UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

JGWebTracker Looks Great

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 7:55 pm    Post subject: JGWebTracker Looks Great Reply with quote

Quote:
From the '3rd Party Software' department, posted by Excelsior on 2001-12-01 11:07:09 (adjusted).

I noticed that v1.3 of the JGWebTracker server had been released. So I decided to see what improvements there were. Let me say that 1.3 is excellent. So excellent, that I decided to run a 24/7 server so you may poll from me rather than from the JOSSH page.

Make sure that after you set up, change to US Server in the Server Menu. Then OPTIONS/UPDATE METHODS/USE A JGWT SERVER and OPTIONS/SERVER OPTIONS/(input IP Number and port)

My server IP is 24.169.181.11 on port 9119(default port) and polls JOSSH for updates every two minutes.

Download the client from http://www.slopey.com

GREAT JOB Slopey and MrFlump! This is the replacement for the old JGTracker! Bhruic is surely missed by all!
~Slopey

Well, thanks for the kind words! I'm sure Slopey will be happy as well when he gets a chance to read them!

There is a new version of the server coming out in the next day or so, I just need to get some extra things added in to it and tidy up some of my code. (It now counts the number of people connected correctly :smile: )

All, please note that there myself and Slopey are hosting an EU server at 194.105.172.116 (Port 9119)

Also, there is a list of servers running listed at http://www.mrflump.com

I suppose I'd better point out that MrFlump is my other internet name from playing Worms:Armageddon and WWP :smile:
~West

Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Jun 13, 2002 6:16 am; edited 2 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi guy,

I tried installing your JGWT (and Paths... that yours too?), but somehow it is not working. It says it needs to replace outdated files, which I let it do. Then it says it needs to reboot, which I do. When my system is back, the directory where I ran the Setup.exe is just the same as before (i.e., setup.exe and the .cab and setup.lst). What am I doing or missing? Note that if I run it again, again it says my files are out of date. I'm using Win98 on this PC.

TIA -- Mike

@ Max - if youre getting the error installing then that's due to the Microsoft Runtimes (which are a pain). Try downloading the Runtimes from Microsoft or download.com and then after installing, re-run the Tracker setup.

Cheers,
~Slopey

Also, there's a sweet tax equation discovery here: Tax equation discovered?

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
MadCat
President
President

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem I've found with WebTracker is that the Trucker utility crashes when I try to use it, something about a VB6 overflow
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted feedback about your problem, mc (we should get an answer in the next few days)

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most recent VB6 files
Download.com's file section for visual basic 6
(same file)

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-03-28 21:04 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TRI pilot Slopey just sent in the following story:

The Tracker and the Server are now updated to reflect the addition of the InSight and Displacer. EU users should note that they arent listed in the text files yet so will be shown as stock 0 everywhere.

All EU & US pilots running a server should upgrade immediately to Server version 2.0.1

All pilots using the Tracker need to download version 1.41 to connect to the new servers. Not too much new in the version:

- Fixed the nasty wininet.dll problems :/
- Added the InSight and Displacer
- Updated the station distances table to fill in the blanks

BTW, my XP laptop killed itself a few days ago so whoever it was who emailed me with their new US Server address - please do so again! (if you run a server, mail me an Ill list you on slopey.com). Also, who suggested the Ship config thing? (And ColinR - Ive added your total mass column to the BPC - see version 1.5 wink

As usual the files are availiable on http://www.slopey.com (or wormsmart.clanpages.com/jumpgate - Wests Mirror.) NB: BT Internet FTP is down so Ive hosted it on geocities for the moment, my apologies for the banner.

BTW - Im looking for a list of artifacts so I can add a checklist into the tracker - anyone got a complete one? (Hint Hint, ND, MG Staff??? *cough*)

Cheers,
Dunk

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-05-30 15:57 ]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2002 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread [reference0044]
Slopey announces version 1.5!

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread [reference0045]
Slopey announced off-PJG forum site in anticipation of Gossip's exidus

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2002 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Slopey"]Hi All

Quote:
Originally posted by Slopey
JGWebTracker 1.54 Release!!

Also NEW SERVER RELEASE - if you are running a server please upgrade NOW! ;)

You can get both from http://www.slopey.com

If you just need the EXE then you can get it from the link at the bottom of this post...

Hi All,

Due to the copious amounts of alchol consumed over the last few days, here is a maintenance release for the Tracker ;) This adds/fixes the following functionality...

Bug Fixes:
* Commodity components are now correct (as per US JOSSH)
* Fiancier has been added
* Squad Center now uses the .de pages for EU as the english ones are hosed
* Fixed a bug which gave an error on the Trucker Classic
* All Commodities are now displayed on the initial load
* CSV Export from the Squad Center now works properly

New Stuff:
* Added HOME and END key macros - you can now have 36 Custom Key Macros!!
* The Squad center now shows Online & Honour Guard Pilots (online are highlighted in Blue, HG have an Icon)
* The BPC now includes "Any Sol", "Any Oct", "Any Quant" and "Any Unreg" selections for those hard to find inter-faction cargo runs. Idea submitted by Rich (dunno his pilot name!) Thx!

There we go. Over the next few weeks, I'll be working on the Palm Pilot and WinCE versions of the tracker - and also Tracker 2.0 which will be a major upgrade to coincide (probably) with Episode 2. Also jumpgatenetwork.com will be closing and reopening as your one-stop economy source for JG :)

As always, comments and suggestions (and if youre that way inclined, a few thou credits ;) ) to slopey@slopey.com.
Sorry bout the recent rash of upgrades, but sometimes nothing goes right!!
http://www.btinternet.com/~slopey77/Slopey/WebTrackerExeOnly.zip
Any problems, mail me at slopey@slopey.com

Cheers,
Slopey
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread [reference0046]
Slopey wrote:

Yup, Tracker Update time again! We're at 1.55!
Download it from http://www.slopey.com
v1.55 includes....

Ship Database:
all the stats and where to get it in a sortable list.

Economy Status:
Into doing Cargo Faction missions? Youre gonna love this... The Econ Status module shows you *ALL* the commodities in the Universe!! It tells you whats in stock, how many are in each factions space, and the levels on every station. Right Click on the commodity to see how you make it and where it's made, right-click on a faction column to see the current stocks in those faction stations! Great for seeing whose got what!!

Also, BPC tax entry is fixed. Finder Subscript error is fixed. And the Tracker now prompts you to update if you havent before using modules which need the info Also added a % complete for the JOSSH file download so you can see that it's coming and how long to go

Note that when using the Econonmy status, if youre on a modem it takes a minute to update the database initially.

As usual, bug reports and suggestions to Slopey@slopey.com

Cheers,
Slopey
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hathor wrote:
where can i find a MSI program for WIN XP.

When i downloaded JGwebtracker to a win xp computer it won't let me install it, i need a msi reader or installer, where can i get this?
Anguish wrote:
An .msi file is a Microsoft Installer file. You should be able to simply double-click on it to start the install, or Right-Click, Install. No additional files should be required, as WinXP ship with Installer 2.0 already afaik.
Hathor wrote:
it doesn't
Anguish wrote:
Well, you should try: a} re-downloading the file to verify you didn't get a truncated file, b} checking out support.microsoft.com for information on "microsoft installer fail" type issues.

Give me a little more info; do you get "install" on the right-click menu? Do you have administrative perms on your XP box? Can you install any other .msi packages? (You can probably just search google to find some other anything that is packaged as an .msi)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EP2 RELEASE (EP2 FAQ)
JumpDemon wrote:
JGWebtracker will be updated soon(tm). JumpgateWeb is updated but the inventory.txt on JOSSH is not showing the new items yet. All the trackers at -=MACK=- Station are gone since my host disapeered. Efforts are underway to rebuild. Frag has an updated tracker as well as Ackers put one up. These existing threads should help you.

http://forums.jossh.com/showthread.php?threadid=14632

http://forums.jossh.com/showthread.php?threadid=14601
Slopey wrote:
Updated Tracker
Im working on updating the tracker at the moment - should be out in the early part of next week (barring RL issues).

In it will be all the new commods/equipment/stuff as usual plus the Squad Management Module which some of you may/may not have played with before.

Its also setup to download information from a POS registry. As this isnt working (as yet) from JOSSH there'll be an additional update to cover this in time.

I also have provision for a POS registry at slopey.com but its not running yet as I'd prefer to use the ND/MG ones which obviously are updated directly from the game. Should this prove popular we'll also integrate this into the tracker server so that a "map" of availiable public published pos's is availiable in the tracker.

If anyone has some last minute features they'd like added to the tracker - drop me a mail at slopey@slopey.com and I'll see if I can add them in before the next release (or for the POS maintenance release).

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slopey wrote:
Hi All,

JGWebTracker 1.60 is now availiable for your edification and enjoyment. Get it from www.slopey.com

Important notes for this release are:

* Full POS Support BUT until JOSSH is fixed the EU POS will be blank. Look at US Server to see what youre missing.

* NO TrackerServer support in 1.60+. Its too much work at present, if people really really need it we'll put it back in. For now, use Web updating.

Also added Squad Manager and Economy Rules Modules.

Read the Readme.rtf in the installation directory please.

Any bugs, send em to me at slopey@slopey.com

Theres bound to be a few but I thought I'd get it out in the open (a la ND) and catch em later as I dont have time for testing right now :)

Known issues:
* New ship info isnt in yet - didnt have time
* POS File loader reports 24% complete instead of 100%. Dont worry - it does work - it just gets the numbers wrong! ;)

And remember and uninstall 1.55 first if youre using that then install 1.6 :)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slopey wrote:
Ok, If youre having wininet.dll problems on Win98SE, you'll need to download and replace the wininet.dll in windows/system32 with the one from here Then delete the tracker installation you downloaded earlier and get the new one from here And that should be it again. Any problems, email me and I'll get em sorted asap.
Nellie
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be noted as excellent as Webtracker is as tracking stuff(tm) its lists of materials needed to make a given item are not 100% correct (without having had much time to check the new version yet, I can only quote Purgatories off the top of my head as an example).

I would suggest that when trying to determine what commodities are needed to make a given item that you cross reference with Timksi's Shipper Widget.

(aaaagh, I hate being critical of something that is otherwise excellent I can spend an afternoon just watching Webtracker update following the ebb and flow of commodities, fascinating stuff).[/url]
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this from personal experience with attempting to construct things, or going by what JOSSH says? (sorry, needed to ask that. you might know your source, but i can't)
    and what makes you think critiquing something ruins the <insert enjoyment>? are you surprised you can still have fun with something you've just critiqued? *g* pop goes another black&white stereotype, eh?
la la. actually, to tell you the truth the only 3rd party program i've used consistently is JGpaths. period
Nellie
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personal experience? yes, couldn't tell you what it was (may well have been purgs, but I do recall other items do not have the correct raw materials listed correctly). I dont tend to use JOSSH, it is far too cumbersome. Unless you *know* that what you have in your hold is the correct materials to make item <y>, on EU at least I would double check using Timskis Shipper widget (
http://www.capsu.org/jumpgate if there is a mistake in there I have yet to find it and it is also a lot simpler to track backwards if you find a tier 2 isnt available and want to know what it needs.

Quote:
and what makes you think critiquing something ruins the <insert enjoyment>? are you surprised you can still have fun with something you've just critiqued? *g* pop goes another black&white stereotype, eh?

Nope I just find Slopey a rather agreeable chap, think that webtracker is a fabby tool at tracking commods (and all the other gubbins it can be used for), just dont trust its materials list if I cant remember what a given item requires. Not to mention its been written for the enjoyment of all for no personal gain etc etc. And given my contribution to JG is trolling the forums I just dont like criticising tools of this nature if I dont have to. :D
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah, but if you love the tool and use it, don't you think that feedback is the highest flattery? (specifically constructive feedback, though "weeeee" makes one feel pretty good too)
    but i'll take constructive criticism any day of the week over "weeeeee" *g* that's the stuff that puts hair on yer chest. even one laced with "colourful idioms" and references to my ancestry. *giggles like schoolgirl*
Nellie
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but I'd rather do it in a mail or an irc chat or something than sit in "public" doing it. *shrugs* no harm done Slopeys not stormed into the forums shouting "you slagged off my baby, you bastard!" and its a minor quibble compared to all the things it *is* excellent at (squad manangement for example in 1.60 is superb).
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slopey wrote:
JGWebTracker update - added Proxy support & SQM changes
Hi All,

A new version (still 1.60 though) of the tracker is ready for your edification and enjoyment (definately dll issue free this time )

New stuff:

* Added Proxy Support - enter serverip and port and proxxxyyy baby! (format is serveriport ie myproxy.com:1234 or 127.0.0.1:81) - See Options -> Proxy Options.

* (User Request): Reworked the Squad Manager to allow User Sortable columns
The Column order is saved when closing the form. You can also now sort the data in the columns. Column width is coming soon (couldnt get it to work atm).

* Export to CSV added for information in the Right hand pane of the SQM, so you can do analysis/storage in an external app if necess.

Fixed Stuff:

Lists - Size & Access Sorting Fixed
Lists - POS Size/Access now separate list columns
BPC - Fixed Subscript '9' Error in BPC (I think!)
Lists - Added DSS1 to 4, Poor to Perfect Arties
Items - Corrected the Solrain Stout missile requirement
Items - Corrected a miss typed Engine Arti

As always, please download from slopey.com and uninstall the first one - IMPORTANT - if you are using the SQM please ENSURE you copy all your snapshots out of the tracker directory before un-installing - copy them back when you've installed the new version (they have a .dat extension).

Any problems, bugs, feature requests, please get in touch at slopey@slopey.com

Future development:

At the moment, next up will be -
- More POS information, possibly a quick and simple "Upkeep" manager so you know how much your POS will cost ya.
- More SQM additions including relative stat graphing
- Adding the stats of the EP2 ships - I'll definately try and do that shortly.

Anyways, thats it for now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: