UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New patch - nerfing the highways

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: New patch - nerfing the highways Reply with quote

DEV TEAM wrote:
We're working on changing the universe a bit (which is probably an understatement) and one of the things that are changing are the gates, which are in preparation for some storyline changes. This includes removing select highways in empire space and adding/removing a number of gates in 0.0.

The empire changes are dictated by the storyline, think of it more like disconnecting people that don't like each other.

To answer another question here, the "stuck system galore" was not present before we had the highways, it was the highways that created the "stuck systems", hence the decentralization of them in recent times to address that.

Another thing is that we will very reluctantly add new systems or change security status and at this moment not even considered.

hmmmmmmm...i must say this development is intriguing from a pure "explorer" viewpoint...It's pleasant to have fair warning of such a change. not only to keep archives of what was, but prepare insta-jumps for what will be.

Hopefully, this will dampen down the calls for insta-jump nerfage, but i doubt it...The way i look at it is: the 2.5km scatter for BMs isn't exactly fun, but then again, the competent pirates always catch the odd indy while it's preparing to jump, not after.

you can find a picture of the soon-to-be-old highways here:
http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=2085

I'll of course keep an ingame screenshot of that for the archives. A before/after shot affect i'll be aiming for, of course.
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pagefault wrote:
exodus -> cold war:

- Dreadnoughts are out (jumps without gates/ TREMENDOUS damageoutput&tank while in siege mode), limited to 0.4 and below, need another ship with a warp-in-beacon
- Outposts are there (alliances can build "real" stations)
- Freighters are out (almost 1 mil cargo, station to station only), about 1.5 bil isk/piece.
- Missiles have seriously changed. They are much faster now, but do REALLY crappy damage on small ships, tons of new skills to partially compensate.
- Complexes drop tons of fraction-ship BPC, prices are in free fall.
- lots of empire jumproutes have changed, there is now a low-sec gap between caldari/amarr <-> gallente/minmatar
- much more jump-routes into 0.0
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Eve Public Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: