UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EVE II. Finally.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: EVE II. Finally. Reply with quote

Well, the big day has arrived. The Shiva / Exodus patch is being installed on the servers as I write this, and, by tomorrow at this time, we should be enjoying the new world of candy and crashes.

I'd suggest flying something cheap for a few weeks :)

Theres no need to wait for the patch to go live, you can download the full Shiva install http://www.eve-online.com/download/ today for that nice fresh and clean install feeling.

Or download the manual patch 1754 - 2942
Zero0
Chief WO2
Chief WO2

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty nice wtg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING!!!

beware all contraband. the list includes such tame things as alchohol and spirits!! you could be INSTAGANKED!!!

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=126260&page=1
http://pilkington.parallax-rising.net/downloads/SCC_Smuggler_Interception_Protocols.pdf

WARNING!!!

damsel in distress missions now require you to destroy a structure!!!

http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=125956&page=1

WARNING!!!

bio details can be botched, altered or otherwise look different...possibly deleted as well.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

download from bittorrent or other ftp site.
http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=125863&page=2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MWD do not work in dungeon/complex missions
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ALERT!! all market functions fubar. can't see sell/buy ability no matter what you do
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incidentally i found an icefield. we may want to exploit soon
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smuggled Goods
Alchohol & Spirits? thats going to be tricky.

Is there some way to smuggle this shit around in empire space? As it turns out I have piles of contraband at Yuzier. Piles and piles. There has to be a way to sneak it past the authorities.

Deadspace Complexes & Combat Balance in General
CCP seem intent on nerfing MWDs. As well (apparently) as making dead space complexes stuipidly hard.

Where is my Autoscanner?

Wheee - the Scanner is now broken up into the Overview - a window thats pinned to the top right corner of the screen (previously I had the autoscanner bottom right) and the Scanner - a new scanner that merges the functionality of the name, range and direction scanners.

The overview however is great as it allows all combat to happen with left clicks. no more damnable context menues.

Tip: Hold Ctrl and click on an item in the overview and it will automatically be targetted!

Tip2: Actually I find this one useless. Hold down the left mouse button on a HUD target and a radial menu will pop up. Frankly I find it easier to use the OVerview to select things, and the Selected Item to perform the common commands.

Tip3: With an object selected, right click on the "Keep At Range" and/or "Orbit" buttons to set a custom distance.

It is easy enough to simply right click on objects in space that you want listed in the autoscanner and choose "Show XXX in Overview" to add them to the overview. This is way easier to manage than the old autoscanner with mysterious options like "Show Entities".

Other things
The tactical overlay is interesting, but seems to be like the old Radar. Useless.
I LOVE being able to see all my modules!

Market access from space (might require a few trade skills to actually use) . With (note) named modules!!! EXCELLENT
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:57 am    Post subject: Only 6 hours... Reply with quote

CCP wrote:

You have been banned

You have been warned repeatedly about ranting and reposting locked threads. You can return to the forums in 24 hours.

When Will I be able to post again ? 6 hours, 55 minutes, 36 seconds

Me? Rant? NEVER!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baadD00d!!!! :dunce:
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't forget, ice is worth the most, so if someone wants to truck a mining barge out to my neck of the woods I'll stand guard while the corp get's rich.

B
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Eve Public Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: