UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Diablo2 patch arriving sometime soonish

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: Diablo2 patch arriving sometime soonish Reply with quote

Betatester wrote:
Well...just a few changes that Ive noticed...
1. Antidote potions now add +10% max poison resist for around 20-30 seconds
2. Super healing pots now heal for 640 life
3.Quill rats now have either a poison attack or a random element added to their attacks (I got chilled by a normal quill rat, and had a lil poofy fire-y explosion-y thingy happen, the next shot)
4. There seems to be "slightly" more random monsters in a5 ;) (for the bloody foothills, it looks like the game takes 1 melee-class monster, and 1 ranged-class monster, and then has them spawn all throughout the Foothills.)
5. If ya wanna do Baal get ready for pain...MAJOR pain.. >_< me barb managed to get himself swarmed by at LEAST 15 suicide minions in WS lvl 2... >_<
6. The Serpents now shoot Bone Spear at you...eek...
7. theres a few new nice mods... (the only that Ive seen is "Grinding"{+max dmg bocl})
8. For the assassin, shadow master and the other shadow ( I forget what its called >_<) both have same life/def/ar...very cool...altho Death Sentry kinda got a wee bit nerfed, imo(it only does 10-25% of corpse life..yes, has jacked up lightning dmg...but isnt that what Lightning sentry is for??)
9. Durance of Hate lvl 2 is bloody HUGE, now...
10. And, finally...minions FINALLY no longer attack bonewall/prisons...yay!!!
hehehe....
another wrote:
Potions have enhanced effect: Stamina potions add infinite run for 20 secs, Warmth add 50% Cold Resistance for 20 secs, and Antidote adds 50% Poison Resistance for 20 secs, in addition to previous effect. Trying to use 2 of the same potion at the same time will cancel the effect out. Using multiple types of potions, only the first used will keep effect.
ShadowSealer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this almost makes me wanna plug in to D2 again......

nah! last time i got RSI and had it for 6 weeks from playing d2 on a IMB laptop with a dot mouse.

lol
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Originally posted by Dyntheos
Vileness means squat in hell, and things like prevents monster heal (wait for it....) doesn't work due to a bug! (big surprise)

ouch!

Apollyon470 wrote:
I started a new sorc with the patch, and I gotta tell you, I've been having a blast.

In an 8 player game, sorcs (I'm at lvl 23 right now) deal crap damage. It feels like my only purpose in life is to position my merc correctly. Most monsters have very high resistances, which makes killing them tough as hell and fun to boot. Expect Sszark the Burning to hand you your ass over and over again, until you realize he's weak against lightning.

Other changes: I've been finding a lot more rare items, though that may be just luck. Monsters have insanely high hp regeneration, so poison damage rocks. Duriel went from "crazy hard" to "please, please don't kill me!"

In short, you can complain all you want about toughness, lack of MF and increased boredom. All I can tell you is that I'm finding more rares than ever, trying my damndest to stay alive and having a great time doing it. Hell might be impossible, yes, but so what? I'm having a great time just getting to act 4.

[Edit] I spel gud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: