UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new JG: Small town community in a big world.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Razage
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic wrote:
I'm rather sad about the fact JumpGate developer(s) still have yet to produce the fabled POS factory modx...it's ironic that Eve-online has yet to deliver both research labs and factory slots in it's version of the POS.


I concur, should be comming soon though with the removal of T2 parts from agent missions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4


Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Posts: 473
Location: Tripoint

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you forgot the lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ambrosius
Squadleader
Squadleader


Joined: 04 Jan 2003
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic wrote:
fuck it. okay, look, i'm going to make this rather simple. Ambro's little make-believe world of "intrigue" has about as much "story" as a nursery rhyme, and about as much "arc" as quasi-moto trying for the NBA. They'll yap on about how great the RP potential JG has until the cows come home. Christ, you know, i play MMOGs because of the community and the persistent nature of the concept - i don't play for the weekend's next "OMFG" episodic load of crap i could probably get more depth out of by reading this month's playmate bio, ffs.


What do you know about my little make-believe world? You just sit around here and circle-jerk. Everyone knows JGs major shortcoming is that it takes REAL skill and REAL creativity -- too much challenge for geek wannabees without a life who'd rather acquire "skill" by being online 24x7.
_________________
-- Ambros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Razage
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrosius wrote:

What do you know about my little make-believe world? You just sit around here and circle-jerk. Everyone knows JGs major shortcoming is that it takes REAL skill and REAL creativity -- too much challenge for geek wannabees without a life who'd rather acquire "skill" by being online 24x7.


Pffft, in JG the community's so small and everyone's so buddy-buddy that you're "circle jerking" as well. That argument is such weak sauce. I shall therefore claim victory by default since the only thing you can do is come here present piss-poor insults about masterbation. Go tell your friends about your cunning wit in Home room.

Now then, lets deflate these other pipe-dreams and then you can go back to thinking about cum oozing all over your hand (See!? I can play that game too. This post shall have nothing but masterbation jokes!):

1) REAL skill/creativity - Ooooh, good job using "Real" because this means that anything else is what.... "Fake." Say something rather then try to mutilate the english language for your own means. Here, let me illistrate what you COULD HAVE wrote:

- In JG you need plenty of twich based skills to be proficiant in PvP. However that's alright because this means a player only needs to have the brain the size of a walnut.

I know it's hard with all that "REAL" semen inching it's way down a tube sock but fuck, try a little atleast.

As for "Real" creativity. What the fuck are you talking about? Cartel's are hardly creative. If you mean that you need real creativity in terms of developing your own stories and stuff because there's piss all for backstory, then you are correct. Don't worry though, as Bhurak says, "Even retards can glue maccroni to cardboard". Retards also know how to masterbate too.

2) "Too much challange for geek wannabes without a life.... something something"

Okay, what the fuck is a "Geek wannabe"? Arn't geeks the ones without lifes? So a Geek wannabe is lower then a geek because he's not a geek and dosn't have a life? What? Do you know anything about EVE-Online? For instance you don't need to log on to acquire said "Skill" so nobody is online 24/7. That's alright, I suppose you didn't think about any of this while you were wiping the semen off the keyboard.

So now you're going to post some more insults and I'm going to make fun of you some more. Sounds good to me. Maybe it'll generate enough attention that the two stray braincells will collide and a flash of insight will occur.

If not then maybe someone else will come and post something of some value. Nictator was actually useful to talk to. You're just a fucking idiot. I'm not sure how you run a squad. "Meet your mining quota's or I'll call you a geek wanna be!?" Or "Kill those pirates or I'll talk about circle jerking!"

Now go home.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ambrosius
Squadleader
Squadleader


Joined: 04 Jan 2003
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the masturbation metaphors cum so naturally here where you regularly opine supremely -- primarily to youself. So enjoy your victory and your sticky hands.
_________________
-- Ambros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Razage
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrosius wrote:
Unfortunately, the masturbation metaphors cum so naturally here where you regularly opine supremely -- primarily to youself. So enjoy your victory and your sticky hands.


Okay, so I'm talking to my self? Is that it? Then why is it the first lines of this quote are from someone else... namely you!

What is it, there are atleast 5 different people posting on this thread? If I was talking to myself or wanted to be talking to myself I'd write this in notepad.

I'm starting to slowly see that Ambrosis land is where everyone tows the company line and dosn't ask questions. Those who don't agree are "Masterbating" or "Geek wannabes" Tell you what, Ambrosis. I'm a nice guy and I want to see you put these talents to good use where you can succeed. Therefore I'm going to give you the perfect business oppertunity. Go to www.quixtar.com and sign up. All they ask is your undying loyalty to the bosses and knowing how good you are at towing company lines, you'll fit right in.

Come back and tell me when you're making millions good ol pal!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4


Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Posts: 473
Location: Tripoint

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm...does ambrosius know it's muffy he/she is dissing? Most likely ambro has no idea muffy has been with jumpgate since beta6 (jan2001) and has seen first hand INGAME what awaits potential customers who try both the US and EU server. Muffy who's in search of yet ANOTHER webhost site to repair all those image links in that JG FAQ forum.

The same muffy who also witnessed the absolute crapfest that was and still is the jumpgate forums (both us and eu)

The same muffy who thinks ambro's next career should be a felcher, since it's obvious he/she has no fucking idea what RP means to the rest of the population on EARTH.


edit: seriously, have you ever tried researching deep thinking stuff like "how to GM a D&D campaign successfully" or "what makes a story compelling?" articles? I personally haven't, but have you? have any of us? do the developers? how about the piss-poor excuses for writers? Between you and the 3 people who actually read these forums, does any of us really believe in compelling storyline creation for a mmog where we cannot count on any factor besides 'murphy's law' - and in so admitting, do we dare waste our time making virtual sandcastles for so much effort for so little reward?
    in all honesty, i would love to eventually reach the stage where i could write stories like faith did and be able to actualize those into ingame events of epic proportions (albiet on mmog terms)
cry offtopic: saddens me that i was within 72hrs of backing up the roleplaying forums before netdevil wiped the database. have but scraps of what was there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ambrosius
Squadleader
Squadleader


Joined: 04 Jan 2003
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know who Muffy is. I've been around just as long. I'm unimpressed.
_________________
-- Ambros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Razage
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ambrosius wrote:
I know who Muffy is. I've been around just as long. I'm unimpressed.



Well respect is a two way street, buddy. Nictator seemed to know that atleast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4


Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Posts: 473
Location: Tripoint

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unimpressed? I don't care if you think i'm the lowest form of life, at least you admitted to being around long enough to know I'm muffy.

pretty ironic that after years of being "unimpressed" (*not to mention being front and center when it came to the muffy-is-a-troll bandwagon*) all you can think up is merely a "pissing-contest" reference for a reply.

As for the entirety of Ambrosius' intelligent conversation in this thread amounts to pimping some storyarc created by none other than "fence" with the context being that this proves that there's more to do than (a) partyline (b) blow up partyline...but that there's (c) GM sabotage of nonpartyline. (wow, zinger)

boy, talk about tiddlywink politics. He must have learned what 'subtle' meant by following Starwars episode 2's plot and dialogue.
    not to mention ambro's probably going to completely miss the point yet again (ie. ignoring anything BUT ad hominems) and thus think it's yet another "us versus them" trollage that needs more sexual innuendo you'd normally get from grade schoolers...ahhh, but more likely he'll take the martyr route instead.
Ambrosius wrote:
Heretic wrote:
fuck it. okay, look, i'm going to make this rather simple. Ambro's little make-believe world of "intrigue" has about as much "story" as a nursery rhyme, and about as much "arc" as quasi-moto trying for the NBA. They'll yap on about how great the RP potential JG has until the cows come home. Christ, you know, i play MMOGs because of the community and the persistent nature of the concept - i don't play for the weekend's next "OMFG" episodic load of crap i could probably get more depth out of by reading this month's playmate bio, ffs.


What do you know about my little make-believe world? You just sit around here and circle-jerk. Everyone knows JGs major shortcoming is that it takes REAL skill and REAL creativity -- too much challenge for geek wannabees without a life who'd rather acquire "skill" by being online 24x7.
Lies are best when they contain a kernel of truth. It takes "REAL skill", but that's about it. Everything else you said is patent nonsense hardly worth debunking and merely proves you're a "REAL skill" fanboi who thinks playing jumpgate "24/7" = "REAL creativity" + "REAL skill" without much more than "circle jerking"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class


Joined: 13 Jun 2002
Posts: 54
Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic wrote:
I'm rather sad about the fact JumpGate developer(s) still have yet to produce the fabled POS factory modx...it's ironic that Eve-online has yet to deliver both research labs and factory slots in it's version of the POS.

I think that SWG showed rather nicely the problems that exist when you allow players to mass produce an almost infinite number of items.
_________________
Jesus saves, the rest of you take 5d20 damage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Razage
Sergeant
Sergeant


Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Posts: 31

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RazorX wrote:
Heretic wrote:
I'm rather sad about the fact JumpGate developer(s) still have yet to produce the fabled POS factory modx...it's ironic that Eve-online has yet to deliver both research labs and factory slots in it's version of the POS.

I think that SWG showed rather nicely the problems that exist when you allow players to mass produce an almost infinite number of items.


I never played SWG long enough to see these problems? What were they?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ambrosius
Squadleader
Squadleader


Joined: 04 Jan 2003
Posts: 23

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heretic wrote:
unimpressed? I don't care if you think i'm the lowest form of life, at least you admitted to being around long enough to know I'm muffy.


I didn't bring it up. It was simply being suggested that I should worship at the altar of Muffy. Seems to me that you worship yourself enough for the both of us.

But you know what, you're right. I really know nothing of gaming compared to you. I never played an MMOG before Jumpgate and haven't done more than some beta testing for E&B, Eve and Planetside since I started playing JG. For me, gaming/JG is a few-hours-a-week diversion.

Clearly for you, it's so much more.

hail
_________________
-- Ambros.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4


Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Posts: 473
Location: Tripoint

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is everything you say, "fluff"? Quit playing games, Ambro. You come on here insulting everyone here and throwing oblique references around and expect us to take you at face value? How about giving some real responses to arguments instead of continuing to reply solely to the 'ad hominems'.

BTW, thanks for admitting you've said fuck all so far. On forums, you are what you say, not what people portray you as. so cough up or s.t.f.u.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class


Joined: 13 Jun 2002
Posts: 54
Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Razage wrote:

I never played SWG long enough to see these problems? What were they?

First and foremost, if your database isn't built to handle it, and the code that makes calls to said database isn't efficient, your whole structure chokes. The great "Melon Nerf" (noobie melons being reduced in number) was an attempt to fix this. The other problem that contributed, was a bug that allowed players to type in 1000 as a quantity to produce, while 100 was the max that the slider for the option allowed. A player with 10 factories could produce 10,000 items every hour. 240,000 a day. Each one a unique item in your already choking database.

Storage in housing was then restricted, to no avail. Finally, decay for items was increased in an effort to keep things managable. All this did was spur the players to produce even MORE, in an effort to stockpile. Sadly, when the fix for the 1000 item production bug/exploit was announced, the crafting community went apeshit, because they felt that since it had always been possible, it was part of the game design. Those fucking monkeys took the entitlement road all the way to keeping the game broken.

Sorry to fuck up a very nice flame war, please continue.
_________________
Jesus saves, the rest of you take 5d20 damage.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4


Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Posts: 473
Location: Tripoint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. sounds like the "matt farm" community beef, redux! lmao
    actually, that brings up a salient point: people's "roleplaying" tends to be restricted to the game engine and neglects a wider scope. i think that could be the biggest hurdle to REAL roleplaying. Uninspired storylines.

    come to speak of it, when was the last breakthrough in 'Conflux' intelligence? do we know more about them since beta, or less? What is there role visa-vis the Amananth? any hints as to their involvement in the great collapse? how about information about the collapse itself? any more backstory for the factions?
You see, i'm very pessimistic when it comes to storyline because i've learnt that the "official" take is merely "OMFG NEXT PATCH RP R000LZ!!!111ELEVEN"

i can say that for pretty much every mmog in existence, up to and including WoW.

puke
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group