UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mindphyre site went down...plus...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: mindphyre site went down...plus... Reply with quote

umec's forum site is also locked to me. someone changed the password. (about time too, though. the password was a no brainer...hope nothing happened and MadCat's just cleaning house)

Kinda concerned about www.mindphyre.com I hope he didn't get in trouble for the 200megs i uploaded that he said i could. hmmmm...
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2002 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

still nothing from MadCat. blarg...until then be patient and wait for link repairs...
roll
hoooooboy. talk about timing -- MadCat just contacted me about the problem...things'll be repaired sometime sooner than later. Until then know that nothing gets lost around here for long. (geologically speaking)
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be back up now, sorry for the long wait.

Here's what happened:

I left for a vacation on Aug 10, everything was working just fine, no problems.

Aug 13: the Mindphyre (My employer) server goes down, our server administrator writes a memo saying that the hard drive had crashed and that he was taking the server and the back-ups home to work on it overnight.

Aug 20: I return from vacation, the server is still down, and my boss is pissed like you wouldn't belive. Aparently our server admin was "burned out" and "needed to take a few weeks off" with the server and the back-ups in an unknown location.

Aug 21: Boss gives up trying to get the server back, gives me the job of server admin and orders parts next day air for 2 new servers.

Aug 23: last of the parts arrive and servers are built

Aug 24-28: Websites that we host are rebuilt 1 by 1 from scratch. Final site went online today.

/me needs another vacation =P
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:o
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindphyre down. down HARD...i have detailed and concurrent backups of the entire thing, but i'm sure that's not needed. more like something harsh happened to the server and all.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAP. well, i haven't heard from MadCat yet (not unusual) but mindphyre's base URL is doing fine. WTF
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no word from MadCat as of this date. sorry, folks, but mindphyre and my copious archives are temporarily offline.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goddamnit! still down. no word from MadCat. period. blarg!
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cold
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, MadCat just PM'd me...which was the good news. unfortunately, it's up in the air whether or not i'll be online with another host anytime soon.

*shrug* I'll stick with MadCat until i get offers, but i'm really hoping mindphyre gets it's act in gear - it's such a bother repairing dead links. blech
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Website/Forum Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: