UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Named gear (Lasers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:05 am    Post subject: Named gear (Lasers) Reply with quote

Well, when you count them out there's about 18 different kinds (and i'm just talking about the small size ones) of laser turrets in the world of Eve. Now, only a few of these are on the market. the rest are named (and can be found as loot or in Escrow)
    The stats for the best of these (the ones worth keeping) are:
  • Gatling Modulated Energy Beam:
    • 1.8dmg;6.7optimal;0.5falloff;1.5activation;0.25track;2.1ROF;3cpu/5pwr
  • Dual Modulated Pulse Energy Beam:
    • 2.4dmg;7.6optimal;1.5falloff;2.1activation;0.22track;2.7ROF;6cpu/6pwr
  • Dual Anode Light Particle Stream:
    • 2.3dmg;10optimal;3falloff;3.3activation;0.13track;3.2ROF;7cpu/11pwr
  • Medium Modal Pulse Laser:
    • 3.3dmg;7.7optimal;2falloff;4activation;0.2track;3.5ROF;13cpu/11pwr
  • Medium Anode Particle Stream:
    • 3.5dmg;11.5optimal;4falloff;6.1activation;0.1track;4ROF;19cpu/16pwr
Now, i've got a bunch of pics of them so you can fiddle around with power/cpu requirements. (sometimes you want lasers but juuuuust can seem to juggle pwr/cpu in fitting dept.)

...unfortunately, sorting through them to make sense of which type is which will take some time.

you can find the full list of named items, here: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=74181

Last edited by Heretic on Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:12 am; edited 2 times in total
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, all the weapon classes; hybrid, laser and projectile are divided into two categories, a short range and a long range catagory. The short range category has better tracking, but very short optimal, the long range guns have crap tracking.

Hybrids are divided into "railguns" for long range, and "Blasters" for short range. Lasers are "beam" for long range, and "pulse" lasers are short range.

Next, all turret modules occur as a standard item you can buy on the market. There are 5 standard "small" lasers: Gattling Pulse Laser, Dual Light Pulse Laser, Med. Pulse Laser, Dual Light Beam Laser, Med. Beam Laser.

These modules can be traded on the market, and manufactured by players.

However, in a similar fashion to fantasy CRPGs, there are "magic" versions of these weapons. In eve theyre called "named" modules. Named modules are improvements on the standard modules, and have different names. The named versions typically use less CPU, and in the case of turrets, do more damage, use less CAP and have greater optimal range. There are a range of named versions, each with the stats increased (typically) by +5%, +10%, +15% and +20%

For lasers, you can recognize the names by looking for the words "Afocal" (+5%), Modal (+10%), "Anode" (+15%) and Modulated is the best, with +20% reduced CPU and CAP usage, increased damage and range over the standard model.

This means there are in fact 25 small lasers, and, for each of the 5 base types, modulated is always the best.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elita wrote:
Quick explanation of named items:

There are four types of many EVE items:

- Basic
- Tech 1
- Named
- Tech 2

Basic (or Civilian) items are very cheap (affordable by newbies), but not terribly effective. For example, a Civilian Gatling Rail comes with your newbie ship (if you're Caldari), but it's not very effective beyond your tutorial missions.

Tech 1 items are your standard Expanded Cargohold I, etc. They are fairly cheap, and more effective than basic items. For example, a 125mm Railgun I is quite affordable, and a good all-around weapon.

Named items are better than Tech 1, but more expensive. There are often several named variants of each type. For example, 125mm Carbide, Scout, and Compressed Coil Railguns give you better range, damage, etc. than a Tech 1 railgun, but are more expensive.

Tech 2 items are usually better and more expensive than named items. They also usually require higher skills to use. For example, a 125mm Railgun II is better than a 125mm Compressed Coil gun, but is very expensive, and requires Gunnery level 5, among other skills.

Ther other difference is where these modules come from. Tech 1 and 2 items are player-produced, from blueprints. Named items are dropped by NPCs. Regardless of who produces them, though, the prices are determined by the player-driven market. The rarer (and better) an item, the higher the price.

Hope this helps.
MuffyBot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Official item database Reply with quote

most important bit is to look at the lower right of the page and see "variations". helps IMMENSELY figuring out what that thingamajiggyis. The list below is only for Frigate and Destroyer class modules. i figure anything larger is superfluous since you'd better not be a n00b flying a cruiser+ and if you are i'm not gonna bother helping a munchkin.

SMALL ENERGY TURRETS
Dual Light Beam Laser I
Medium Beam Laser I
Dual Light Pulse Laser I
Gatling Pulse Laser I
Medium Pulse Laser I

SMALL HYBRID TURRETS
125mm railgun I
150mm railgun I
75mm gatling railgun I
light ion blaster i
light electron blaster i
light neutron blaster i

SMALL PROJECTILE TURRETS
125mm gatling autocannon I
150mm light autocannon I
200mm autocannon I
250mm light artillery cannon I
280mm howitzer artillery I

MISSILE LAUNCHERS
assault missile launcher I
rocket launcher I
standard missile launcher I
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: