UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quantar History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> ARM projects & Homeworld forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alshain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Quantar History Reply with quote

While waiting for SWG...(Screw you Raz-X... dam you, dam you!) I was wondering if anyone had some history on Quantar.

I remember Muffy had access to a site that dealt with the books of Hamalzah... and a whole history behind it. Muffy, ya still have that? God its been a long time... but Id like to look this stuff over again.

Thanks..

Oh yeah, Screw you Raz and yer beta testing of SWG!!!!! lol

Alshain
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2003 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
hmmm...try the "spacemonkey pub" forum here. (fan fiction)

as for quantar history? gods, it formed during the 'Unver' era that lasted from newyears2001 till it finally pettered off around ~march (around the end of beta6)
    beta history built more of an understanding about what the factions were going to be (and thus, what the backhistory beyond fluffy fictions was)
Solrain = solitary trader types (fastest FM completers, but folded when octs got pissy)
Quantar = cooperative broker types
Octavian = cliquey warrior types (slow FMs, but intent on slowing down the fastest)

The Cruentus Legio Wars is the history that matters most...it's not the fact it was a singular event, it defined the factions because that's the type of people who CHOSE those factions and who, in the abstract, will always choose.

here's the archived records, but i need to repair the links and stuff. lemmie see what i can do about that. (damn, looks like it'll take more work than just fiddling with urls, sorry)
    gimmie a bit, i might scare up something
ah, found one link... (click pic)

*was more around the time of the 1st cruentus legio war (oct/sol) than the 2nd (oct/qua)*

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed May 21, 2003 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Alshain
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Muffy,

Once again ya prover yerself to be the archive master.

Man that stuff brings back memmories. JG is nothing but a shadow of what it was at that time... sigh.. oh well.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah, and i always wondered how raiderr got to a billion so fast in beta7 (looks like that exploit STILL wasn't fixed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> ARM projects & Homeworld forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: