UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

me-777 flays muffy's SelfDefense horse

View previous topic :: View next topic  
me-777
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:14 am    Post subject: me-777 flays muffy's SelfDefense horse Reply with quote

*edit* was a reply to this thread, but was a bit (or a bit more)offtopic, so muffy moved it ;)*/edit*

hmm, all self-defence-stuff i read until now was for the perm-bountys...
but why should selfdefence be allowed for perm-bounty but not for (acidential)temp-bounty?

i think its not fair towards pilot "missed the flux and hit the other pilot by accident" ...

maybe timout (completly remove after n minutes) all temps that dont come along with a perm?

*edit*
oh, and muffy, shouldnt be all that self-defnce-stuff be in flame-war-forum? i dont think database is the right place...
*/edit*

The famous name whose origin traces back to death
Two maidens that control death
Black hands in fields of green
Please protect the peace

Last edited by me-777 on Tue Feb 04, 2003 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

offtopic
uhhhhh...i'd love to merge my suggestions into a decent thread, but dude, it's so complex...if it was easy to describe and classify NetDevil would have done it long before. (i mean, instead of making vague rhetorical statements, why not try describing why "self-defense" is not a fact worthy of serious study, but so irrelevant that it belongs in the flame pit?)
    disabling or masking or removing temp.bounties via variations of the old /forgive command doesn't really need explaining the "why" of it, right? i mean, it's happily ensconced here
I don't deal with temp.bounty or forgive in this thread because it's a simple concept needing no rationale at all once it's explained properly.

ontopic
i will add the /forgive option to the wishlist along with the removal of negPR decay, but i must remind you that both concepts are tertiary to the complex and difficult subject of "self-defense"...And "self-defense" is hardly understood by enough people to actually HAVE a real argument based on facts.
    i mean, when you really get down to brass tacks, when i suggest something i play it through by imagining that ND would naturally code it, thus i look for how it would be exploited. (visualization)...this also gives me longterm patience in knowing that "disabling negpr decay" and "/forgive enabling" would naturally follow suit...The danger in suggesting a whole smorgasborg of changes is that ND will not see the primary issue and think it's a buffet, not understand the context and therefore code something noone wanted in teh first place.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
me-777
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edit*ok, what do do with this now... i think i leave it as it it is and make a new comment...

all i wanted to say its not the sole solution to deal with selfdefence just for the perms, there are temps too and if you gonna make life easyer for the perm-guys u gotta help the temp-guys (especially if it was a accident) too.
*/edit*

the only advanced forgive i noticed lately was my sugestion in the mg-forums... did i miss another one?

but its not "a different issue altogether" i want to say bevore u make it easyer for the bad guys make it easyer for the good guys (or something like that...)
    (I still belive this stuff belongs into flame war, at least my posts with reply)

*edit*hey, dont edit while i reply ;p
i think i will sum the advanced /forgive up as "temp-bounty-handling" in brain-storming...*/edit*
The famous name whose origin traces back to death
Two maidens that control death
Black hands in fields of green
Please protect the peace
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: