UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

after 8 months, a new chronicle

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: after 8 months, a new chronicle Reply with quote

man, talk about a long freaking wait for a short short story submission. zzzz. Anyways, here's one that's really good at contrasting gallente vs amarr. Luckily, it attempts to polarize instead of compare, since comparing tends to blur a player's concept...especially the newbies who haven't had the "pleasure" of endless 'roleplaying' news alerts akin to cheap soap operas.

The game is highly egalitarian. Seeing as how anyone can buy any skill of any race and thus fly and shoot with any racial item. It makes it a rather subtle process to tell a race apart based on market item production, and obscure and intentionally ambiguous storyarcs/backstory.

This is why i recommend the above chronicle because it brings into focus a simple concept to understand both Gallente and Amarr "ethos" on a positive note for both sides without demonizing either too much.

Quote:
And the answer is: I agree. Sooner or later, the Federation and the Empire have to beat the ever-loving shit out of each other and only one will rise from the carnage. One of us surrenders individual freedom for a universal human mission, and the other allows each person to define his own mission. In the end, the two can't co-exist; they're polar opposites, and they'll clash eventually. I respectfully disagree with the good Holder as to who'll win, but he's got the right of it; no matter how long we put it off, it's got to end in blood.

oh, i'm a little less sanguine about the defensive properties of 'diamonds' than the author of this fanfic made official

the original posting was here: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=205196
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Eve Public Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: