so their shit doesn't smell
  4. I would rather not be apart of that whine and cheese festival simply because i realize people like Baadf00d and nohbody are better at concept than i am (i'm just the best damned archivist around...at least im humble)
pvp elitists think excellence in ganking some poor shmuck translates to expertise in ship construction. (and anyone else who can't shoot straight isn't worthy)

One wonders about the complete hypocrisy inherent in calling me a troll
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: