UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Themis Group courts UMF

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PJG news article
GM_Archon seems to be the marketing guru and is asking questions about what sort of hype is most attractive to potential customers like us.
Quote:
Arch0n wrote:
I am currently in the process of writing a marketing plan for jumpgate. Since I am a newcomer to the game and its community, I want to get your input into the key areas in the plan.

First question: What are the 'key 'features' of Jumpgate in terms of its appeal to players? This is what we would use to market the game. Right now I've listed 'space simulation', 'persistent dynamic universe', 'player freedom', 'player community', and 'epic story'. Would you guys agree, disagree? Other ideas?

Second question: What is the core demographic that plays JG? Is it MMORPGers, Elite fans, what? Right now I've listed the core demographic as largely PvP shooter guilds, from games like Counterstrike - is that true? What are some other key demographics you guys think we could target?

Any input you guys have here is welcome. Once I feel like I've gotten a solid handle on what features to market and who to market them to, we'll discuss guerilla tactics...

Best,
Archon

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-30 11:33 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was playing mostly CS before JG after being dissapointed in the PvP aspects of the other MMORPGs I have played (UO, DAoC). I would definetly play up the PvP in a persistent universe aspect. JG differs from every other MMORPG game to date (except the early versions of UO) in that there are no artificial PvP switches or special lands. If I so choose, I can kill anyone in the game, hence I think that really cuts down on the griefing and crappy play styles seen in UO. There aren't many consistent flux stealers for long in JG, unlike UO where people would constantly steal your kills and/or drag a bunch of creatures onto you so they could steal your stuff. Oh ya play up the skilled combat aspect instead of the random number generator aspect of UO, EQ and DAoC, and that you don't need rare magical weapons to play effectively.
Xerxes
And on a related topic, GM_Savant has posted a demographics poll on gamer types

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-02-20 03:47 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Themis Group at it again

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-08 15:51 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> News, Reviews & Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: