UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So, what the **** is going on in JG then? Fixed Market?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: So, what the **** is going on in JG then? Fixed Market? Reply with quote

There is a long list of reasons I left JG, and thus, reasons that I might return to JG.

One of them was the ***ed up market and production cycle.

Now, playing EVE, I must admit I *really* like the way that the EVE economy is almost totally player driven. By that I mean that *ALL* ore comes from player mining operations. This ore is refined into 5 simple minerals, that then feed the production of ships and equipment.

This means - as far as the mining -> production -> flying equipped ships go, everything you see in space was made by players, and there is virtually no possibility to expploit the market, as the prices set everywhere are the results of player set buy and sell orders. If you ever get paid money, its generally money that came from another player.

Other players are notoriusly resistant to being farmed. So the scope for economic exploits is rather small. The scope to bankrupt the niave via scams on the other hand is quite large.

Now, Jumpgate was showing a lot of potential - the question is, from mining to the end production of equipment - do players controll the process yet?

If I can do the following, then I can knock one objection off my list of reasons to return :

1. Go out and mine various minerals. I have a hold full of various ores.
2. Use a refiner to refine those minerals at some cost - keeping the minerals myself. I now have a hold full of various tier 1 commodities.
3. A variety of custom producers are now visitied all over space, to turn the tier 1 commods into tier 2 commods.
4. Futher producers are visited to convert the commodities into equipment.
5. The equipment is now sold to, or from, player owned markets with player specified prices.

At any point in this process, I should be able to buy/sell the ore, tier1 or tier2 commodities to/from a player market - at player defined prices.

Hopefully, there is a market interface where one can query for player owned market's buy and sell prices.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe...you should see the bitching by "raiderone" and the rest of the brass ball crowd on the forums whining about the "simulator" economy and how their pvp simulator can't survive without an arcady economy. lol

you can see the post i put up about it in 'Gameplay' forum here (i'm registered in the US server under majorfreak, again, but no forum access...nor do i think i want it)

Last edited by Heretic on Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the forums still let me in. ill go and take a peep.
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I'm curious, who is playing under what name in EVE.

Bhurak
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me? MinorFreak don't know what Baadf00d calls himself, but there's a few of us there, including UMEC corporation. (not part of that...yet)
    try Zero0
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My character accounts are called DeFood, DeFood II and DeFood III :)
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffy, in the "what are they thinking" category, you can add the fact that I am now the Community Manager.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the whoee?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: