UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Me, myself, and I

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hiigaran
Nemesis
Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Larkaan Soban
Planet of Birth: Kharak
Former place of living: Hiigara
Current place of living: Tri Point station
Ship name: Gyrefalcon

I was born on Kharak 24 years before the exodus... I managed to get a position on the mothership when it departed as a scout pilot. I had no family to leave behind, being of Kiith Soban.

The journey was hard. I was promoted to Lt. Captain pretty shortly, and have commanded a squadron of Interceptors since.

I was out on patrol when a Manaani carrier made an emergency exit from hyperspace... some stupid chef had started a grease fire on board and melted through a electrical conduit leading to sensors. The ship AI immediatly dumped the ship out of hyperspace, right next to me.

The quantum flux and energy from the emergency hyperdrive discharged zapped me, and me alone, to somewhere in the vicinity of Solrain Core Station.

From there i joined up as a solrain, being the closest. I was solrain for a while, but i enjoyed mining and quantar space. Maybe i should have been of Kiith Somtaaw, instead.

I switched over to the Quantar faction after spending a couple of months relaxing and touring the various stations of the galaxy.

And that is where i am now. I am hoping one of these days i will find a stray anomaly out there, somewhere, that will take me home.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hiigaran
Nemesis
Nemesis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

w00t! just got my new Typhoon! The thing handles sooo much better than my old Blade Mk IIX. And it has not 2, but 4 Mass-Driver style weapons. I love those nice Barraks.

Unfortunatly, i have yet to find any sign of a way to get back to Hiigara. At least one other member, or at least part of that memeber, of my own time/dimension has also shown up, in the pilot known as Cydrone. He must be only part beast, and autonomous, or else he wouldnt be able to be intelligent.

I warned TRI about him, and Beast Anti-Bodies that i had in my old ship's computer where used to innoculate every single member of the human race in the galaxy... all in secret. Not a secret now, of course.

As for infecting ships, well, TRI type power sources are not compatible with the Beast. The virus dies instanly upon contact with any sort of electrified part of the ship. Namely, 95% of it (even armor has current running through it, helps to gauge how much armor is left).

I moved my apartment from Tri Point station to Corridor Station, where i have been hanging out so much that i have come to love it. Wich is funny, because it is an exact copy of Tripoint.

I will continue to look for a way home, back to HIigara. Until then, this life isnt too bad.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: