UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Corporate Management 101

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seneschal™

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Corporate Management 101 Reply with quote

unfortunately, government bureaucracy is horrible in Eve-online. the transparency is currently hopeless. You cannot monitor anything but the most cursory details of your corp's operations.

having said that, it's a marvelous system once you understand that one has to improvise ways to get it to work efficiently.

here's my personal list of things i've tested, quite thoroughly i might add using controlled experiments.
  • security officer = member hangar view
  • factory/office/lab rent = allows renting of said slots, but NOT unrenting.
  • factory manager = allows the use of both factory and lab slots. unfortunately, this role allows UNRENTING of said slots.
  • (junior) Accountant/Trader = access the 'deliveries' hangar
  • (junior) Accountant = ability to see the corporation tab in 'wallet' (accountant can only give the 'shares'/pay the 'rents'/take or transfer isk from corp)
  • (junior) Accountant = ability to see the accounts tab in 'corporation' window. (junior can only view, though this section is less useful than the above)
  • Accountant/Trader = ability to see the 'use corp account' in transaction popups
  • Auditor = View the auditing tab in members section of the 'corporation' window
  • Station manager/config = pretty much your POS only stuff
  • Personnel manager = can accept/reject applications to join corp. can neither fire nor edit member accesses, roles, nor titles.
  • Config Equip = quite powerful, actually. Ability to fiddle with all sorts of details regarding "station containers"...can be put on a leash with a combination of hangar access and container take privileges. This is where the "default item lock" is such a bloody pain, but an asset if you set the access and roles up in the right pattern.
  • the only way to allow viewing of contents of containers is to allow 'take' ability from said hangar (and containers)....JOY. (there IS a way around this, but involves rejected escrow packages, since they're considered containers - think 'take' access for containers)
  • there's a few more roles but they're pretty much intuitive
you see, the thing with my corporation is i created the corporation with one TRUE motivation: how to store the bloody loot one accumulates (so as to avoid your 'assets' window hemorraging)

The thing is, i wanted all the members in the corporation to enjoy the same 'sorting' ability i do...this is where the damn "default lock" hamstrings it: n00bs usually have the habit of thinking outside the box, especially when CCP made the box so freaking small. I find n00bs will merrily shift the entire amount of an item then merrily shift it back to the station container, thus inadvertendly locking the entire stock in one fell swoop.
    as you can imagine, without allowing even the lowest n00b the ability to unlock the contents of said can you're looking at a massive micromanagement job if you have more than a few offices close together.
*shrug* 'config equip' is no really big deal since you can block access to said hangars with the hangar access privilege easily enough, EXCEPT the one true easy way to sort one's loot is to have the hangars set up for ships/containers, slot1, slot2, slot3, ammo/expendibles, skills/blueprints and industry divisions.

the lack of numerous hangars conflicts with the current default container lock. i don't expect CCP to change it's mind any time soon™ (personally, i figured they flipped a coin to decide the default lock/unlock)
Seneschal™

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for an example of how this works in practice. see here
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some tips on locating decent corps
Seneschal™

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kaikura Akunji wrote:
How do newbies that join a corp survive if the corp is at war?I have a friend that plays and wants me to join his corp.I will at some point,but their at war with 7 other corps atm.

I'm really not into this corp.war thing as i'm a agent runner and rat hunter.How does this whole war thing work?[:?:]

Beyond flying your starter ship, it's difficult to tell who's a n00b or not. actually, it's nigh impossible to detect who's a n00b or not without actually conversing with them.

So if you're in a corporation that someone has declared war on (or visa versa) there's no guarrantee the enemy will consider you anything but a worthy target.

It's strange that CONCORD allows non-consentual corp wars. One would assume that since it controls the actual process itself, you'd think they'd prevent "griefer corp declares war on n00b &/or carebear player corp" exploits. But, if you think about what CONCORD stands for, one would assume they cannot control their NPC empires from fighting each other, right? I'm making an assumption here about why CCP allowed non-consentual war declarations and trying to avoid making personal opinions on this subject.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6Killer wrote:
Savyor wrote:
Our Corp was wondering about the Tax also. It seems to be random as not every mission completed gets a tax added to Corp Wallet.

Is there a minimum reward needed before a tax is taken out? That could possibly explain it if that is true for the rat bounty also.

MY CEO an I have been tracking the CORP Tax. So far we have found that the minimum for the tax to take affect is 38,500 on both Agent Missions and NPC bounties. I submitted a request for tech support and recieved the response that there should be no minimum for the tax to take affect. A bug report has been submitted, but no response as of yet whether or not it will be addressed and fixed.
Letouk Mernel wrote:
Willow Smith wrote:
Is there any tax on the stuff that my character sell on the market? ex. I sell a AB for 500k and our corp tax is 10% do I get to pay 50k in tax?

Currently, no.
Seneschal™

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brej Donierik wrote:
A corporation allows you to share resources more easily.

You can open offices wherever you all operate, and get 7 hangars per office (on which you can set various degrees of protection; specifying which members can and cannot take or view). There's a "corp wallet", and you can rent factories and laboratories in the name of the corporation, and pay the rent from there.

You get your own corp channel, corp mail, and ships colored green when in space so you can spot each other instantly.

To do it, you need a CEO with the corporation skills trained. You may want to create an ALT and make him the CEO, train just the corp skills for him, and have him create the corporation. That way, if you decide to join someone else's corp with your main, or if everyone leaves and you want to leave too, you don't have to disband your corporation.

Disadvantages of placing yourself and your friends in a corp:

You can be declared war against. There are several mercenary corps out there who may be looking for easy prey; they see your corp as just formed, let you get settled in for a month or two, then declare war on you and ask you to pay them 200m to remove said war.

You can be stolen from. The 7 hangars, although secure, aren't 100%. You have to give people access, else your corp doesn't function. Every newbie you recruit or even the friends you trust could turn around and completely clear everything from your hangars, sell it, and then re-start the game with an ALT you can't trace.

Fees. It costs ISK to create the corp. Then you have office rent due monthly, and lab and factory rent due weekly. Also, once you grow past a certain size, people may expect access to a web site and corporate forums, which could cost money to set up and/or host.

Overhead. The difference between a successful corporation and a dead one is in the directors/CEO. Directors pretty much must be on and available to answer questions, train newbies, recruit (that takes a lot of effort), answer more questions, organize events, and generally they become the content providers for everyone, which is a lot of work. People start expecting it ("So, what are we doing tonigh? Anything going on?").
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GC13 wrote:
...you don't pay a tax to your corporation on the sale of goods. You only pay the corp tax for NPC bounties, and for mission REWARDS (but not the time bonuses).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: