UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Requiem for an Ammatar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Requiem for an Ammatar Reply with quote

forward

I write for the EVE Guardian sometimes. Anyway, my RL Mate RP'd an ammatar. Not easy. Whatever. Turns out 90% of Minmatar are penile warts. this is my rant titled requiem for an ammatar. I'll post all subsequent postings as well

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I find this papers crusade against the freedom fighters most perplexing, if somewhat amusing.

Pulgor, the poor Ammatar, im approaching feeling sorry for him.
Khaldorn Murino
FU2

Alright time to come clean. I hate most of the minmatar. This hatred is not in character. I wholeheartedly out of game hate each and every one of you degenerates. EVE Guardian isn't biased. I am. And the hatred grows every day.

Disclaimer
The following people need not read beyond this point. This does not apply to you and I wish you the best in all your endeavors:
The Mute
Clan Raven
Randuin Maral
Wren(RIP)
Hakera
Maggot
Shar Tegral

And why do you ask? Well let me count the ways.

1) No sense of humour. They take themselves far too seriously. Mostly. A few display an ability to laugh. Most, when confrionted with a joke foam at the mouth, and commense convulsions, screaming "Die amarr scum!! die!!!"
(Hyperbole intentional)

2)Self importance.
You are noty the focus of the game. You are insignificant. You are a minority of a minority of a minority. Shut up already. Seems to me most Minmatar feel they are the main character in a shooter, out to 'save' the galaxy.

3)Speaking of which, the minmatar fucked up bigtime. They had the opportunity to be like the rebels in Star Wars™. Instead they end up like the Taliban. How did they do it? Well simply put, they acted like bad guys and said 'Ends justify the means'. This manifests in several ways. First, they are an invasion force, no way around it. They aim to defeat the Amarr empire. However People feel for defenders. People commiserate with defenders. People like defenders. You are agressors.

3a) On the forums this is most evident. If you at all show any text that might be construed as differing or even if if your race id is listed as amarr, regardless of your KNOWN sympathies, you are jumped upon. The above quote is an example. Which leads to 4...

4)Minmatar have the literary skills of a 5 year old on a bottle of vodka. Board warrioring is one thing. I'm quite the board whore. But I'm good at it. You aren't
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graelyn posted

err...I won't comment on a lot of this stuff....

But, in the matter of point 3, I have to elaborate. The aim of any GOOD villian is to make the Hero look good. This is not possible as an Amarr. Villians always provoke the Hero, trying to turn them to the 'dark side'. The Amarr did that successfully to the Minnies long ago. They have no moral high ground to hold onto anymore.

I have been quite pained to see other minmitaar start to chastize the freedom fighters, but I can totally see why. The actions and methods used by Freedom Fighters does reflect upon the Minmitaar as a whole, and now the Whole are starting to resent that reputation.

Take for example, a cop who fights the evil mob that rules the city. That cop must do his damndest to clean up his town. He busts the bad guys and brings them to justice.

In this case, the cop is too far gone. He guns down people in the street who are shady looking. He has stopped looking for justice, opting for revenge.

But how can you change this approach? What alternative is there?

Keep in mind, as the 'heroes' in this story, the Minnies do not require victory to look good. If the Amarr commit some dastardly deed, it is our job to stand over the aftermath cackling evilly. Sometime the good cop has to watch angrily as he releases a known killer. Sometimes that killer, while being released, turns right back to the cop and laughs in his face. This does NOT make the cop weak! It stengthens his resolve.

I'd like to point out an EVE-Wide phenomenon: No defeats.

No RPer posts about thier losses. No one posts about the wounded Lieutenant they had to tearfully leave behind on a burning ship. No one writes about a panicked retreat. No one speaks of the frustration of a character who has lost men under thier command and felt powerless to stop thier deaths.

A Hero is NOT the guy who wins all the time. A hero is someone who pays a horrible price to help the innocent. The Minnies pay this price everyday, but you wouldn't know it by reading thier posts. The Freedom Fighters of the Usra'kahn are outnumbered, outgunned, outequipped, and friendless. Sympathy for your cause should be overflowing, but it is not, and this is why.
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote

WAsn't done, but here is the rest

4(Continued)...So kindly, shut the hell up.

5)Comprehension
You want to play the RP game. This means that you have to interact with people. Interacting with people means dynamically reacting. ie : a person plays a character who freed his slave and subsequently married her and fled to minmatar space. He is not the enemy. You don't seem to get it. Not every person is the same, or deserve the same responses. Which leads me to my final point...

6)You are all the same. The entire minmatar nation, save those mentioned in the disclaimer, share the creative capacity of a gnat with down syndrome. Were i to put a strip of black tape down the left side of my screen and find a way to remove signatures, i could not tell the difference between you. Were i able to remove the date, i would not be able to tell when it was written. I've been playing for almost a year now, and fuck all has changed in your RP. FAces have changed, but the noise is the same.

What is the point of this you ask? Well, Pulgor finally got sick of trying to rp through your morass of shit. So he quit. He asked me to pass on a message.

"You achieved your goal, I quit. But you still lose. Playing on the same server as the minmatar makes me dry heave every time I think about it"

So, I wish you all the very worst in life. Please die.

Sincerely,
Your buddy Bhurak.

bhurak@eveguardian.net
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shar tegral wrote

As Chief Editor I am obligated to remind you:

"Becareful what you write, I might publish it."
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote
hmm, well I'll have to fix the spelling errors. as well perhaps a note at the bottom. Something like

EVE Guardian normally doesn't condone such writing. However, "reliable" sources have indicated that no freedom fighters read this. So we cannot offend anyone

Or something like that.

Bhurak
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shar tegral wrote

Bhurak wrote:
4(Continued)...So kindly, shut the hell up.

I do expect an apology for this part. Anyone who argues with you here is invited with the same priviledges, and respect, that you are invested with. While I know you say such things with love some of the other people don't.

Bah, here I am asking people to play nice. But that's what it is. Graelyn may have jumped in a touch early but you failed to say [to be continued] after any fashion. The commentary was thus invited by your failure to notate or complete.

So be a chum.
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote
the 4(continued) was a completion of the sentence
it wasn't telling graelyn to shut up, it was telling all minnies everywhere to shutup.

So, no apology necessary

Bhurak
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komishches wrote

Well, thank you arsehole, for pointing out to me my lack of literary skill. Very much appreciated. (re: point 4)

*Some* of us have noticed the uh, rather stale state of the whole Minmatar <> Amarr "war" type thing. What the hell am I meant to be able to do about it? I've only got the whole Alliance and Khaldorn Murino to write against. Not a hard task at all. Evil or Very Mad

Anyway, in relation to point 3, some of us still have a code of honour that we live by. Some of us don't engage in pointless, crappy, RP-based one-sided arguments about how bad the amarr are, or what they did last week. The only time I ever arc up is when some poncy-arsed pirate bitch decides to interrupt my mining, and blow up my friends. I tell you, *that* topic got a few pages of comments in the Crime & Punishment section.

Anyway, it's not like the amarr are doing anything for the genre. "Oh, the Minmatar Terrorists attacked us and killed our innocent civilians" - innocent civilians my foot. Aren't Minmatar civilians innocent too? Supposedly not.

Well, enough angry ranting. I have an Industrial Corp to run. You know, the ones that make stuff?

P.S.
Live with it, or leave.
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komisches wrote

Typical. Bloody typical.

I come up with this beautifully worded reply - in my opinion - to your dastardly accusations, and you don't even bother to reply.
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote

I was going to be polite and not respond, but you insist

Quote:

Komisches wrote:
Well, thank you arsehole, for pointing out to me my lack of literary skill. Very much appreciated. (re: point 4)

My pleasure. I find it is always the duty of the advantaged to provide instruction to those in need.
Quote:

Komisches wrote:

*Some* of us have noticed the uh, rather stale state of the whole Minmatar <> Amarr "war" type thing. What the hell am I meant to be able to do about it? I've only got the whole Alliance and Khaldorn Murino to write against. Not a hard task at all. Evil or Very Mad

Stupidity is indeed a mighty foe to face down. I would suggest actually distancing yourself from it or *gasp*, growing some sack and coming up with an original idea. Not that that is likely to happen. All the creativity left with pulgor, Wren and Randuin. And Ashe seems to be keeping a low profile as of late.
Quote:

Komisches wrote:

Anyway, in relation to point 3, some of us still have a code of honour that we live by. Some of us don't engage in pointless, crappy, RP-based one-sided arguments about how bad the amarr are, or what they did last week. The only time I ever arc up is when some poncy-arsed pirate bitch decides to interrupt my mining, and blow up my friends. I tell you, *that* topic got a few pages of comments in the Crime & Punishment section.

I seem to remember some khumaak reward coming from MBB....
Quote:

Komisches wrote:

Anyway, it's not like the amarr are doing anything for the genre. "Oh, the Minmatar Terrorists attacked us and killed our innocent civilians" - innocent civilians my foot. Aren't Minmatar civilians innocent too? Supposedly not.

You fail to see that the minmatar struck first in game reckoning. The amarr are bascially fighting a defensive war, as the emperor has not declared that the reclaiming is at hand. Even more damning to this is the fact that the only victories it seems your race of orangutans is capable of is against unarmed industrail convoys. Thousands dead with no consequences. Fear the mighty minmatar...
Quote:

Komisches wrote:

Well, enough angry ranting. I have an Industrial Corp to run. You know, the ones that make stuff?

I've always found it heartwarming that even the lowest of retards can glue macaroni to a piece of cardboard.
Quote:

Komisches wrote:

P.S.
Live with it, or leave.

Don't think I haven't thought about it.

Tata

Your buddy Bhurak
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graelyn wrote

At least Pulgor did what he did with class.

None of that to be found here.
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote

I'm not trying to be classy here, dipshit. I felt that would be obvious.

As for pulgor's class, most of this was written with his input. He really does go into dry heaves. Turns out we both hate the minmatar with the fire of a galaxy of stars. I merely put to words what we were both feeling. You don't have to like it. I'm not asking you to. In fact it's better you don't. There are enough of us as is.

I've tried being polite. I've tried being classy. I've tried being subtle. I attended RP summits. I've made helpful suggestions. I've even helped write unique RP with a few friends, that cratered becasue unimaginitive penile warts that seem to make up 90% of the RP community can't think beyond slaves and "freedom".

You ever had that feeling you were pushing a stone up a hill, and at the top, some large individual with an extra chromosome on the 18th pair would kick it down to the bottom and you along with it? Likely not. that would take creativity. Something seriously lacking in the RP community. or most of it.

I expected at least some further insight for you graelyn, but i suppose i can't expect much from anyone who purports to be a roleplayer here anymore.

Drown in your own fecal imaginatiosn. I'll be drinkng a beer.

Bhurak
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyshitmotherfuckercanyouatleastexplaintousunwashedmasses
whetheryoumeantobeincharacterwhenyoutalkaboutthePLAYER
andnotthecharactersWTF

quick booby break!!!

Last edited by Heretic on Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhurak
Command Staff
Command Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boobies are good.

This is ooc
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: