UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miner's Heart

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ionus
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Miner's Heart Reply with quote

<ooc>My first attempt at this, be gentle</ooc>

The lift latched noisily into place as he stepped of into his docking bay. His eyes slowly traverse the length of the cargo tow. Here, in the bay, it was so much different without a cargo container.

The exhaust nozzles of the twin Rush engines stood tall above him. Though created by the heathens of Hyperial, he had to admit they performed their duty well.

He cringed slighty as he thought on the Solrain heart that powered the ship. He grimmaced outright at the thought of the tangle of adapters and patches that let the beast transfer that precious power to the systems of the ship. If only the leaders of the Quantar power and propulsion industries would spend some time developing more efficient components. Ah, but that's a pipe dream.

He gazed lovingly on the Bankers mounted over the cockpit. Not as efficient as Financier's, but Financier's would never fit on the hull of the tow. No, the Banker's would have to suffice for the task ahead.

He clambered into the cockpit, strapped himself in, and began the process of reviving the beast. Slowly, the heart began beating, the engines warmed, and systems came online.

"Pilot Ionus to Control, requesting one empty cargo container and clearance to launch."

"Pilot Ionus, this is Control. Container QC-248 assigned. You are cleared to lauch from Tube 3. Going for the Gem's?"

"Yes, Control. I've waited too long. It's time I prove myself."

"Pilot Ionus, this is Control. Hamalzah be with you in your search."

"Thank you, Control."

The auto-lauch systems engaged, Ionus closed his eyes and waited for the G-forces of launch. His personal quest had begun.
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ionus,

Excellent job M8, I've often wanted to write but everytime I put pen to paper it seems I lose data that seemed worthy of a Nobel in my brain. :headbang: Keep it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: