UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reasons why I won't be getting Eve right away

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2003 11:48 am    Post subject: Reasons why I won't be getting Eve right away Reply with quote

Really, this is a bug list that really annoys me. I really have a hard time deciding which one bothers me the most. I will not get Eve until the following have been addressed to some degree:

1) LAG! Granted this is better, but now I'm not sure this is due to the lack of people or they actually have a handle on it.

2) Dropped nodes. It is really annoying to work your butt off only to loose it to a pirate (NPC or otherwise) just because your node drops off.

3) Factories and Research blueprints go missing. What is the point of being able to plug something in and go away for the night in the hopes of coming back in the morning to finished products, only to find that your blueprint is no longer found?

4) Cannot repair your ship. So I fly around and get knocked off because of lag and a pirate hurts my ship - now my damaged ship will remain so or get buggered up all to hell.

I would like everyone to add your list of bugs/pet peeves about Eve. For those that end up playing it, let us know if they have taken care of them.
Kami
Ex-Assistant GM
Ex-Assistant GM

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bug, but #1 on my list is:

The need for a privacy mode or filter mode, regarding chat. People can spam you and attack.

I've already bought it, just awaiting it.
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the LAG was the killer for me. It just wasn't fun to sit and wait for the damn server to catch up every time I wanted to do something.
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lag wasn't that bad the last week - but I still noticed a few "reverse warps". I seem to have more dropped nodes than lag problems (not sure if they are one and the same).

They try a different approach (NPC police) to take care of the griefers, but I think they are probably a little too light for those that really want to grief.

It was very annoying to me to see the final(?) stats for the ships the day before it goes live.

On the lighter side, does anyone else find it funny that Innom, Frog and Rollio are playing a point-n-click game? :p
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure. point at TOW, click MSspam. What's different?
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2003 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For them JG was a mouse-click game as, iirc, none of them used a stick....

EVE should be right up thier alley :grin:
Kami
Ex-Assistant GM
Ex-Assistant GM

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda all irrelevant for me, since I have a pre-order, which should probably arrive today.

I can't recall a method to search corps, but I'll keep an eye open :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Eve Public Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: