UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new cargo mission tweak buggy...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: new cargo mission tweak buggy... Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
I know the semantic lawyers would take umbrage at my use of buggy to describe a suggestion forum thread as proof of the new cargo mission being, "buggy", but we're talking REAL economic sense here, k?
WidowMaker wrote:
About these new cargo missions...
I really like that the new cargo missions will pick something already at the origin station for the mission. However, could we actually change that so that it picks something PRODUCED at the origin station? Either that or have the mission commod you deliver get eaten by the station (since it *is* supposed to be needed, right?) so it can't just be purchased again.

As it stands right now, you could move the same 500 of a rare commodity from station to station, since as soon as you sell it to complete one mission, the computer sees it as something in stock and needed at another station, and generates a mission for it.

You'll notice there was some talk that it was fixed, but that's yet to be confirmed...Though the "fix" was merely a 'nerf' and nothing to do with actually creating a REAL economy feel to the 'quake in space' we have currently. (oh, BTW, i read elsewhere that people still regularly disco while mining and lose everything they recently mined, post-launch)
    read: muffy thinks the economy was promoted sideways in the last patch. (see brainstorming forum for thoughts about farming fix and lack thereof)
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to a couple of *ahem* small oversights, the new cargo mission computer is actually far worse than it seems. On the US server probably no one has noticed yet due to the widespread use of farming by pilots that wanna make money, but the new mission computer can relativly easilly be exploited to produce repeatable runs worth in the order of 10mil per run, with no real limit to the number of pilots that partake in this activity.

Its like farming except theres no ripening time, and a single pilot can set it up, and run it for hours.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i figured that...even beyond the surface babbling going on that you'll lose money that way. (see thread for silliness)

I do wonder, i mean REALLY wonder why they couldn't be arsed to add "produced at" restriction...It just befuddles me to realize they wasted that much coding for a half-assed job that in the end simply wasted their coding time. I was pretty much aghast at the time of that patch...now i'm simply happy i quit when i did.

proper planning and preparation prevents piss poor performance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: