UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Security Status and Standings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Security Status and Standings Reply with quote

Tomar Lyonsbane wrote:
How is security status actually calculated?

Having attacked someone in 0.4 space I got a 0.5% penalty for aggression and a 2% penalty for destroying a ship (viewed from my Character Sheet).

So, assuming I had a security rating of -0.18 I would expect to have a new rating of:

-0.18 * 1.005 = -0.1809
-0.1809 * 1.02 = -0.185

However, what actually happens is a decrease in rating to approximately -0.43.

At first glance it looks like the 0.5% and 2% penalties are actually security rating subtractions of .05 and .2. I am reluctant to experiment further, and watch my rating plummet, before I can kill 0.0 NPCs to repair the damage.

I would appreciate it if someone could help clarify how it is calculated (both reductions and gains, with and without the "Fast Talk" skill).
i'm guessing that it's similar to the way standing increases/decreases apply to agent mission running.

there's a post around that talks about what security levels negative standings can legally go into without being shot at by concord/sentries...hmmmm

Lallente wrote:
sec.status
-2 = shot by concord in 1.0
-2.5 = in 0.9 and 1.0
-3 = 0.8 etc

And so on, down to 0.4 where concord dont go.
If you have -5, then any PLAYER can shoot you ANYWHERE without concord or Sentries getting involved.

Faction NPCs have nothing to do with sec status, the phenomena you describe occures when your FACTION standing goes too low (for instance, from killing too many Gallente convoys)
News wrote:
Any faction that you have a standing to of less then -5, will send their navy after you when you enter their space. Nothing to worry about though, it's only slightly annoying. Just make sure you don't end up in one of those systems afk in a shuttle [8)]
xOm3gAx wrote:
drones = ebil ebil creations.... *starts mumbling something about podding who ever created them*

they cost me a few ships ;) but not as many as the users lol...

Gate Ganking = just wrong (unless in 0.0 [:twisted:])
Afk Ganking = Ok if its worth the time though its usually not.
Sticking to .4 and lower is a must...

and remember this...

Security status, or lack thereof, can have a big impact on your ability to travel through the EVE universe.

Here is a brief list of your travelling options according to security status:

Players with -1.5 or greater can enter all systems

Players with -2.0 or worse cannot enter 1.0 systems

Players with -2.5 or worse cannot enter 0.9 systems

Players with -3.0 or worse cannot enter 0.8 systems

Players with -3.5 or worse cannot enter 0.7 systems

Players with -4.0 or worse cannot enter 0.6 systems

Players with -4.5 or worse cannot enter 0.5 systems

Once your security status reaches -5 you are considered an outlaw and can be attacked by players anywhere without CONCORD intervention.

Players with negative ratings can fly through all systems in an Escape Pod, as CONCORD are not quite ruthless enough to attack pods, but if your rating is -5.0 or below then you are easy pickings, as anyone can target and destroy your pod without repercussion.
--------
The standings set by the game are indicators of your stature towards NPC entities: agents, corporations and factions. All NPC corporations also have standings between themselves as well as with player corporations.

Your standing with a particular agent affects the quality of his missions. The higher it goes, the more rewarding and less time-consuming your missions will be.
Your standing with a particular corporation currently dictates the availability of its agents to you. A high standing makes the better, higher-level agents want to do business with you.

Your standing with a particular faction (such as the Amarr Empire, the Minmatar Republic, and so on) determines whether entire NPC corporations allied with that faction are available to you. Once it gets high enough, you can access every agent of every such NPC corporation so long as the agent's minimum requirement is lower than your faction standing.
If it gets too low, however, you ruin the risk of being attacked by that faction's Navy, much like low security status can get you in trouble.

Note that if either your corporation or faction standing goes into the negative values, you risk losing all your agents for that corporation or faction - even the ones with whom you have a high personal standing.

Standing against a certain NPC entity can rise when the character does something beneficial for the NPC, and fall when the character does something disruptive to the NPC's interests. For instance, if the character kills an NPC ship belonging to a certain corporation, he will fall in standing with that corporation but rise in standing with the corporation's enemies. This applies not only to corporations but to the Empires as well: Killing an Amarrian ship will lower your Amarr faction standing, but raise your Minmatar faction standing. All standings decay with time.
---------

Now have fun kids and remember big dogs bite back ;) So do be careful not to gank the wrong people as they will have you camped before u know it but other then taht go for the loan indies and such =)

REPAIRING SEC STATUS

Schroni wrote:
thge only "fast" way of gaining security status is by killing 750k battleship npcs. Those give you a 0.4% increase. All other npcs only give something like 0.03% or something else.

Also, if you only want to be able to enter 1.0 systems again you need a security status of <2.0

of course, there's always hoping for a lvl4 combat agent (sec/int.sec./surveill.) inside your low sec zone...

Last edited by Heretic on Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Bounties Reply with quote

Echo 1 wrote:
They need to have a Sec Status lower then -1 to be able to have Bounties on them.

not to mention the fact that bounties are completely separate from sec.status and your ability to shoot people.

And as for collecting? you need to get a pod-kill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: