UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hyperial story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sancho
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(my email (BellSouth) is down for an unspecified amout of time so can;t submit this yet... I think the problms relate to the trouble I had with discoes and reconnecting last night, I suspect infrastructure trouble at BellSouth (hackers or hardware)) Per Hink's suggestion, I positioned it so UMEC is one team (and a modest one!) and only used specific names of outsiders. Any comments received before posting will be considered for edits. I could get it to PJG first, but have mixed feeling about that as it'll get that stupid disclaimer which I so hate. If it appears on JOSSH and PJG copies it, it looks more "official.")

UMEC Completes Hyperial Reconstruction Project!

In a sudden and surprising move, yesterday a fleet of UMEC transport and support ships swooped into Hyperial territory and began hauling tow loads of the commodities needed to complete the tooling center construction that had been languishing. Saito, a Phoenix pilot who had volunteered to join the effort, brought in the last load to the cheers and toasts.

There had been whispers for a few days that Hyperial was talking to someone about the project, but no solid sources appeared and this reporter was hesitant to speculate. ?Yes, they approached us a few days ago,? a UMEC official reported, ?and we agreed to provide our logistics and planning crew to organized the movement of needed commodities. It?s nothing special, really, it?s what we do.?

He added, ?We would like to thank those who are not a part of UMEC who pitched in. In addition to Saito, Tobiko, Retseylop, Kpax11 and dalamarS, among others, all did journeyman service making cargo runs. Combined with our own pilots, that allowed us to build a steady stream of ships flowing back and forth from Quantar Core, Sol Core, and Klatches Hold, with side trips to other stations for harder to find supplies.?

The effort began when a logistics team arrived at Hyperial and set up brokering offices. Within hours UMEC transport ships began arriving, flooding the station?s bays with containers of silicon, water, titanium, phosphorus, copper, cesium, and all the other raw materials lacking. As the day wore on, pilots, both independent and from friendly squads, joined in, feeling the excitement of working with a dedicated and driven team.

?Following a discontinuity that cost us some time, we had a brief slump at about the 95% mark and some of us started dropping from sheer exhaustion,? one pilot disclosed. ?But several of us avowed that they would not stop until the ribbon was up and ready for cutting, and that was enough to kick the rest of us into a second wind. After that it wasn?t if we?d finish it, just how soon. I?m glad Saito got the honor of dropping that last load. We appreciate the help those guys gave us.?

The Hyperial authorities would not disclose, yet, when exactly the ribbon-cutting ceremony would be held, but did say it would be ?very soon.?

When asked about future projects, our UMEC contact disclosed that there were talks with Amananth about the similar project there. ?It?s a far more difficult project due to the unregulated sectors the goods must traverse, the problems of piracy, and the sheer distance. We?re looking at it seriously, but frankly, unless we can get the support of several full organizations we question whether it?s practical. We?d need more hulls to ship bulk goods, a fleet of smaller craft for priority runs, and a wing to hold off Conflux and pirates.?

When asked about prospective partners he added, ?we?ve only begun the exploratory process. We would welcome any inquiries about cooperative efforts. It will take a coalition; we?re for building one.?

UMEC is a multi-factional, peaceful squad that does not seek to be combatant, but supports TRI and the war effort against the Conflux with its mining, shipping and logistical expertise.
Korath
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn Brotha! Wish I could write stories like that but I just don't have the knack for it. I like it. :smile:
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hink
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like it as well. are the '?' marks on purpose??? looks like their supposed to be quotes. prolly a font thing.

sancho
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, a font thing. I submitted it to JOSSH using my work email account.

We'll probably see it later today.

Also submitted my rumormongering on Purgs ;>
FearedByNone
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bellsouth email servers were down yesterday for mainainance. should be ok today

FG
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it posted. VERY good work. Keep up the squad spirit - and the better rep we have, and the more people who see our name out there, the better we're treated.

Who wants to ally against TheRapists with a squad no one's heard of, eh? We're known, we're visible, and we're not gonna compromise our values or lay down for pirates. We stand for all that's good in JG.

Keep the positivity up and the posts flowing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Roleplaying Events & Storyline Posts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: