UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logging out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Logging out Reply with quote

Quote:
Jamus Gooday wrote:
Hi, I though i saw something on this site a while ago that said when you quit the game your ship still stays wherever you left it and it can be destroyed. Is this true? Should I try to quit/log out only when i am inside of a starbase in secure space?

Log out more than 15 minutes after you've last had PvP--you warp away instantly if possible, and you disappear 1 minute later regardless (even if you're scrambled). If it hasn't be 15 minutes since your last PvP, the timer is 15 minutes, not 1 minute.
pagefault wrote:
No, your ship will try to warp out instantaniously.

Your ship will stay at a random place for 1min (normal) or 15 mins (pvp timer), and can be found there until it dissapears. But: finding a ship in a random place within 1 minute is virtually impossible, even within 15mins it requires quite an effort, and won't happen to u unless some1 has really really good reasons and skills and the right items to find u.

All of the above is not true, if u are warpscrambled. Your ship will just sit there and wait until it disapears. (in this case this usually includes a nice explosion, or someone just boarding it)

conclusion: it is 99% save to log in space, as long as u are not warpscrambled, and no1 is near you that can use the few seconds until u enter warp to scramble u.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: