UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum Reply with quote

Muffy wrote:
SQL Error : 1020 Record has changed since last read in table
    URL: http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/index.php
    Template(s) used: subSilver (default)
    Any and all MODs: nada; a few cosmetics done years ago
    Do you use a port of phpBB: 80
    Version of phpBB: 2.0.4 (multiple attempts at 2.0.11 upgrade; see below)
    Version of PHP: 4.3.9
    Which database server and version: what? i don't see that in phpinfo.php!
    Host: http://www.oesm.org
    Did someone install this for you/who: yes, DLinkOZ
    Is this an upgrade/from what to what: 2.0.4 --> 2.0.11
    Is this a conversion/from what to what: n/a
    Have you searched for your problem: polite answer: i wouldn't be using THIS template if i hadn't
    If so, what terms did you try: pretty much tried every combination. nada answers, only questions.
    State the nature of your problem: serious, see the below image.
    Do you have a test account for us: sure, do you want my user/pass?
Drexion wrote:
How exactly did you upgrade ? Using the changed files package ? Did you run the update script after uploading the files in the changed files package ?
Backup all the files and the database before upgrading.
If you have no MODs installed,
Download the changed files package from the downloads page.
Extract this package's contents to your hard disk.
Extract the zip file contents which is relevant for your board version (ex. if its from 2.0.4, then 2.0.4_to_2.0.11.zip) to your hard disk, and upload those files, and the 'install' folder into the root forum folder directory.(overwriting files)
Point your browser to the ../install/update_to_2011.php
Delete the 'install' and 'contrib' directories.
DLinkOZ followed those steps pretty much exactly.

I get this error randomly and almost contantly whenever i'm logged in.

The only way i can get around it is to delete temp internet files, close ALL IE windows and wait a bit.

I'm not sure but maybe 2.0.11 doesn't like cable modem ISPs like shaw cable that hop proxies?? Anyways, is there some chart that tells me what "1020" error is caused by?

DLinkOZ wrote:
Mysql version 4.1.7. I don't see any problems with posting that, and .htaccess is an Apache thing, IIS won't use it so no biggee not having it.

I checked the application event log, and saw a lot of errors for your board's sessions table, so I've done a little housekeeping on the database. I'll do a bit more in the background as well.

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=6748

There's our problem. They state it's fixed in 4.1.8, so I'll do an upgrade and we'll see if it goes away.

*Edit*
Just craptacular... 4.1.8 isn't released yet. 4.1.7 is still the stable build...

A workaround I found was to change the table type on the phpbb_sessions table to myisam instead of heap. The downside, it's not as fast as it requires a disk write for session data whereas heap is stored strictly in memory. Upside? I don't believe either of our boards generate enough traffic to be impacted by this whatsoever. I've upgraded mine and it seems ok so far. Let me know if you'd like to try this as well. Btw, I did a manual copy of all the db data files about 20 minutes ago, so I can offer a very recent backup should anything go awry.
JumpDemon
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an error with mysql 4.17. Either upgrade or change your session table to myisam. Another fix is to get more people on the site as it only happens when there is a single session in the heap table. :D

Edit: I see you allready figured it out. heh lol
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes. DLinkOZ is a very helpful dude, our sys op.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Website/Forum Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: