UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JumpGate soundtrack FAQ

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: JumpGate soundtrack FAQ Reply with quote

I PREFER WINAMP3. THE BELOW IS BASED ON THAT PREMISE

okay folks, the default soundtracks are okay. i listened to them enough and i've only got one complaint: you get a massive lag everytime the ingame m3u (playlist) switches tracks. It's positively dangerous while docking and other stuff.

I've chatted with BaadF00d who mentioned that all you have to do to disable the music files is simply delete the "music" folder in your jumpgate directory. (no need to delete any playlists)
    winamp is a nice program that's totally free and works just fine with JumpGate. fiddling with playlists and stuff is pretty easy once you've got it down pat...each faction has it's own playlist. this ingame playlist is "random" but i've also found it selects the first song on the playlist more often than not (jumping into a new sector resets the playlist), so i advise against making large ingame playlists since you'll never hear song #9 etc unless you artifact hunt or anything that keeps you in a single sector for an extended period of time.
I'll talk about how to customize playlists now, because you can also edit the ingame playlists using winamp if you're not inclined to delete the "music" folder. (actually, it's kinda nice using the ingame playlists because it will enable you to play "themed" playlists) Even if you delete the music folder, the instructions will keep you in good stead customizing winamp

1. Open your winamp program.
  2. Toggle the playlist editor on (Illustration)
  3. Add whatever song file you wish (Illustration)
  4. Once you've finished adding songs to that playlist, save it (Illustration)
Now that's done, let's talk about recommended songs to play...A really nice site for Sci-Fi mood music is located here: http://www.ampcast.com and the jumpgate players have posted a nice thread about songs to listen to here: ND forum ACTIVE thread (old). Plus newer threads here, here, here and here. (funny little ditty for comic relief is here)

WINAMP3 default skin

Hellish boring, isn't it? Recommended winamp3 skins are listed below (.wal extension means it needs winamp3; and if you download while winamp is running it'll do it automatically)
YaXaY3 - by Willfisher Naamloos (8 seconds load)
Cannes - by Karl Kwansy (10 seconds load)
OHE3 - by Karl Kwansy (8 seconds load)
Ovalamp - by Jared Kole (6 seconds load)
Scythe - by Jared Kole (13 seconds load)
ZDL-ANALOG - by Mike Zee (10 seconds load)

If you like the old sk00l winamp2, then i have the perfect skin for you. Doesn't look like they carry it anymore so.....
zeus anoxia

As for other stuff? well, i found a nice bunch of tracks in Gamespot's top 10 game soundtracks. (insane download speed) Mechwarrior2 tracks, Starcontrol tracks, TotalAnnihilation tracks...besides, there's always www.kazaa.com to use. I recommend downloading the Homeworld soundtracks, especially "adagio for strings" (the homeworld version)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USENET wrote:
You might also want to try the freeware kX Project WDM drivers instead of
the (buggy, bus-hogging) Creative drivers

"The kX Audio Driver is an independent WDM (Windows Driver Model) driver for all EMU10K1 and EMU10K2-based soundcards manufactured by Creative Technology Ltd. and/or E-mu Systems Inc., including the SoundBlaster Live! series, the E-mu Audio Production Studio (APS) card, and the Audigy series of cards."
http://kxproject.spb.ru/index.php

I've been using the 11/09/2002 Beta release since it came out. It solved all my sound crackling/soundblaster bus-hog problems, and has been completely stable in every game or audio application I've used since then. I'm very impressed. System: XP Pro, P4 2.4GHz, GeForce 4 4200, 512MB RAM

You can uninstall the kX drivers and roll back to the Creative ones without
any problems, if you discover it's not your cup of tea for some reason.

For you people who wonder why the flying hell i troll USENET, there's your answer.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vorlon31 wrote:
ingame music
I want to have station sounds, but not the inspace background music, can I just delete the space mp3's?

I would go and just try but last time I messed with the sounds I lost them all???

:?:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forums.jossh.com/showthread.php?&threadid=17796
blackrhino made up some new sounds for replacing the soundeffects during flight.
RazorsKiss
Corporal
Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

;)

See anything in the FAQ I need to update muffy?

Sylvester found me a super cool total manual from over on the EU server, which I'm going to update.

That's my next project, I think.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno. haven't the foggiest yet. I've got so many fucking FAQs and haven't played the game in...uh...*scratches head* 7 months? wow. (and that was just the EU server...haven't played on US for 19 months.)
    *boggle*
I don't have the time i used to have, so i doubt i'll be doing any major projects nor trolling forums much. Would be neat to get a second monitor though. HAR!
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: FTP transfer complete from mindphyre to razorskiss Reply with quote

wtg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: