UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Only the bitch-ass whiners are left.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Only the bitch-ass whiners are left. Reply with quote

GM Josh FINALLY gives in after almost 2 years of complaints about the price of the Instigator, and when he does, all that the greedy motherfuckers that are left can do is piss and moan that they didn't have any warning so they could sell their old ones, and turn around and re-buy them for cheaper.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it dropped? really? wow...wow...cool. The implications are staggering, really. Uhm...by how much? I'm guessing at the level of whining that it was lowered below 1 million? That would be awesome towards evening out the stupidity of ship balance if they ever fix the economy so the glut of cash is eliminated and people actually stop playing the damned "Quake in space/2nd account farmer" gig.

wow. real strategy. bankrupt your opponent so they capitulate. now THAT would calm down the insane levels of ganking in the game and start people thinking that the culture needs traders instead of targets...wow, that might even start to impact on how "negPR" is currently viewed.

We might see alot of implications impacting the stupid "vigilante" culture that's even more deep-seated than the pissy economy.

http://www.mack-station.com/marketlister/index.php?server=US&type=powerplant&item=Instigator
http://www.mack-station.com/marketlister/index.php?server=US&type=powerplant&item=Antagonizer

hmmmmm...well, now it's time to lower the antagonizer costs. (Again)

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Jun 04, 2003 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Istvan wrote:
I picked the new base price of c1,750,000 (A) using the Antagonizer power/cost ratio and (B) adding a significant markup above that. The Amananth equipment is supposed to be expensive.

I was just reminded about the fact that this piece of equipment is supposed to be very expensive in no uncertain terms. I do not yet know whether this change will be allowed to remain in the system.

it's funny how he phrased that. at the new prices both pps are still stupidly expensive, but he takes the viewpoint that it's possible this price is stupidly low in price...sad, isn't it? makes one think they'll raise the instigator price and tell us be happy they haven't "fixed" the antagonizer back to it's old stupidly insane price.

You know what i think? all the people whining actually are stockpiling instigators like there's no tomorrow hoping to cash in on ND being it's dependable stupid self....*shrug* (if i was a betting man, i'd do exactly that)
    you know what? i'd think the 10% tax on equipment would make any loss from stockpiling moot. oh sure, you'd be hurting if you had stockpiles compared to others, but beyond that your savings relative to tax losses would be even more important to you relative to others who don't ship around instigators...capiche? relatively speaking an instigshipper gains more in the longterm than anyone else on the server (relatively)
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just find it absurd that the people who were being forced into bankruptcy by the cost of their fighter, now are complaining that the price got lowered. It also sounds like Istvan did this without Josh's consent, and that is the reason for the caveat about if it will be allowed to stay.
At least Quants can now dabble in the Sector Claiming.

I wonder if I paid Yokom $12.95 a month to NOT play JumpGate, he would.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: