UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Agents & Missions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Agents & Missions Reply with quote

K, i'm doing a study to see the proportion of mission types each class of agent gives out (ie. their division in the company) plus what kind of base mission cash reward is given (dunno about item bonuses)
    i've noticed a teeny bit of randomness. an odd mining mission for security agents, plus a slight variation in cash rewards for identical missions
Now then, i've discovered that i can cram through dozens of missions using the "decline" option using a n00b character -- kited out in a lvl3 frigate to spoof the 'n00b alarm' mission exception pool.

I've also done some homework using this agent tool to find all the level1/quality0 agents closest to me from each corporate division there is. I've got that list stuffed into one of my character's waypoints folder and am running around pissing them off one by one (they stop offering at -2.0 standing)
    the agent transaction index hidden away in the character window's 'standing' screen - use right click on agents
I've noticed important missions don't affect your personal standing with an agent - only the corporation. (normal missions impact the corp slightly)

obviously, i'm still doing r&d

got a few screenshots of what i've gotten so far:
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Connections is the most important skill for agent mission runners. Train this up to at least level 3 before starting serious agent work, as it will allow you immediate access to low quality level 2 agents!
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahm...but they are difficult for n00b players. what do they do in the meantime? mine & npc hunt?
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all agents are kill agents. Actually, if you start with Frigate IV, level 2 missions are mostly an issue of cash, not skill - assuming you can equip a MWD :)
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm...At 200k a pop, connections skill isn't cheap by any means. not to mention it's a charisma based skill which most folk have low priority for. Though i do admit it's REALLY helpful for getting agents to like you.

Besides, at low levels i've found mission running to be more profitable than mining (since you lack major muscle for mining plus hauling the collected loot with an indy)
    I'm working on seeing what missions are the best, which you can decline and which to let expire. not to mention which sector gives the best location for being near decent agents (when you have low social/connections/negotiation)
oh well, i still need to do testing to see if you can have a low level miner and profit compared to running missions...except i've got ALOT of research ahead of me. Will be fun for an 'Explorer' type like me just to muddle around experimenting.

you know, the biggest thing that pissed me off about JumpGate was that i couldn't muddle around as a n00b experimenting because of the fucking spawn craziness. (see, in eve i can get someone to help me RIGHT AWAY kiting me out so i can sit and mine and defend myself against 'rats)
    that and the decent cargo holds of n00b ships really aren't that much less than what i can boost too quickly. They really dropped the ball on those two things...i couldn't stand jumpgate when i went back to try the new economy out because of the n00b unfriendly environment.
*muffy hears the veterans whine about silver spoons*
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAILING A MISSION
okay, here's the definitive answer:

i took a social4 character fresh off the shelf and did a number of missions for a ZERO quality level 1 agent (i had no connection nor negotiation rank). i chose (from random) the hydrogen courier mission as my test.

mission value for declined -0.416%; for offer expiration -0.208%; for completion was 0.624%; for failure (telling the agent to stuff it) -0.468%
    pretty sure failure through expiration of time gives the same penalty as telling the agent to stick it.
Anyways, your character's social skill affects the value in a positive way - pretty sure (will test to confirm) - That's what i found out. okay, so a level0 social character declining the same mission gets -0.520%

Guess i'm going to play around with this hydrogen battery stuff for a bit more with another character. I'll have to wait till tommorrow to do that.

As for corporate standing increases you can see this absolutely cool thread here that has the equation. if you want to test it. here's two pics
image of missions run from 1st initial to the one just before the important one
the important mission run

Last edited by Heretic on Mon Dec 27, 2004 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agent Compatibility (either faction or corporate standing towards your character)

Level 1 q 0 = 0.00
Level 2 q 0 = 2.00
Level 3 q 0 = 4.00
Level 4 q 0 = 6.00
add to that the Base Agent Quality * 0.05
    i was able to chat to my agent for a bit while i was in negative standings...dunno why yet
Which implies that lvl5 characters will need a corporate/faction effective standing of approx 7-9...whenever they get enabled, but since PapaSmurf said agent standing decay will never come back, you'll eventually get there.

Connections skill enhances a n00b's effective standing by quite a large margin (once a n00b has done at least one mission for said corporation/faction)
    it's quite expensive though, at ~200k isk to purchase the skillbook...worth it though if you've got help from a corp outfitting you with gear enough to take on tougher missions
Though, remember that completing the n00b tutorial agents missions rewards you with a substantial faction standing.

Negotiations skill enhances the effective quality which helps modify rewards (remember that only BASE quality is used when determining agent compatibility)
GM Abraxas wrote:
Connections has an effect on your agent's Effective Quality, but not nearly as much as Negotiations does. Train the latter if you want to improve the agents you currently have. The formula is like this: Effective Quality = Base Quality + (5*Level of Negotiation) + Effective Standing. The effects of Connections on your Effective Standing is noted above.

Papa Smurf wrote:
Anyhow, to talk to any agent except a tutorial agent or a research agent, your effectivestanding must be:

((level-1) * 2.0) + (quality * 5.0)/100.0

Your effective standing is your standing number, modified by any appropriate skills. The appropriate skills are Connections, Criminal Connections, and Diplomacy, each of which will give you a 4% bonus per skill level if they are appropriate. See below for info about added a bonus % to a standing number. Connections kicks in if your npc corp->char standing is positive. Criminal Connections kicks in if the agent is a criminal. Diplomacy kicks in if your npc corp->char standing is negative. These skills do not stack.

So which standing number is it? Whichever of these is best for you: npc faction->char, npc corp->char, agent->char.

Then there's an exception case, the research agents. Because of their immense worth, and to limit the impact of a myriad of old standing system bugs in Castor, they not only require the aforementioned criteria to be met, but also require you to have an effective corp standing of ((level-2) * 2.0) + (quality * 5.0)/100.0.

Tutorial agents shouldn't have any special requirements.

So how to add bonuses like above?

When standings are being modified by X%, it's not X% of your current value, it's X% of the distance left to max out. So if f.ex. you have 2.0 in standing, a 10% increase is not 0.2 which would take you to 2.2. It's 10% of (10.0 - 2.0), or 0.8, which would take you to 2.8. What this means is that the higher your standing number, the slower it grows. A 9.9 standing is thus unbelievably much better than a 9.8 standing, when compared to f.ex. the diff between 0.0 and 0.1.

Likewise, when you're losing standings, except the max there is -10.0. Thus if you are at +10.0 (theorhetically impossible), and you get a 1% standing loss, it'll carry you down to -9.8. Real bad news, compared to if you were at 0.0 or -9.0.

That's the gist of it.

Now here's some parts I'm not going to tell you the formulas for:

The amount of corp and faction standing gained when working for a particular agent is based on the agent's level and quality, in addition to varying from mission to mission. We base the standing effect of missions on average time required to do that mission as perceived in the DB. As these numbers are still mostly obsolete Gemini numbers, it doesn't make 100% sense, but will improve when we rebalance things.

The speed you gain standings with a corp or faction varies with the size of the corp/faction.

Note: there is a very useful mostly hidden feature in the UI for standings. Right click a standing entry, select show transactions, and be enlightened.

Standings decay at a rate of 5% per week. This is not calculated using the standing formula above, it's just a plain standing = standing * 0.95. So it's hard as heck to stay at the top of the standings pyramid.

The Social and Fast Talk skills apply when gaining/losing standings. Fast Talk applies when losing sec rating in space. Social applies when gaining standings via agents.

You can lose corp standing by killing NPCs in space.

You can gain/lose corp and personal standing by doing agent missions. By failing, declining, or quitting a mission you can lose the same standings. Some missions are 'important', and give faction standing as well. Most missions don't. (Important missions are a hack as far as I'm concerned. They exist only as a late added feature due to the massive load caused by the standing system on the DB. We'll do something better in Shiva, I'd expect.).

All of the above apply to npc faction->char, npc corp->char, and agent->char standings. There are also npc faction->player corp, npc corp->player corp, and agent->player corp standings. They follow the same rules as *->char standings, and are modified simultaneously when your *->char standings are being modified. So if you f.ex. want your corp to be loved by the Amarr Empire, make sure your corp members aren't killing the Royal Amarr Navy off in space, and that they do missions for Amarr Empire corps.

The speed of standing loss/gain of player corps varies with player corp size, making larger corps have to do more actions to gain or lose standings. It's not a perfect realtime estimate, but it should do the trick.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: post exodus release Reply with quote

Muffy wrote:
Juneau Daley wrote:
I have 1.08 standing to my faction (Gallente)
and i have been running missions for Inner Zone Shipping (standing 0.23) with one of the security agents her Quality is 3 (standing 1.92)

Am i best finding a different level 1 agent with as high a quality as i can find as long as there of a Gallente corp??

kinda figured it would be a security agent. nice going. unfortunately, The corp has crappy agents. Before Exodus/Shiva i would have recommended it because it's an extremely small corp and your standings increase for the corp is, compared to other corp standing increases, the best. (modifier for small corps)
    faster you raise standings and get a better agents in that corp, the quicker you WOULD have gotten an implant
it's all changed now. don't know exactly how. Anyways, the point is your 1.08 faction standing will allow you to pick ANY lvl1 Gallente agent regardless of standing. You'd also get away with being able to chat up -20 quality lvl2 gallente agents.

http://eve.hidden-agenda.co.uk/burp.html my favorite agent lister is dead, atm. Your best bet is to look up nearby corporate info panels while inflight, goto their 'agent' menu and right click on any 'available' agent and set destination - do that for all the agents so you get a readout on your HUD how far away they are.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shinca wrote:
It works the way it works but at least now you can decline a mission every four hours or so without losing standings. Just enable the warnign message and you will be informed if you try to decline another mission before the 4 hours passed. Just be sure you check the journal since I found a few times I recieved offers without actualy talking to the agent. And if an offer times out, you do lose standings.

And btw, when you have high standings you have to do a lot of missions to gain what you lose from just one, since all the % changes are calculated from your current position to either +10 for increase or -10 for decrease. So if you are at 9.0, you will lose 19 times as much as you will gain for the same type of mission.
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daolin wrote:
anyone who has actively tried to actually complete some specific offers knows that you need to run multipe agents simultaneously, and keep them at different fixed levels of LP.

Take +3 implants for example:

The implant offer itself requires 10.000 LP. That means if you want an implant, and reach that amount of LP with your agent, you need to stop doing missions for that agent, and switch to another.

Furthermore, for a +3 implant you need 500 high-tech goods. 125 high-tech goods are available for 2500 LP, so you need at least four more agents, which you raise to exactly 2500 LP.

I'm currently juggling 7 different agents. I already have received two +3 implants and a faction frig, so I dare to say that I'm somewhat successful [8)]
But if LP were collected corp wise that wouldn't have been as easy. While I have enough faction standings that I could in theory have each agent from a different corp, it is hugely convenient that I can have different agents from the same corp, who are often located in the same solar system or even the same station.

Are those few offer emails (which can easily be ignored) so terrible that you need to turn the whole LP system upside down?

I agree that there could be an option to have agents stop sending mails if you don't visit them, or better, tell the agent that you don't want any more offers from him which forfeits the LP you have with him, but please let the LP stay per agent.
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lynx wrote:
ABOUT STANDINGS:

The Agent checks 3 standings:
his personal standing to you
his corporations standing to you
his factions standing to you

The Agent requires a minimum standing of either personal, corp or faction (only the last is relevant to a n00b.) At the agent information tab you can check that requirement.

Doing missions raises his personal standing to you, and raises his corporations standing to you. Every once in a while you'll get an important mission wich raises his factions standing to you. So you dont have to stick with one agent, you can as well stick with one corp and still raise ur standings quickly (but you might not want to ... read more about that in "Quality"-chapter.)

Another way to raise standings are skills. To raise a positive standing, train connections (a social skill) - helps ALOT.
    assuming you've completed the starter missions, from your first agent,
    you should have 1.0 faction standings. Each level of connections raises this by 0.36 standing ...do not that the skill formula is a bit complex, but we'll leave that for another chapter
If you decline 2 missions within about 4 hours, you'll loose personal and corp standings. If you fail a mission, you'll also loose personal and corp standings. If you attack NPCs you'll loose standings to that faction.

ABOUT QUALITY:

Standing-increases per mission is influenced by the agents quality (and so is mission reward/loyalty points.) The higher it is, the more standing you'll get. The agents quality isnt fixed though and can be increased (=effective standing): for each point in his personal standing, he will get 1 point quality increase (Thats why you dont want to change an agent too often). For each level in negotiation skill you'll get 5 points in quality.
    the way i assume it works is a straight percentage penalty or boost to any agent reward
So if you want to go to the next level agents, you'll be there a little bit faster using higher quality agents (but never forget, that ur current agent may have a huge quality bonus already due to his personal standing).

ABOUT LOYALTY POINTS:

Beside the usual payment, an agent gives you loyalty points upon mission-completion. Once in a while those agents will send you an offer via eve-mail where you can spend ur loyalty points. Those offers get better the more loyalty points you got accumulated. All Agents can offer you all kinds of items on loyalty-offers; so there's no need to switch an agent because you're not happy with what he offers. In the beginning you might also get lots of loyalty-offers about contraband - just decline them if you dont feel up to smuggling. If you decline those offers or let them run out you will not be penalized.

LP-rewards arent static either, but are influenced by the agents level, the agents quality (not confirmed) and the security rating of his solar system.

Hope that helped a bit,
enjoy runing missions
[:D]
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Droidster wrote:
For level 2 forget about loyalty points because the offers are worthless. Your main concern should be increasing your faction/corporate standing as quickly as possible so you can start doing level 3 missions.

The agent quality is more or less meaningless as well except as a restriction on your ability to use them.

For this reason your best station is one that has more than one level 2 agent so you can do multiple missions simultaneously. For courier missions especially this can be a big time saver becuase they will often send you to the same place or at least in the same direction allowing you to get a lower average mission time.

Another factor is whether the station is at a dead end. In this case you will always get sent in the same direction.

MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scerenity wrote:
I've currently been playing for ~9 months - have 11mil SP, most of which is in combat-orientated skills, but not all. Now, I currently have a bit of spare playing time atm and was thinking about starting to do missions. I did them in the past a bit, only just past the starter agents etc. Now, I'd like to know a few things;

+ I'd like an agent with eve-wide location services. Is a lvl3+ Surveillance agent the only one that can do this?
+ Do faction ships and items only come from R&D agents? If not, who else?

R&D
+ Do I have to train an immense amount of extra skills to be able to use an R&D agent at all (a level3/4 agent)?
+ How long (skill training) would it take to be able use them at all?
+ Is it even worth using R&D agents and hoping to get something decent with the amount of people now in the lottery?
+ How long would it take to get to a decent lvl3/lvl4 agent with and without Connections?
+ I'd like to work for an Amarr agent just for the Amarr ships\items. Any advice on which corporation to start with?

Cheers for any help in advance, and i'll probably add more questions as they get answered ..
Daolin wrote:
Omg, Scerenity is turning to missions

Surveillance agents are not the only ones with locator services, some other divisions like Marketing have them too. You should be able to see which agents have location services in the agent info.

Faction ships come from all agents (of those factions that do have faction ships).

To access a R&D agent you need the skill for the corresponding research field, at the agent's level. Those skills usually require two base skills at level 5, for example High Energy Physics requires Science V and Engineering V.
If you want to use more than one R&D agent at the same time, you alsoneed Research Project Management, which needs Research V and Lab Operation V.

To the lottery: It's a lottery.
You might get something cool, but don't count on it.

No idea how long you need to unlock level 3 or 4 right now. It's been getting harder with the Exodus release, because important missions usually don't give standings to your corp. Should be doable in 1-2 weeks of concentrated mission running, though.

If you are interested in R&D, you should start with a corp that has a R&D division, for Amarr that would be Carthum Conglomerate or Viziam. Alternatively, work for a corp with a Security division first (like Amarr Navy), because kill missions should get your standings up fastest. I wouldn't recomment working for Amarr, though, they are scum
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LEVEL 4 AGENTS
Caldorous wrote:
Faster ThanJesus wrote:
If i was to pick a middle ground, I'd say in the region of 5-10mil per hour.

Best missions for loads of ISK generally include:
Mordus
Gone Beserk
Assault
Blockade

If you're good, you could maybe get around 20mil total rewards per hour getting these missions all the time (with a chance of officer spawns improving that total) and they all contain lots of battleships, which means getting some good loot is a little more likely

Against this, you've got missions like [Pirate Faction] Spies, Duo of Death, The Thief and a few others, where you're likely to be down around a couple of mil per hour doing these missions.

Then there is stuff like Pirate Extravaganza, Vengance and Silence the Informant that can drop huge amounts of ISK over a longer period. If you can avoid warping out then you can get the most ISK from these missions but you need to avoid wasting time warping out and flying around in deadspace a lot.

Today, f. ex. I made about 80 mil from around 7hrs play (not including loot) but I did get lucky with two extravaganza missions (no uber loot from the bonus level though [:(])

Lvl 4's give lot more isk, but are not so fun to play, only mass destruction and sniping, not like the lvl 3 ones where you can do a funny blaster rush [)]

I dont get anymore standard pirate stravaganza missions, all stravaganza missions that i get are the pirate faction ones and those really give bounty with an average number of 15 bs, 5 of them with bountys higher than 1 mil and one of 2,5 mil, the loot is not uber though (although once i managed to get a 25% cargo expander [8)]). Another great rewarding missions are Drone harrassment, infested ruins and pirate slaughter, dont forget to get the loot of the drone missions and some serious ammounts of zydrine will appear in your hangar [)]

MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brej Donierik wrote:
Show Info on the station where your last agent was, or on your last agent. Next to the agent's portrait, there should be a logo of their corporation. Click on it to open the Corporation's properties page. Next to the corporation logo, there should be a logo of the State the corporation belongs to (Caldari, most likely, for you). Click on it to open the Caldari State properties page.

For the Caldari State, there should be a Member Corporations tab, that lists all the Caldari corporations. Also shown here. Scroll down and pick one that is into combat, like the Caldari Navy, or anything with police, security, etc. in its description. Click on it, and go to the Agents tab, and you'll get a listing of all the agents in the Caldari Navy, sorted by whether they're available to you or not.

For those not available, you can "show info" and it will tell you, "This agent will talk to you once you have xxx standing with the corporation."

Pick the best quality one that's in a nice system, go to the station where he is, and say hi. After doing a number of missions, check the list of agents for Caldari Navy (or whatever corp you picked) again to see if any higher level agents are now available.

Alternately, you can choose to work for a research firm like Lai Dai, so that eventually when they really really like you, you can take advantage of some of their research agents. Not sure if Lai Dai specifically has a Command, or Security division, but if they do, the agents in those divisions will generally give out combat missions, even if the corp isn't a military corporation.

So you can have the best of both worlds.

I don't know what you plan on doing with factions, but generally agent missions result in faction increases and decreases. Caldari State will love you, Gallente will hate you. Or some such. Showing info on the State itself should reveal a tab which lists their relationship with the other Empires. If you plan on maintaining a balanced reputation, you may want to placate the others by doing missions for one of their member corporations now and then. Just enough so you don't go below -2 (at which point their sentry guns actually start shooting you in high sec areas).

The Social skills help with factions by giving you straight boosts. It is, for example, possible to have a negative standing boosted to positive values, so you can avoid some of the repercussions of doing too many missions for Caldari, for example. Or, with another skill under that category, you can boost your default newbie standing of 1.0 with Caldari (which you got when you did the trainer missions) to 2+, thus giving you access to level 2 Caldari agents across the board.

MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack McFarlane wrote:
The best tip I was given was about agents. If you go to the map, then display settings then stars, you can select "Agents".

Now, when you hover the mouse over a system, it will list all of the agents that are willing to talk to you.
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cmdr Sy wrote:
This has come up in the mission forum a couple of times this week, so here is a quick guide for newbie mission runners...

The relationship between required standing and agent level/quality is easy to grasp.

Either corp or faction standing is taken into account, whichever is highest.

0.00 standing allows you to access Level 1 Quality 0 agents. From here each successive 0.05 standing increment adds one quality point to what you can access.

So 0.95 standing gives access to I+19 agents and 1.05 to II-19 agents.

It progresses as follows:

0.00 -> I+0
2.00 -> II+0
4.00 -> III+0
6.00 -> IV+0
8.00 -> V+0 (Level V agents are appearing at stations but are not available to anyone yet)
9.95 -> VI-1 (Level 6 Quality -1 is the theoretical maximum under the current system)

Thus for example, it is immediately obvious that a IV-12 agent requires +5.40 corp or faction standing.

It is quite possible that L5s when they come out, will also require you to possess a certain faction standing in addition to corp standing.

Naturally you can look up the agent tab of any NPC corp and check out to which agents you already have access, and what the requirements are for the ones you cannot yet access. But having an intuitive understanding of how the system works may save you a lot of fiddling with People and Places.
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily Spankratchet wrote:
As I understand it, the referral after completing the post-tutorial sequence of storyline missions no longer works. It's a hang-over from the old agent/important mission system. If you do note down the name of the third agent you will discover that having slogged your way across the galaxy you can't persuade them to talk to you.

So, what to do now? Well, if you're wanting to do agent missions you need to choose a corporation. Many people go to their faction navy straight away and start grinding to get to level 4 agents, lots of loyalty points and a nice faction ship offer. Some people want to get R&D agents and so find an appropriate R&D corp to gain standing with. If you're not quite decided yet, you can continue to do missions for your starting corp - the university schools, for example, can give nice skill books as mission bonus rewards.
MuffyBot™

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emily Spankratchet wrote:
n00b wrote:
I started in the Republic Military School but when it came to agent running the only ones available in that corp are adviser agents which i assume give kill missions rarely.

So i started running missions for security agents in the Republic Fleet. The only problem though is that when i get a storyline mission the related faction standing bonus usually doesn't apply to the Republic Fleet. I assume it applies to the Republic Military School instead, though I've not checked this.

I thought that maybe if i joined the Republic Fleet then my storyline missions would be with them, including the standing bonus. The only problem with this is that my application is automatically rejected. A little google'ing leads me to believe that it was once impossible to join an NPC corp other than the one you originally started in. Is this still the case?

Am i missing something here or can i just ignore storyline missions? Assuming it only drops my Republic Military School standing which seems, in my opinion, worthless anyway due to the lack of any kill agents.

My Republic Fleet standing is currently 2.69 (modified from 1.30 due to Connections 4) if that is relevant.
I think you're getting confused between factions and NPC corporations. A faction is a loose-knit association of individual corporations, usually on racial grounds. The Republic Fleet is part of a general Minmatar faction with includes other Minmatar NPC corps.

When you do missions for an NPC corp, you get standing increases with the agent you do them for and their corporation. Note that you don't have to be a member of that corp to do missions for their agents. After 16 or so missions you get your storyline mission. This is (randomly, I think) chosen to be from a corporation that is in the faction you have been working for - so it won't necessarily be for the Republic Fleet, even if you're working for them. The storyline mission raises your standing with the whole faction, which has a trickle-down effect in raising your effective standing with all the corporations in that faction. It may also, depending on the nature of the mission, lower your standing with rival factions (such as the Amarr Empire).

Generally speaking, storyline missions are a good thing. They often give good rewards - such as implants - and they raise your faction standing, allowing you to work for more agents in other faction corporations. They may not be so good if you don't want to polarise your faction standings too much - do too many and the Amarr, Caldari or whoever may end up hating you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (Eve-Online) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: