UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patch 50 (new ships, new radars, autodock modx, n00b queues)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJG news article
Finally! w00t!
Quote:
v.1.0050 - February 26, 2002
------------------------------------------
-Added three new ships, the Squall, the Griffin, and the Vedette.
-Added three new radars, the Echo, the Ivy, and the Sentinel.
-Added a new auto-docking modx in order to help newbies get used to the flight controls in Jumpgate.
-Added a new command "/gms" to list all the GMs currently online.
-Added a new command "/assist".
When this command is entered your player will be flagged as needing help, and any GM or volunteer GM helper online can also type "/assist" to help you. Once a GM is helping you, you will automaticly be whispering that GM or volunteer that is helping you.
-To remove yourself from the assist queue type the command "/assistoff".
-Players may volunteer as helpers which will give them access to the help queue. To become a volunteer a GM must award you with a special medal.
-Added a command "/refer" which volunteers may refer players to Gamemasters with if they are unsure of how to help another player.
Within hours people had found the bugs in the system...Problems so far:
  1. autodock modx seems to prevent utilization of jumping (i have yet to test this thing myself, but is my next project)
  2. Radars have a cosmetic bug where the graphics for the oct/quan have been mistakenly mixed.
Octavian OPL corporation 'Sentinel' (with bug)
Quantar Cromforge corporation 'Ivy' (with bug)
Solrain T&P size4 radar (n/a)

You see, it's more logical to assume a simple graphic mixup than it is to conclude the text descriptions for range/data/mass and CORPORATE OWNERSHIP is at fault.

Why not simply change the colours? well, if you look at the Octavian Sentry (size1) constrasted to the Quantar Liana (size1), and compare them with the size4 oct/quan radars, you'll understand there was a graphic mixup instead of a text typo with the corporate manufacturer.

What they SHOULD have looked like is:

New ship data: that's located in the freedata base forum (haven't posted that thread yet)

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-01 02:11 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUTODOCK
200v with 500iridium and the "cushion" stopped me cold
Only lvl6 or less can spawn one of these into their 1st modx slot upon death (though they can be traded with anyone, even an optimus)
    the docking "Matrix" appears as a yellow waypoint on radar (there are some unspecified targetting failures that have yet to be identified)...if you can fly into that "Matrix" (not really sure if you need to target it) you'll be stopped inside the bubble and then slowly oriented to face the dock port...then you're accelerated towards dock at a maximum of ~90v (though my 500 iridium tow maxed out at ~40v by time of dock)

I could not control my ship once i'd entered this docking "Matrix"

NOTE: I USED A LVL3 N00B ACCOUNT...there are numerous sources that say it doesn't work for pilots over lvl6!

Rotacol has a new bug. (see link for jury rig)
Previous target is busted for showing /rotacol waypoint (use next target for now)

Complete and unabridge patch 50 ship gallery

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-01 02:22 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, i'm assuming the new FM's will be for the ship yards, and the radars will simply be plunked onto the market (it's been done that way before...otherwise we're looking at customer producers/science factors which i doubt anyone wants since it would isolate production)

as for the modx? the autodock is being CURRENTLY given to any lvl6 or below pilot who crashes. (it can be traded to higher levels, even an optimus, but they cannot see the docking "matrix")
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Themis GMs thought that the radars were already on market and being produced. We did a bit of work last night and proved them wrong. They are now looking into it.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patch 51 quick on the heels of the last
think they covered everything spotted...
Quote:
"v.1.0051 - February 28, 2002
------------------------------------------
- fixed Radar images for Ivy, Sentinel.
- fixed Griffin Shield.
- fixed bug which would cause a CTD when jumping with the Docking Computer MODx.
- fixed rotacol waypoint selection when scrolling forward through target list.
- fixed docking beacon at Quantar Core.
- new accounts will now have the Docking Computer MODx by default.
- fixed artifact display bug."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: