UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A gradual introduction of Contraband.

 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:45 pm    Post subject: A gradual introduction of Contraband. Reply with quote

_Nellie wrote:
You want to trade water, grain, food, sol stout, lumber, textiles, heck I'll even overlook any tier 1 commod, then fine. But it really gets my goat when I spend frickin ages sorting out something that is in short supply, leave behind a surplus "for the greater good" just to find some cretin has lugged it to the back end of beyond because it pays a stupid amount of cash/exp compared to lugging it somewhere sensible. You cant leave a fuel cell or a magnetic or bloody anything sat on a station for 2 bloody minutes. You could at leasthave the decency to lug all the heavy cheap shit and make some more for fuck's sake. Fix the F**Kin missions.
GymCee wrote:
The nature of trading to unreg stations is a bit FUBAR to say the least. I don’t know what tools exist in this department, I’ve been told by OPs and GMs messing with station backup storage is a problem, I assume this goes for prices too.

Ideally the out of stock and in stock prices for unreg stations should be narrowed for most commodities, particularly for high level commods for which there are no manufacturing facilities to use them. Also missions to unreg should be limited to a certain number of “believable RP wise” commods like food water grain armour ammo etc. With luck by lowering the potential BPC runs to unreg stations less useful commods will end up languishing there. There should still be good exp and revenue for doing cargo runs taking “believable” commods tounreg stations.
Of course if pirate tools are introduced it might make sense if they are built at unreg stations.

On a general note, I’m confident it has been mentioned before but producing stations should have a different price differential to demanding stations for commods so distinct trade routes set up. Demanding stations could have a wider price range to emulate the surplus or starvation of a commod , in surplus the price might be lower than on a producing station (who wont sell below cost price) and in starvation a high price to incentivise taking the commod there. Of course station back up stocks should smooth out the demand somewhat and make exploitation harder (as it does at the moment).
MajorFreak wrote:
i totally agree on this entire damned thread. good job, everyone!
    btw, while were all happy and spouting suggestions, can i make one that'll please the unreggers? it's staged too, to gradually introduce this concept. ND could do one change per patch
  1. introduce one contraband item that's produced at GBS
  2. increase the profitability to regulated stations
  3. increase the profitability above that of Matterconvertors
  4. change the scanning code a bit so that folks caught with contraband get a temp bounty in reg. space
  5. introduce more contraband items, and even allow lower profit contraband to be produced at other unreg stations like EE, LL and KH
  6. code peace and goodwill for all mankind
is that cool? am i good or what? who's yer daddy!?









offtopic the below reply was posted before i saw op-toast's "you weren't a TP, stfu" troll post here (much later on after a flame war broke out in that MG forum thread). see the brown coloured bit after i get through with his previous troll post for my reaction to toasty's followup
MajorFreak wrote:
  1. i'm the cynic?
  2. i thought i said it depended on popular support.
  3. i don't talk about myself using the royal "we"
  4. your use of "any faster" is spindoctor code for "period"
  5. i'm a cynic?
  6. #6. explain to me where i talk about "community consensus = netdevil reacts" constitutes cynicism
  7. #"7" go figure. you're the cynic here, not me, and by even responding like you speak for the officials is all fine and dandy, but to use it to slam down an idea that's gaining popular support? (i'd say the fact more than one person agreed publically with me to be amazing)
  8. like i said before. stop. teaching. me. how. to. suck. eggs.
OP-Toast wrote:
  1. Yes
  2. It had popular support in the [spaceweed] instance I'm talking about...
  3. Where I'm discussing a group of more than one person I believe I'm entitled to use plurals
  4. My use of "any faster" is "english code" for "the developer we discussed it with agrees it's a good idea but can't do it right now due to, for example, fixing all the damn bugs first"
  5. See above
  6. "i don't for a second believe they'd actually come out and say the truth". In my experience they're usually reasonably forthcoming in this kind of thing. Maybe you're just asking the wrong questions. Or asking the right questions in a way that makes them want to smack you. *shrug*
  7. I'm not speaking "for" anyone, I'm just relaying information I recieve in a "public information service" kinda way. It did also occur to me that "database solutions" to this kinda problem don't just "materialise" - they take lots of coding work. Coding work that could be spent elsewhere doing things which are (arguably) more beneficial to the game.
  8. Oh, and don't flatter yourself by thinking that people are agreeing with "your" idea - "illegal commods" as a suggestion has been around since the year dot and is reinvented every few months
  1. i tend to think of myself as a cynical romantic and not some nietzchean conspiracy nut you portray me as by saying "yes" to my question.
  2. when i say popular support, i mean POPULAR SUPPORT, not some test pilot roster that the fanboi/wynars believe represents the community's best interests (or even comprehends the possibility they don't even remotely represent it's power of 'popular support')
  3. you selfish git. i was replying to your last reply and not your "space weed" post.
  4. now you're tripping over yourself. Now you're implying you're applying a general statement of "bugs" to be "database problems" instead of specific problems *with contraband) commods. (that's not a question, btw. don't treat it as such like you usually do)
  5. ah...at least i'm not getting caught in my own cleverness.
  6. was not answered at all.
  7. again. there you go tripping over yourself. You've just conceded the point i was making and coopted it into your own point? Please go back and read your very first reply to me, and put it into context with the list i posted. You flat out said not even a "little" contraband was possible for a <insert vague later than soon> -- try to explain why by linking "database problems" to the specific issue of commods -- AND THEN TWIST IT INTO "WE CAN'T BE ARSED"!?!?! Where do you get off flat out telling me after wishy-washy trolling (ie. wasting my time and hoping i'd stfu) that popular support is doomed to have any affect and call me a cynic? not once, not twice but multiple times in this thread?
  8. ah yes, it's the ad hominem time isn't it? the "drown muffy in archives" tactic like you tried with that "flashlights were super important and really really cool feature everyone wanted sufficiently that it was prioritized" rant you had with me? I really couldn't be arsed to argue that point, because i couldn't care less about "flashlights"

    offtopic: i still can't believe you actually tried to tell me "flashlights so you could see emma coming" garnered more support than stuff like contraband. lol
I'm sick of you hiding behind that OP tag. I think you never should have been accepted as a moderator because you're willfully ignorant and selfishly stubborn. You, unlike me, cannot ever concede a point because you never bloody base it on solid argument. You dance around flinging stuff you do not understand but pass off as whatever you feel like to mean at the time, changing your stance moment by moment because your "facts" and "arguments" are merely opinions. opinions, i might add, are highly mutable to semantic games.

noone. i mean noone has ever tried the "gradual implementation" as an explicit stance, but merely as an afterthought. i do believe "my" suggestion is unique in that "my" list takes that privateer "pleasure borg" idea one step closer to popular support on a level sufficient to garner a rank high on the "to do list".
    and you're telling me that ND will have time to deal with all the wishlist stuff after "the bugs" are fixed? LOL! you git! you've forgotten, in your lies, that a MMOG never gets rid of it's bugs. it's always in development.
PART TWO
hi. this is the bit where i laugh out loud over OP-Toast's "discovery" that i didn't get into the test program (apparently it's something he implies i bothered applying to)
    getting it from the horses mouth? i'd say more like getting it up the rear from the other part of the horse's anatomy and trying to beat down the rest of the fanboi/wynar's trying to make sure stuff like nix/phoon/tens supremacy lasts, /give exploit stays in place, inhibitor chip stays dead, "farming" exploit justifies all the other exploits, and a host of other flame wars.

    questions? ah yes, those lovely group hug sessions where you try to one up yourselves asking "what's new!" "wassssssssssup!" to the devs on the F5:help...ooops...F5:1337pilot channel.
oh right, i forgot you didn't realize i get TP roster 't00d any day of the week by heading into F5:help (EU server being F5:eng cause i don't speak Deutsche)

geee...i don't need to guess. it's revealed in all it's horrible glory to me in "help" booth


edit: added the quotes at the top and then came back and put the thread into more understandable bulleted lists, finally came back and did cosmetic typo stuff


Last edited by MajorFreak on Sat Mar 29, 2003 6:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

muffy wrote:
at least i'm trying to explain to this stubborn git my thoughts instead of "dross"
OP-Toast wrote:
Muffy, you're not _explaining_ anything. You're just presenting viewpoints.


Toast, we're not explaining anything. we're just presenting viewpoints.


that is, we started doing this "after" i'd posted an argument with things i figured were facts. seeing as how a few people agreed i wasn't talking out my arse i gathered the facts presented in my argument/suggestion list would hold up to critique.

what i didn't expect was this conceptual leap between "netdevil saying it's a database issue (ie. bugs)" and "netdevil says contraband/commods aren't priority" with a conclusion of "what netdevil says goes" based on an assumption that the TP program represented the community and didn't have any agenda at all. no sir. (And that Test Pilot actually stands for "Feedback Representative")


EDIT: removed an edit that toast replied to before i'd hit "apply edit"
BTW, what the fuck is wrong with OP-Toast? his reply makes no bloody sense when you place it next to what he replied to. In fact, if you do the math, Toast's basically saying my "thoughts" are "dross" period


Last edited by MajorFreak on Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
OP-Toast
Offical GM
Offical GM


Joined: 30 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever occur to you it's posts like that which are the _reason_ that a) post people in the TP program would quit if you were accepted and b) that no-one pays that much attention to your posts, regardless of how good the content?

As to "conceeding a point", don't make me laugh. You've never to my knowledge actually come out and said "I was wrong". Oh wait, you did with the flux/newbies thing. To Spawn's post. Which was a rehash of an arguement I'd put forward earlier and dismissed as irrational.


Look at yourself in the mirror. I've seen you do stuff here, on your own forums, that you've flamed me for as "trolling". Just get over yourself, and maybe one day people will take you seriously...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OP-Toast
Offical GM
Offical GM


Joined: 30 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak wrote:

that is, we started doing this "after" i'd posted an argument with things i figured were facts.


You "figured were facts". As in, based on conjecture? Clearly, when I state things which are word of mouth it's trolling. But you're not a troll so you're safe from that one, right?

Quote:
what i didn't expect was this conceptual leap between "netdevil saying it's a database issue (ie. bugs)" and "netdevil says contraband/commods aren't priority"


Did I say contraband wasn't a priority? Or did I say, um, "it's a great idea but we're not getting _any_ new commods for quite a while I'm told."? Or was it "ND said no, database problems meant we weren't getting any new commods for a while"? Or maybe it was "the problems inherent in adding new commods at this time made it unfeasible to do so now or at any time in the immediate future. ". So many quotes to choose from... and all oddly saying the same thing.

Quote:
with a conclusion of "what netdevil says goes"

Um, yes, as it happens. ND code the game, we don't. If ND says "we're going to add pink hippos as a new ship type, and that's final", we get pink hippos.

Quote:
based on an assumption that the TP program represented the community

In its entireity, no. As a reasonable cross-section, I think it's reasonably sound.

Quote:
and didn't have any agenda at all. no sir

ACtually on that point you're wrong - we all formed a secret "no contraband" cabal with the express purpose of spreading disinformation designed to repress any thoughts of adding contraband to the game. Seriously, was there a point in this bit?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't you have the fucking decency to allow someone to post a reply in order? nevermind, i don't suppose common and decency count in your case, mr. OPerator. Anyways, where were we? oh yes. this is in three parts, the first was created before i saw toast's second post here. please assume i haven't read Toast's 2nd reply when you read the first bit. Part two is where i concentrate on that spliced to hell and back 2nd post. (part3 will go increasingly offtopic into complete flame war. feel free to skip that bit. i left it to the end. please don't feel free to reply to that alone. it's bad form to ignore my "informative & inciteful" points and stick to flaming my "dross")
    part4 is an attempt to get things back on topic by replying to Slopey's latest "dross" with something i hate doing. posting quotes in order with emphasis on the point so that i can get a reality check so i know i'm not insane.


PART ONE
What the fuck is wrong with you? Your reply makes no bloody sense when one places it next to what you replied to. In fact, if one does the math, you're basically saying my "thoughts" are "dross" period


that was the edit of my last post. now then, let's get back to where you twist my words on the fly and ignore the relevant bits. Let's get back to the point where if i cut my words down to the bare essentials you exploit that to talk about stuff i left out. Let's get back to where you claim i don't actually say "i'm wrong" but start coopting the other point of view.

yeah. let's get back to that n00b/flux bit where i quote Spawn32 and not yourself and give him all the credit. let's get back to the bit where i said i was "wrong" about that?

LET'S GET BACK TO THE BIT WHERE YOU JUST SAID "ADMIT WRONG" = "CONCEDE POINT"

PART TWO
MajorFreak wrote:
  1. that is, we started doing this "after" i'd posted an argument with things i figured were facts.
  2. what i didn't expect was this conceptual leap between "netdevil saying it's a database issue (ie. bugs)" and "netdevil says contraband/commods aren't priority"
  3. with a conclusion of "what netdevil says goes"
  4. based on an assumption that the TP program represented the community
  5. and didn't have any agenda at all. no sir
OP-Toast wrote:
  1. You "figured were facts". As in, based on conjecture? Clearly, when I state things which are word of mouth it's trolling. But you're not a troll so you're safe from that one, right?
  2. Did I say contraband wasn't a priority? Or did I say, um, "it's a great idea but we're not getting _any_ new commods for quite a while I'm told."? Or was it "ND said no, database problems meant we weren't getting any new commods for a while"? Or maybe it was "the problems inherent in adding new commods at this time made it unfeasible to do so now or at any time in the immediate future. ". So many quotes to choose from... and all oddly saying the same thing.
  3. Um, yes, as it happens. ND code the game, we don't. If ND says "we're going to add pink hippos as a new ship type, and that's final", we get pink hippos.
  4. In its entireity, no. As a reasonable cross-section, I think it's reasonably sound.
  5. Actually on that point you're wrong - we all formed a secret "no contraband" cabal with the express purpose of spreading disinformation designed to repress any thoughts of adding contraband to the game. Seriously, was there a point in this bit?
  1. my suggestion was a list. it doesn't appear i've gotten any critique other than you "homie don't play that game" smartass reply from ND that you passed on to me thinking it etched in stone. actually, i find it hilarious you're arguing with me over me telling you that popular support can make things happen and you're flaming me with "BECAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!"??
    lmao
  2. hellooooooo...mcfly! *knock*knock* I was using simple words and you're playing semantic tiddlywinks? Yes, to answer your question, you DID say contraband wasn't a priority in your first post in that thread. What? are you gonna try "muffy using strawman tactic on poor wittle me?" Give it a rest. 9 out of 10 spindoctors recommend preparationH for dumbfucks like j00.
  3. okay, you just took that right out of context. That is why i consider this *snip*snip*snip* quote smorgasborg to be the utter lowest form of trolling. (i'm not even going to critique this beyond that point; in future you'll not attempt this behavior again, capiche? I have forum rules clearly posted. you will obey them. you can plead ignorance/confusion and i'll forgive, but bloody well don't expect to get away with it again with a "poor dumb beek flipper" act.)
  4. "reasonably sound"? what the FUCK is with the counter-counter-semantic-clarification gig we seem to be conducting? You didn't correct my misunderstanding, you neatly twisted my words into making me sound like a said "TP program is the entire community". WHAT. THE. FUCK.
  5. the point, mr."muffy si conspiracy nut" is that those keenest to get into the TP program didn't realize the rest of the community damn well knew the loudest and most vocal proponents of the "eat your cake and have it too" (exploit) crowd were gonna crash the party...in other words, i added that to make painfully clear that it needed adding because i needed to make abundantly clear to anyone who reads your "why you post this flame?" to know you've got no damned idea your "reasonable crosssection" is in no way even remotely "reaonably sound" to a far thee well.




PART THREE; appendix
Let's see now. in your first post here you claimed that 'admit wrong' = 'concede ground/point' over what occurred in a single thread -- On a topic, i might add is not only close to my heart but also one i've never considered myself in the wrong. (where do you get off telling lies? I've admitted wrong, but not on that subject. yielded the field to someone more eloquent at the time than i was, sure, but to use that as the closest example of me admitting i was in the wrong?)
WTF
    What's worse, is you implied i've never admitted wrong. you told a black lie. That, sir, is enough to get you banned from pretty much any forum i know of.
In your second post you claimed that 'Good Idea' = 'Priority' and therefore the denotation of a "good idea" is relevant to the stupid flame war at hand? (ie. you just tried to talk about "good idea" as our new theme in this flame war/troll orgy. that's dumb, okay? I don't preach to the choir. that's bent.)
    read your own fucking post in context to what you replied to. There is no way in hell i'm accepting the opinion that you were clarifying anything. You lied. Not only that you started making up different versions of your original post like i would respond differently to each spindoctored tidbit you hurl at me in total spite? it's called trying to engage in counter-counter-semantic-clarification. go read up on the forum posting rules about that one, mate.
In your first post you said the obvious as though it was some stunning revelation. In your other posts you tried implying that "spaceweed" was not possible because of database problems with commods, then you went on to twist that into "general bugs prevents commod additions being priority" -- which was HALF the point i was trying to explain to you (the obvious part) -- but you've medusa-ized NetDevil's statement, the other HALF of my point, like a good little fanboi/wynar you are. (the part you don't get. duh. "stunning revelation" my ass**)
    sue me for libel, pal. i'd go read up on the definition of it before you yell at me for "strawman" tactics. Just because you haven't a clue how clueless (more like cluerepellant) you are is no defense against being a fucking moron in need of a cluebat.
one other thing. i find it highly disgusting and bad form not even to attempt to reply to my first post here. I'm not here for your amusement, especially where you refuse to wipe the shit off your shoes when you enter my thread, nevermind the fact i don't own the forums and pretend i run it. (let's remember i haven't edited/deleted/banned anything of yours)
    split the thread i just might. you attempting to instruct me on how to moderate a board?
you can't even keep Nazgul nor <insert dead ringers> in check. Why do you think they were banned from PJG you P.O.S.? And don't gimmie that bleedingheart liberal speech about freedom of the press and point fingers at my pottymouthed behavior when shit gets thrown at me on a regular basis that the people ingame can't believe the shit Nazgul and the others throw at me constantly doesn't stick (ingame)




PART FOUR; slopey's followup
i'll dispense with the whine-about-the-whiner jokes and cut to the chase...
offtopic Slopey; ? wtf is wrong with you? "What ND says goes"?? i hardly think they'd accept that they don't listen to feedback, and i hardly think they'd appreciate you saying flat out, in your very first sentence in your very first post here, that the "popular support" on the EU server is for naught. (i'm sorry, did i break you concentration?)
    i certainly don't think MG would think happy thoughts that a respected member of MG's player base thinks they don't listen to them and communicate with ND. that's what you said, and forgive me for [i]"reading between the lines" and "shoving words in your mouth", but i don't think anyone reading that first sentence of yours could ever think your point was anything but that.[/i]
ontopic right then, okay now i'm going to post the very first stuff that started this flame war to get a reality check cause i'm pretty sure i'm going nuts with the counter-counter-semantic-clarification going on here. (so much so i'm not sure what the hell i said)
    and when i get that feeling i go back and read the thread again.
Quote:
Muffy said btw, while were all happy and spouting suggestions, can i make one that'll please the unreggers? it's staged too, to gradually introduce this concept. ND could do one change per patch
#1. introduce one contraband item that's produced at GBS
#2. increase the profitability to regulated stations
#3. increase the profitability above that of Matterconvertors
#4. change the scanning code a bit so that folks caught with contraband get a temp bounty in reg. space
#5. introduce more contraband items, and even allow lower profit contraband to be produced at other unreg stations like EE, LL and KH
#6. code peace and goodwill for all mankind
Quote:
Toasty said Muffy, it's a great idea but we're not getting _any_ new commods for quite a while I'm told.
Quote:
Muffy said I'm certainly not going to twiddle thumbs and expect ND to even bother with contraband until they're forced kicking and screaming into spending the time -- because they won't until we show sufficient popular and public support, ipso facto.
Quote:
Toasty said We begged for space weed. ND said no, database problems meant we weren't getting any new commods for a while. Happy?
Quote:
Muffy said you think just because you're a TP or a GM or an OP that NetDevil will be candid about business practices and policy? what are you? completely naive?!
Quote:
Toasty said I believe the person who told me that the problems inherent in adding new commods at this time made it unfeasible to do so now or at any time in the immediate future.


okay...*sigh* i'm not nuts. i thought, for a second, that i'd reacted callously and without giving the benefit of the doubt where it was given to me. read the bit i coloured in silver and tell me that wasn't just smartass remark but a pretty explicit attempt at irony. (i'm not explaining that irony)
    why? because i spent an entire fucking day repeating the irony to someone with zero humour, zero tolerance for facts, and totally zero tolerance for pottymouthed behavior but willful use of lies, twisted context and deliberate trolling.
i wasted a whole 4 hours on attempting to explain the meaning of irony to someone i bloody knew had no humour at all and was willing to tear into me without the common courtesy of keeping in context. without the common courtesy of assuming i had a glint of intelligence. great. real fun. i love a flame war, but OP-Toast just sounds like a fanboi/wynar. i hate dealing with morons, especially fagg0ts who get into a position of power. fuck shit goddamnit. damn politics.
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. okay, the below is NOT intended for the faint at heart. I thought about not posting the below until i realized that maybe it was a mistake to pull my punches and act like a forum member with a modicum of class. (i realized that some people might get the mistaken impression the above post was flammable, seeing as how the above is my usual method of dealing with cluerepellant imbeciles)
    if you read the below and fly off the handle, then it's your own damned fault for not leaving this thread



FFS i mean that too. this ain't some kind of drumroll. *shrug* i've been holding this one back since i first replied to Toast on this recent subject of "my" contraband idea.





** - followup as footnote: Regarding the entire collection of the posts on this subject, you'd probably be shocked at how huge your argument's flaws are. Beggin yer pardon, Gov', but, if i was you, i'd be feeling my oats right about now and wondering if indeed my opponent has treated me with respect and has given me the benefit of the doubt and has not assumed i was an idiot right from the start. (hint hint: That one's base assumptions were false from the get go; ie. cluerepellant)
    but i'm not you. i'm not a cluerepellant fanboi/wynar.
Tell me, Moses with the two tablets, what of the Trap commod? Just happened to slip through luckily enough, eh? just happened to not be a "real" commod? just a case of mistaken identity? Coincidence? Got lost in the commod listing instead of "miscellaneous"? God forbid you actually fucked up and forgot it's easy to pull the wool over a fanboi/wynar's pathetic eyes since your type ask stupid questions not to get intelligent answers, but merely to be blessed with attention from the PTB.

hell, they could have told you pink elephants had told them no and you woulda nodded wisely like only you understood the real meaning. Fuck dude, go ahead and assume i'm a conspiracy nut/evil troll/sociopath for all i care. It's a hell of a lot better for you than realizing ND treated you for a fool BECAUSE you treated them as a fanboi/wynar would. Who the hell would respect, let alone trust, sychophants with grapes in one hand and a poisoned dagger in the other?

*shrug* it's not in my self-interest to humour you anymore. So go ahead, ban me from MG forums. just look at the wonderful place ND forums are after i quit there. You might as well, because 9 times out of 10 when i don't give someone the benefit of the doubt i pretty much annihilate.

oh wait. i bet you can come up with a great comeback that'll allow you to laff off my "trap" (knowing your type, IRL, the one-upmanship game is like the energizer bunny)
    i mean, yer so damned worried about losing face you'll fatally insult the people who're most gracious towards you, dragging them down into your muck when they finally lose their temper.
BTW, since you deem "my" suggestion just like all the rest you couldn't be arsed to critique what's already been hasted to death. You mean the usual method for a suggestion is to take the gradual introduction route and not tangled opinions that dispense with a simple silly bulleted list in favor of the "ten tonnes of bricks" approach? (jeez, i have the class to at least make an attempt at a critique when i shoot down an idea)
    and i certainly don't use the "CAUSE STONE COLD SAID SO!" line
fuck it. might as well figuratively curbstomp you: What was your TP group's "spaceweed" concept? Did you start out right away with a "gradual introduction" approach, or did you merely suck ND into something convoluted that caused them to go wide-eyed and back away from the mess? No, you probably went straight for the used-car salesman pressure tactics. really classy, and about par for the course for the folks i have listed in the TP roster. (a "reasonable crosssection". don't make me laff)

And as for you even bothering to post that first reply to the contraband suggestion, it was designed (not consciously) by it's very nature to coerce readers to think, "well, might as well not get excited and opst agreement when it's a lost cause. Maybe later when all the bugs are gone and ND get around to it on the 'to do list'.
    conveniently forgetting that despite that contract we all signed about playing the game "as is", the nature of a MMOG is contrary to this lawyersp33k and we'll thus always have "database problems"
Let's put this all in perspective: ND could apply that exact same explanation to just about any wishlist thread going. Know why they don't? because raining on other people's parades isn't exactly good sportsmanship, nor is it good business practice unless you're Derek Smart. The only reason "your" idea got the answer was you forced the issue as a question. what did you expect? (That they'd prioritize it because "STONE COLD SAID SO"??)
    I wasn't asking the devs, because to tell you the truth, i'd expect them to give me that kind of answer. GIGO So giving me an answer i was explicitly avoiding the question for was what irked me, and what pissed me off just an few hours ago was that i'd given you the benefit of the doubt and you'd taken advantage of that and exploited my reluctance to fight dirty.
Quote:
your mouth's writing checks your ass can't cash
Back to top
OP-Toast
Offical GM
Offical GM


Joined: 30 Jan 2003
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I give up. Muffy, what the fuck are you talking about?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


commoditem98. awwwwwwww i guess they ran out of room. boo hoo. well, i suppose we're all doomed cause ND can't count past 100. ahahaha! So instead of thinking, "ooops! toasty goofed and actually thought ND didn't treat him like a stupid fanboi/wynar bitch." instead you do the usual "i don't speek muffy-esse"...that get's old fast, boy. It got old years ago on PJG and it's certainly getting long in the tooth over this topic. I find it difficult to read your and others posts too, but you don't see me bitching about it, and i damned well make at least a halfassed attempt if i'm going to make a reply, and i certainly don't bitch about how confusing and obfuscating you are, in particular. i might as well now, since you've obviously taken the "duuuuuuh" tactic to avoid admitting that perhaps you're opinion was wrong and you continued to shove it down my throat until i finally stopped treating you like an intelligent member of this community and told you about "Traps"
  1. first came the "stone cold said so",
  2. then came the spaceweed & database problem tease,
  3. then came adding new commods is a problem,
  4. then came the better ways to spend coding time on (like flashlights & big stupid roids? yer a hoot),
  5. then came hot on the heels of that stupidity your pathetic "oh you aren't in my peer group" (that's not arrogance, that's kindergarden politics),
  6. and finally came your parting shot where you equated my "opinions" to "dross"
  7. oh, and of course your posts here as the icing on the cake
that help clear things up? you still confused? then click on the fucking gayalarm pic for your final answer. You had your chance...
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group