UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Highways and Shopping sprees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Highways and Shopping sprees Reply with quote

HOMEWORLD MAP (ingame browser exclusive; includes the highway)

Valentine Keen wrote:
The highways are the gates that link many central systems that are in different regions.

In otherwords, the link from Pator to Yulai goes from the centre of one region to the centre of another, rather than forcing you to travel ten or so jumps to the edge of the region and then into the centre of the next region from the border where they overlap.

They were implemented a month or two after the release of the game and had a dramatic effect on markets - making prices almost uniform across the galaxy because people can travel several regions in only a handful of jumps - something you'd spend hours doing before.

Originally these highways were from central system to central system, with some like Yulai containing links to several others, meaning many highway gates in one place.

Sadly, the growth of the playerbase meant there were far too many players travelling these handful of systems for the servers to cope with. As a result, they recently spread them out a bit, so that 2 or 3 systems next to each other now contain highway gates for a region, rather than one. Kind of a ring-road system.

It adds one or two jumps to a route, but stops the server dying or causing 'stuck' systems.

If you look on a map and show the lines for the gates, you can see the long inter-region ones that make up the highways, due to the ease of travel, these systems make up the backbone of trade in EVE, with many products, escrows, traders etc based in or close to these arterial routes.
Nirat wrote:
Whats the best you've found, I just found one that takes me to 7 different region in only 8 jumps? I'm based in Cleyd so going from Cleyd -> Ahynada I go through 7 regions.

Droidster (edited by muffy for clarity) wrote:
The key systems in EVE form a loop with spokes. They are:

Manarq -- Ourapheh -- Yulai -- Lustrevik -- Pator [MinMatar Prime]
Manarq -- Kemerk -- Niyabainen -- Jita -- Nonni [Caldari Prime]
Manarq -- Kehour -- Ashab -- Amarr [Amarr Prime]
Manarq -- Tar -- Pakhshi -- Renyn -- Algogille -- Luminaire [Gallente Prime]

Yulai-Renyn is the main loop with the spokes as shown. Of course there are many other key routes, especially if you are considering 0.0 space, but the above is main core empire loop.

If you are selling things you want to open up the blue map (F10), and set your display setting to "Number of pilots currently docked and active". Where you see the blobs are the places to sell.

personally, i use hedion as the hub for my window shopping for the Tash, Domain, Kador, Kor-azor markets.
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:54 pm    Post subject: soon to be obsolete map pic Reply with quote

Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sewell wrote:
Niyabainen, Yulai, Nonni - you should be able to find anything you want at decent prices there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: