UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Neocron

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zahn
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2002 3:21 am    Post subject: Neocron Reply with quote

Downloaded the offline demo of this 11/17/02.

Took nearly 4 hours waiting in line at Fileplanet to get the demo!

1 of fileplanets minutes seems to be 4 minutes in real time.

Anyway installed ok, seems abit like System Shock.

However keeps locking up my PC.

Throws Neocron is the trash can (yuck)

Zahn
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Neocron and I can't say I enjoyed the 4 hours I played so far. I was doing OK, but I had some bug that made my weapon continually attack. (Support e-mailed me back next morning, so good response time). Then as a good Noob, I died, I think because I was carrying too much stuff and couldn't run. Anyway, went looking for a cheap low tech weapon to go back down in the sewers and looked for 2 hours!! Zip, Nada, couldn't find a thing. I think the game wants you to make/trade stuff and create a virtual economy. Lots of German's online, speaking German of course, which is fine...just that I don't understand it (Note to self, learn new language next week). Sooooo, dunno if I'm going to try again.
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come to Pluto. Plenty of English speaking going on, as well as many JG vets who will give you a leg up on getting through the first stages of the game. Most of us use our same names, and you'd be surprised at who you see running around.

Bagger88 wrote:
I think the game wants you to make/trade stuff and create a virtual economy.

Exactly. The things you can buy at NPC stores are lower quality than what a player can construct. Player interaction is guaranteed.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JumpGate refugee camp at Neocron

*shrug* most boring thread i've ever read apart from that tepid little whine fest about EON cheating/bannage.
Zz

The game looks like a rip off of Anarchy Online.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adrenaline Vault wrote:
The phrase, “It’s a cold, hard world out there,” is certainly a cliché, but it’s an especially apt description of the cutthroat competition within the market of Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Games. They certainly can be a lucrative enterprise, but with the number of titles increasing at a faster rate than the number of interested players, the price of failure can be equally high. While it can be tempting to cut the developers of new franchises some slack, being that they aren’t in the second or even third generation of their game worlds and lack the resources of powerhouses Microsoft and Sony, ultimately, they must sink or swim on their own merits. Into these troubled waters comes the German developer Reakktor with their flagship product, Neocron, entering into the burgeoning science-fiction realm of the genre -- coming in on the heels of the flailing Anarchy Online and in advance of the upcoming behemoth, Star Wars Galaxies.

looks like they put up a review of the game, (un)fortunately he didn't mention JumpGate at all, but seeing as how one doesn't have personal avatars (see the E&B blurb here) i doubt it was in context anyways other than a Sci-Fi MMOG.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarDruid wrote:
Yah but Neobutcrack is in a FPS style. Planetside is a FPS with a little RPG mixed in. Think a Mech Warrior game or quake in a persistent world. I like that, less RP, more shooting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: