UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Attributes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Attributes Reply with quote

F'nog wrote:
Benny Sakiyama wrote:
What do stats effect?

I was told that they just decrease the time needed to learn skills.

Is that their only benefit? For example, do stats effect actions in the game? Would perception grant a bonus to battle, for example? Or int to mining? Etc?

No, they only effect skill training time.

Zekethius wrote:
I have been a part of this game for 2 days now. I have been reading the player guide, and it suggests that you should build up the Attributes of Instant Recall, Analytical Mind, Iron Will, Spatial Awareness etc.

Question is, where do I find these attributes? At the moment I have the standard 5 from setting up my character.Do my Attributes increase as my skill level increases?
Emily Spankratchet wrote:
These are all skills, in the same way that Mining or Spaceship Command are skills. They effectively increase your basic attributes, so Analytical Mind boosts intelligence and Instant Recall boosts memory.

To train them up, you need to use the market to buy the appropriate skill books. You only need one book for each skill you want to train. Once you have purchased them, you can right click on them in your ship's hold or station hanger and select the menu item that trains the skill.

As you train these skills further, it takes longer. So the first couple of increases in intelligence, memory and so on are great and don't take very long to do. The later changes take longer and may not be worth doing. The rule of thumb is that it's generally not worth training them beyond level 4 unless you know you're going to be playing for longer than 6 months. And besides, spending weeks training dull skills like Instant Recall isn't what you want to be doing at the start of the game.

You may or may not want to increase attributes like Charisma depending on whether you plan to train social skills or not. To see if an attribute is useful in reducing the learning time for a skill, you can look at the information provided for that skill: skills generally have primary and secondary attributes that affect how long it takes to train them.
personally, i've done calculations for this stuff. you can see an example of the leapfrogging style of training here:
1st month walkthrough (backup)
    the basic gist being "reverse leapfrogging"...only spent time on learning skills when the time you want to train a practical skill is MUCH more than what it would take you to train the related learning skill.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

verbose example of leapfrogging
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: