UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

3DO dropping Jumpgate

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korath
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked out the 3do boards and they're all locked up. Can't post a thing. Found this on PJG also

Quote:

I wonīt reveal my sources, but a little birdie has told me that 3DO might shut down the JG servers today. If this happens, ND was said to take over immediately (incl. an instant 1.0040 patch). As Iīve said, thatīs a rumour, but I trust my source. (No, donīt ask.)

So, IF the servers go down today, chances are high this rumour was in fact right.

You know that I wouldnīt post unsubstantiated rumours, right? Right??? Man, I need to get a damn official statement on this...
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Korath
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT! ND is taking over! Looks like 3DO is now out of the picture! WOOT!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Korath
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and we get upgraded to 1.040 today!!!!

Quote:

Jumpgate will have scheduled down time today Friday Dec. 21, 2001 from noon until 2 pm PST.

After this downtime Jumpgate will be upgraded to the latest patch and operations of the servers will be transferred from The 3DO Company to Netdevil. All accounts will still be valid, although you will have to re-enter billing information with Netdevil before your next billing cycle.

Web services and email support will be forwarded during the transitions period. The new direct addresses will be:
* JOSSH web site: http://www.JOSSH.com
* Message Boards: forums.jossh.com
* Support email: support@netdevil.com

The 3DO Company thanks you for your support and wishes continued success for Jumpgate and Netdevil.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> News, Reviews & Articles All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: