UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Muffy's Two EP2 pet peeves

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:49 pm    Post subject: Muffy's Two EP2 pet peeves Reply with quote

#1: okay, who was on crack about the flux spawn default? (it's a joke, okay? i can't take this seriously)
    especially when the RP storylines from both camps are a sham. a SHAM. where's the "omg! they're invading duck!" storylines? nope. all we get is, "oooo look new toys!"
  • make the danger known as priority #1
  • assume that alot of time will be spent by brave samaritans covering miner butts and getting flux dumped like crazy
  • ever been fighting some flux and more jump in? not fun
  • i do not like the fact ND thinks the community will "self-police" the flux. they won't. at least the "moral majority" will ignore the need for such and quote from the bible of "hard knocks"
  • I understand that the spawn rates will change, except i don't think this is the way to roleplay it as some kind of ingame surprise party. it's not, okay? know why? because those of us who stop to escort miners want a storyline to base their RP on, okay? capiche? get it fucknuts?
  • ND & MG always turn a blind eye to gripes like this. they think, "oh yes, another one who's not patient. things will change" (no. they won't change. know why? it's because it's not the FLUX SPAWN RATE that pisses me off, but the nonexistent storyline priority (yes, so you have storylines with the word "flux" in them. good for you. faggot semantic wankers)
  • If i'm going to be doing something meaningful i'd like the fucking storyline to acknowledge the few brave (wo)men like me who are doing the same selfless work
  • of course, it's always been "dog eat dog" over at ND "CIVvigilante/HGgankfleet" pizza/beer factory.
#2: didn't anyone notice the arrow keys are USUALLY used by MOUSE players to control thrust, right? (kinda inconvenient not to notice SOMEONE'S DOCKING WARNING!)
    what the fuck is wrong with you people? got the joystick crammed up yer goddamned arse to far and decided to POS your head in their too? ASS CAMPERS!
  • next time map it to pageup/pagedwn like the rest of us here in reality.
  • HELLOOOOOOOOO
rant ahhhhh much better. thx fer listening. all better now.
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judson wrote:
If that sector is a good resource location (never mined it, don't know), wouldn't it make sense for the Flux to make it a priority target? It should be a dangerous place.

Lot of complaints about the spawn rates, which I understand. But mostly I see the problem is we (players) haven't gotten organized in our response and many (most?) are playing JG as a single-player game (guilty!).

If your miner can't defend itself, get an escort. Contact New Dawn; they do it for free. Other pilots will too. Use F5 :flux to call for help.

Pilots patrolling for flux: Announce your role as you pass through a sector. If you note a miner or arti hunter, stay close to respond to help calls. Ask if they need/want cover. Monitor F5 :flux for help calls.

Everyone: Dump discipline! If you gotta dump flux - and we all do sometimes - announce your intentions to give other pilots warning. If you can, tow your flux a bit to let defenseless pilots get clear.

This is the invasion, people. It's what we've been waiting for. It's here. So let's work together.

what a horribly cute sentiment. get real.
Back to top
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant


Joined: 10 Nov 2002
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the flux spawn remain the same, with some kind of dump protection for noobs (say only one flux if dumped will go after a noob). FInally, escorting has a real meaning. I escorted a miner for an hour on US yesterday. Usually, that would have me tearing my hair out. With random flux spawns, dumping, and a pleasant miner I actually had a great time. Escorts meaning something = win. Being able to escort without going out of your mind = win. Not just a small win, either. An uber big fat mofo win.

The reason there's no escorts around atm is the fact that it is incredibly dull. With better flux spawns, I expect to see more escorts coming around. Hopefully, most of the really rich giant roids will be in unreg - that way, escorts can engage bigger flux.

BTW, take a look at the warden shield on the HM. It's a pretty self sufficient ship, with a shield at 4 times the recharge of a mortar (IE totally insane protection, and uber armour). It can certainly look after itself long enough for some kind person to come along and save it. With an escort in fairly big flux sectors it can hold several flux while the escort kills them, and the shield will be able to take it long enough for a decent escort to kill the flux - it's that good.

The LMs need a bit of help though, seriously. A bit more power would do it, then you could mount 3 financiers and a thorn easily. Lower flux spawns near station sectors might also be a plan.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, i agree. did you see me talk about changing flux spawns other than near n00b frequented spots?


Crossreference


Last edited by MajorFreak on Mon Mar 24, 2003 2:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Nohbody
Test Pilot
Test Pilot


Joined: 01 Oct 2001
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: LM tangent Reply with quote

When I had a Quant account, I regularly mined in a Harmattan with a Feather and 3 Financiers, without any serious problems. When you're throttled down for mining (active or otherwise) there's plenty of juice for a weapon gun (or at least any weapon gun an S2 cap can power... plasma is out of the question, without rather silly arty-ization with a CB).

I'll grant you, though, that my Quant experience predates Ep2 by a fair degree, and my mining was mostly in quiet sectors people rarely passed through. The above may not be relevant post-Ep2. :)
_________________
Just another nohbody
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kikujiro wrote:
The new flux spawn is definitely something that I dont like. A whole mess of flux in each sector puts a major hamper on PvP. No longer does a common pvp pilot just have to worry about the overwhelming uberness of diehard twitchy powergamers. They now have to deal with 5-10 flux spawn in addition to whatever threat level the ememy pilot(s) pose. To make things worse, I can now see that the new system is eventually going to be exploited by childish players (i.e. attacking another HG pilot(s) that are under attack by pinkies in the same sector or laying in wait at a jumpgate to purposely dump flux on enemies).

IMO, the new system isnt going to work for long and many will simply quit to go pvp in some other game that is less frustrating.

The next issue I have with the new flux spawn is the impact they have on newer players. If I walked into the game as it sits right now as a brand new player and launched into space w/ noob gear only to be podded by 5-10 nasty c1-c3 a single sector away from a home station..... I would probably give up within a matter of days.

Mining is another problem. Why bother producing these nice big mining ships when you cant use them because of a constant conflux threat?

There should be a better balance on where these conflux attack and where there should be less resistance. My view is that spawn count should be increased the closer you get to pulsar and slackened off the deeper you are in faction territory. Basically like it was before, but with added emphasis in hot spots and random encounters.

It all boils down to this: noobs need friendlier places to fly, miners need quieter places to go, and PvP players require less conflux to focus on what they enjoy.

Im not gonna bother to pvp if there are 6 clonflux on my ass at all times and Im not going to mine because of tourists not killing their flux in every sector they fly to. I'm also not going to reset to Quant like I originally planned to do for the Ep2 patch because the idea of battling a horde of pinkies everwhere I go in a shuttle doesn't appeal to me very much. So whats left to do? Spend my money on POS's that are obviously buggy and broken? No thanks. I'll pass on that one Themis!


i'm actually getting sick and tired of the bullshit from the officials. They coded a default flux spawn that truly sucks, and think it's somehow fun to roleplay it sucking so bad??
WTF is wrong with them? If i wanted to play that fucking game, i'd go volunteer at the local army recruitment centre. At least there i know they'll cut the bullshit once i'm signed up.
:headbang: It's just so bloody confusing how they wash their hands of blame and act like they have a choice what they're responsible for. Like they think they have a fucking clue. Gods, and we thought the Aman FM (still going on, BTW) attitude towards n00bs getting ganked by sentients was bad. omfg

Look, it's dead simple: Flux spawns near core stations were ludicrous IN EPISODE 1

Cay the fucking fanboi wrote:
Flux spawning is varied by level, the higher level you are the more flux you spawn, this does not effect dumping but complaints about noobs spawning boatloads of flux are unfounded.

cram it up your ass and suck it out with a straw, felcher. I've no time for tiddlywink wank sessions with fanbois, so stfu. Get this through yer head, little man, i'm talking about conflux quality not quantity. (you know. TYPE not quantity)
  • you know, the suggestion that core stations have ZERO FLUX
  • adjacent sectors have JELLYFISH
  • adjacent to that SQUID C1; adjacent to that SQUID C2
  • "core" being the 3 main core station sectors
  • non-core station sectors could have spawn types one rank higher perhaps
  • everywhere else can have the current spawn rates even if that ticks off the PvPers flouncing around unreg & border sectors
  • *sigh* it doesn't have to be a literal interpretation, like say the odd sectors like PoH and elsewhere
  • All i ask is just enough so that n00bs and miners aren't required to wait for escorts...and i've shown you exactly what needs to be done. how simple can i make this?
  • AND CUT THE ACT IN AMAN STATION SECTOR PROPER. THAT'S JUST STUPID! IF YOU WANT TO LIVEN IT UP THERE -- MAKE IT AN EVENT NOT SNAFU
Besides, What the #$^$&#@*! does Cay think we're talking about, anyways? dumping is a major freaking problem and dumping invalidates that cute "varied by level" spindoctored pablum. period.




SingleShot wrote:
I don't see what the point of some stupid RP that makes this game very hard to enjoy. The thing is a freaking game, not a world simultation, so I really just want it to be fun above all else. "Sorry, things have to suck because we are RPing it that way" does not cut it.


Crossreference
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFS cut&pasted here because i'm sick of having people shit on me for fun over a deadly serious issue the shitheads think is a joke (and fun too! n00bs have fun! run forrest run!)

GMGhost wrote:
Muffy, my comments were not aimed at you. seeing how i was the only one "complaining" about it i am completely justified in being insulted

It was more of a general comment in that people will quite happily debate the issue on the forums, but when it comes down to it, very few actually do or attempt to do anything about it in game. it's not ABOUT "happily debate" nor "doing something", damnit.

There are enough pilots in game and enough people on station sectors to help out the noobs... but how many actually do? between you and me? i'd say me and not you The spawn rates IMO are fine...thank you for thank scintillating blanket opinion providing people talk to each other and know if and when to ask for help. oh, and now you try to turn your opinion into an argument with another opinion masquerading as "fact"?
i especially take umbrage at the fact you didn't even take Nellie's post into consideration when you stated your last 9 words.

I'm still waiting for that apology. Actually, i'm waiting for a commitment from MG to take this as something more than a joke. You people obviously have trouble with forming concepts so i'll just continue to be rude in order to make a point cause that seems to be the ONLY selfedit thing you selfedit respond to. period
    edit: glossary: 'respond to' = 'give the appropriate response' = "if you don't have anything to add to the conversation beyond lies and obfuscation, stfu"; this isn't anything about being "nice", it's about being appropos to the freaking topic, not some strawman tactic you can sling ad hominems at, especially cute politically correct semantic tiddlywink games i've come to expect as the only thing you GMs seem to be capable of.

  • strawman: made up. twist someone's words -- ie. respond to the thread like it was calling for a nerf of something else...even worse when you deliberately overlook the fact i've made painfully clear my topic is specific and isolated to the 2 closest sectors to a core station (with exceptions for things like PoH)
  • ad hominem: personal insult, most commonly misunderstood as pottymouthed nonpolitically correct rudeness when in fact most of the nastiest flames are the opposite -- ie. being a mealy-mouthed git by implying muffy never plays the game, never helps n00bs, never walks the talk, never seems to have a grasp on reality, RL or JG. (even worse is when you don't even have the common courtesy to admit when you're in the wrong)
2nd edit: it's bloody sad. when i'm polite as hell everyone ignores me; when i'm rude as hell the GMs think its fun to tease "muffy"...do you understand how petty and ignorantly arrogant you come across to everyone not taking shots at me? Of course you don't, see at this point you folks have a little tea party on private forums and come back and say noone's allowed to 'debate' with me anymore on this subject. (hint: go read Animal Farm by Orwell. oink oink)
    glossary: 'Debate': this isn't some stupid college hoighty-toighty clique where we compare who can piss the farthest, i'm talking about forming your damned concept into something more than, "people should do more about it ingame" + "spawns are fine" = "n00bs should know how to ask for help"

    it's not okay, it's not a debate because you don't have an argument. An argument is based on facts, not the puffy dreams by iskander here, nor the baseless opinions of "coulda shoulda woulda"
3rd edit: read my lips: the only fact i have is that screenshot i took about nellie's problem...now, this wasn't solicited at all. this was just spontaneous chatter within about 1/2hr of me logging on after that server downage. geeeee, i do have facts. i do have an argument, and i have plainly listed my suggestions and told you what my argument doesn't intend to change...so why all this hysteria?

I've posted a list. it's very reasonable, go back and look at it again. I'm not asking much at all, really...there's so much leeway here it can't possibly be a nerf. For god's sake, i'm trying to help you...i appreciate Iskander posting that login message, i'd appreciate it more if folks who escort conflux were talked about in storylines so it encourages more of this behavior you say "should" be more rampant. But, i'd appreciate it a hell of a lot if i could get a commitment from you folks to take this seriously.

Unfortunately, you seem to go out of your way to make things difficult for n00bs. let me repeat that. YOU. GO. OUT. OF. YOUR. WAY. TO. MAKE. THINGS. DIFFICULT. FOR. N00BS.
Back to top
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant


Joined: 10 Nov 2002
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The difficulty is making it so that while noobs can travel in [reasonable] safety, non-noobs cannot. As has previously become obvious, I love the new flux spawns, and the way they force players to interact rather than being totally self-sufficient. For this reason I don't think reduced spawns near core stations are the answer....I can only suggest some sort of dump protection to go with the spawn rate reduction.

That way, noobs are safe while they learn the game, but there's something for them to do when they level up a little - escorting miners, etc. When I was a noob, I never had a purpose like (for example) escorting miners. I just wandered around, levelling occasionally, wandering into unreg because I was bored, running out again with a lot of flux on my tail. It was fun in places, but quickly got dull - there was nothing meaningful that I could do.

I still remember a time out when I first joined Fatal Shadows where one of the tows took my Raven along for 'protection' (at the time I took my duties very seriously, although I realise now that the tow posed rather more threat to any enemy than I did :D) As it turned out, we met a pirate at EE. The tow pilot spammed missiles and engaged, and I shot my heart out into the phoon. A little bit later, the phoon ran off and we made it to dock. Heart pounding, I escaped with the tow. Best fun I had when I was a newbie (except maybe my first manta kill, that was a goody too), because my mission to protect the tow was accomplished. A purpose is what I craved as a newbie, which rarely got fulfilled. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of other newbies out there who feel the same way. The new flux spawns can give newbies (when I say newbies, I'm talking about 9-15 ish, experienced noobs if you will :P) this purpose. It's a question of balance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nicator" The difficulty is making it so that while noobs can travel in [reasonable] safety, non-noobs cannot. As has previously become obvious, I love the new flux spawns, and the way they force players to interact rather than being totally self-sufficient. For this reason I don't think reduced spawns near core stations are the answer....I can only suggest some sort of dump protection to go with the spawn rate reduction.
[/quote]
i'm talking about stuff MG can do with the GM TOOLS being coded/fixed, okay? i'm talking about pretty much stuff we can deal with and not pie in the sky wishlist stuff...and i'm damned sure even ND can't code what you're asking for.

There is no difficulty in what i propose, don't go about making conceptual leaps your ass can't cash -- I don't appreciate someone speaking of the difficulties in coding something not currently in effect in the past tense!

I certainly have heard quite enough of the "i like it the way it is and i'm representative of the MMOG demographic" attitude. You, nicator, assume a little too much in judging my idea to somehow ruin the escort career potential, based merely on the "fact" you want ALL FLUX ALL THE TIME! (you don't have an argument. Hell, boy, you don't even have a point beyond ALL FLUX ALL THE TIME! That's no argument, that's an opinion and opinions aren't based on facts.)
    that's why they're called opinions, damnit! Open yer fucking eyes! "difficulty" my ass.
and i'm fucking pissed off with having to alienate friends like you and BaadF00d. Do you know he hasn't spoken once on these forums after i told him off for patronizing me about stuff involving mining? I'm sure you'll begin to tire of being told off for patronizing me as well

you know what? I don't need the stress of dealing with condescension. Peope like me don't get acknowledgment, okay? we don't hold RP events, we don't write RP storylines, we don't get attention because our chosen hobby is BORING (in terms of absolute community entertainment value), okay? I certainly don't need grief from folks who think i'm a cute and fucking fuzzy attention whore, so spare me the martyr syndrome about how i'm going to nerf the fun in EP2.

NOT ONCE HAVE I EVER GOTTEN THROUGH TO THE FUCKNIG DEVS AND THE GODDAMNED RETARDED GMS HOW IMPORTANT N00B RETENTION IS, OKAY, MOTHERFUCKER?! FUN = EXCITEMENT != DEATH/RISK ALL THE FUCKING TIME
    YOU. GO. OUT. OF. YOUR. WAY. TO. MAKE. THINGS. DIFFICULT. FOR. N00BS.
Some of us play the fucking game to relax, not to be some highwire act when we simply want to explore, nose around a bit and have fun doing nonpvp stuff that doesn't involve running, hiding and basically dependent on the VERY capricious nature of PvP combat jockeys who'd rather fuck off and hope the stuffy nonpvpers move to EQ/EvE/E&B

YOU'RE ASKING NONPVPERS TO BE BEHOLDEN TO FRUITFLY ATTENTION SPAN COMBAT JOCKEYS. YOU THINK WE'D BE HONOURED TO SERVE THE GREAT QUAKE IN SPACER LIFESTYLE BY MINING FOR YOUR LAZY BORED ARSES?!

fuck this shit, i can hardly wait until you pvpers start whining how unfair the economy is now and how your pitiful token attempts at "miner escort careers" aren't giving you that fabled "WINGAME" button...damn, i'm gonna laff my ass of then as you say how the game is going to pot because your candy asses can't take the heat.







god damnit. when the hell is EvE-online gonna let me into the beta so i can fuckoff from this stupid game. At least there i'll have friends from the Homeworld community who'll support me and know i'm a rare breed and not some common troll out for a wank session, and they especially know NOT TO PISS ME THE FUCK OFF
    don't you realize NetDevil have created a game that is the absolute antithesis of community building? have you no concept of how a "CIVigilante/HGanker" culture poisons attempts at community building? of course you do, but you don't see it in perspective. you cannot see the woods for the trees -- I can -- Call me arrogant. But, i've got a real good handle on what exactly you people prioritize and what exactly you completely ignore that should be an issue.
n00bs are n00bs because they have neither the experience nor the understanding of how to powerlevel to 26. Stop acting like they do! And stop telling me how a wave of your fairy fagg0t wand is gonna magically turn them into blood-thirsty PvPers who eat conflux for brekkie and shit RP
fuckit. who cares. have your niche market. don't come crying to me when the bottom drops out of this little hell hole.


Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look, just read my suggestion again, okay? where did i say anything about lowering the flux spawn rates (except core stations)...i merely asked that flux spawn TYPES by lowered within 2 jumps of CORE stations. (except the removal of all non-event flux from core stations)
    i'm NOT trying to take away the fun for low levels and the possibility of low lvl fluxxers being useful to others.
jeezuz. it's like everyone twists my simple, very specifici and painfully explained suggestion into something that appears as some hysterical freak screaming for a nerf that ruins everyone's enjoyment of the game.

I am so sick of fanbois/wynars having their way with people who DARE to suggest some small part of jumpgate should cater to those who aren't combat jockeys with balls of steel.

@^@#$^! look at what you're saying about what i'm suggesting. it's just nuts! have you people no shame? Have you convinced yourselves that i'm actually stupid that you don't even need to read my posts in order to figure out i'm an idiot? cause that's exactly the impression i get when people reply to me as though they haven't a damned clue what i was saying. (it was a list. in my first post. it was simple beyond words)
    look, i may be a major freak, i may "act" insane, but i'm not stupid...i know most of you equate fun = excitement = fear in a way most normal MMOG players would be repelled in horror...and you pride yourselves in a niche market?
ripley wrote:
"You know, I don't know which is worse. You don't see the [conflux] fucking each other over for a goddamn percentage..."


Crossreference (POLL)
Back to top
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant


Joined: 10 Nov 2002
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read your post. I assure you, while sometimes you make them a little difficult to understand, I read all your posts before replying. What I'm trying to do here is mature discussion rather than condescension. You don't think that a significant element of risk all the time is good? Then tell me, and why, rather than acting as if I'm trying to to insult you - because I'm not.

I honestly don't believe nerfed conflux spawns (yes, I know it's by type rather than by number) near core stations will work. You know why? Because I'm pretty sure the average highlevel player, rather than considering some interaction with some other players, will just say "man, I can't be bothered to actually interact in this MMORPG. I'll just mine near core sectors where there aren't many flux". A newb trots out of QC with his freshly equipped mining laser, and wonders why nothing is coming out of those funny blue coloured roids. The inherent selfishness of some players is something that you can always rely on. Fortunately, when it comes to flux dumps theres usually someone a little less selfish around to help out.

Quote:
YOU'RE ASKING NONPVPERS TO BE BEHOLDEN TO FRUITFLY ATTENTION SPAN COMBAT JOCKEYS. YOU THINK WE'D BE HONOURED TO SERVE THE GREAT QUAKE IN SPACER LIFESTYLE BY MINING FOR YOUR LAZY BORED ARSES?!


This, I find somewhat insulting. Yes, I'm a PvPer. I also do a lot of non-pvp activities. Yes, I've mined a fair bit before (in other accounts, obviously). I do know what it's like. I resent the implication that just because I am a PvPer that I somehow wish all non-PvPers to bow down before me. I don't give a damn about that sort of crap, okay? What I want from this game is some sort of situation where players have to cooperate with each other. I hate the way it's completely possible in a MMORPG like this to be completely self sufficient. It negates half the point of a MMORPG.

PvPers need miners now, if they wish to consider PvPing for very long. They will give escorts. If they don't, maybe they will consider doing so when the kit runs out. It's not like you require a no attention span combat jockey anyway. That semi-noob in that LF will be able to manage it just as well.

Once again, I was going for the rational debate angle rather than the condescension angle. If you want to refuse to see it that way, feel free.

Rant off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

part 4 of nic's quote below was taken out of quote order for a reason...
Nicator wrote:
  1. You don't think that a significant element of risk all the time is good? Then tell me, and why, rather than acting as if I'm trying to to insult you - because I'm not.
  2. The inherent selfishness of some players is something that you can always rely on. Fortunately, when it comes to flux dumps theres usually someone a little less selfish around to help out.
  3. PvPers need miners now, if they wish to consider PvPing for very long. They will give escorts. If they don't, maybe they will consider doing so when the kit runs out. It's not like you require a no attention span combat jockey anyway. That semi-noob in that LF will be able to manage it just as well.
  4. I don't give a damn about that sort of crap, okay? What I want from this game is some sort of situation where players have to cooperate with each other. I hate the way it's completely possible in a MMORPG like this to be completely self sufficient. It negates half the point of a MMORPG.
  1. thank you for using proper arguments, it's difficult to deal with people when they don't use the sort of language ("rant as you call it") i can understand AS an argument (not just an opinion)
  2. some players selfish? okay, sure. usually there's someone less selfish? okay, sure.
  3. they will give escorts? no. this is where the selfishness of the VERY LOUD minority whines on the forum about their WINGAME button and gets the emphasis off of mining. That is a certainty. As for your nightmare vision of lazy arses? When's the last time in EP2 where you saw some jackass tow mining QC station roids in plain sight of everyone and who's reputation didn't take a swandive off the deep end?? ingame reputation is a HELL of a lot more effective than dealing with forum wynar syndrome
  4. i think maybe you should have read your post again, you let your wishful thinking cloud your mind between those selfish miners and those unselfish, non-forum-whining combat veterans. (when's the last fucking time you saw miners going off on the forums compared to the 24/7 combat jockey wynar?!)

*i'm assuming those 5 people who agree with me aren't thinking, "oh goody, i can be lazy and mine n00b roids for that mining medal"* (it would be more like, "ooo! pure roid bliss")
    remember, NOW we have a situation, if the spawns are lowered near core stations, that the ingame community will treat sectors near core stations AS they did QC station roids - and believe me, reputation in a MMOG community is the only consideration. period
Back to top
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant


Joined: 10 Nov 2002
Posts: 78

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't try to imply that some miners are any more selfish or whiney than some combat veterans :). My mildly cynical outlook on life is that there are extremely selfish people everywhere. The amount of pvp whining is incredible. The way to combat the selfish people (imo) is either to minimise the effect of what selfish people can do, or make it so that the less selfish people can 'cover' for their mistakes :).

You are probably right about the mining in QC. We shall see when whatever their fix is actually happens, as the situation can't stay as it is at the moment.

As for mind cloudage, I'm an idealist. It's a hard, pointless existance :D.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx. then we're in agreement i suppose.
hm Cail just mentioned on that poll thread over at MG that there's a new patch? w00t
hopefully ND didn't nerf the spawns across the board or else everyone's gonna assume it was my fault and there'll be a lynching.
    i hope they fixed that damned chat scroll bar bug too. argh! argh![/i]
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group