UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US finally has faction missions again!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:47 am    Post subject: US finally has faction missions again! Reply with quote

*click above for link to jossh news archive, for forum news click here*

Ntwadumela wrote:
For those of us who have been playing only for the short time of 6 months: If possible can someone take a minute to post any and all relevant facts about TRI missions and accomplishing them. I am assuming that it is self explanatory, but there are probably some tricks and protocols for them that I am not aware of.

Hell, I feel like a newb again, something in the universe that I do not know how to do

And to lump myself in with those who know when EP2 will come out due to their own bad luck. I guarantee that it will come out April 1st which is the day I leave for Europe for 3 1/2 weeks. By the time I get back all the good POS spots will be taken
Doomsday wrote:
I posted this at Jumpgateweb.com a while ago. Basically it describes exactly how to run a FM.

Already the hardcore wannabe "roleplayers" have started to bring forth their *OOC*/*IC* conflict of interest soapboxes.
ISU claims exclusive rights to GBS and Saron's Shoulder sectors (among other things)
    i've always known Ridgeway's squad to be a decent pvp player run event/storyline group and this certainly confirms this. (though i'm damned certain they also cannot effectively roleplay in a MMOG; see here)
Goldstrike wrote:
Just as an example from another game: House camping in Ultima Online. If you house camp someone and kill them repeatedly for the purpose of making them move is bannable. Permanently. If you are concerned about the same happening to you then you need to either work out an agreement with your neighbor or page a GM.

It's neither plausible nor practical to claim a whole sector as your own especially if EP2 is a windfall for the game. It simply won't be possible.

so OTT...i wonder. if noone had complained on the forums would they have taken themselves seriously? possibly. (It's that machismo "lemmie at him!" attitude that one EXPECTS your friends to hold you back.)
    and that, ladies and gentlemen, is the depth and breadth of this type of wanna-be roleplay
dome001 (OEC) wrote:
OOC.
I love the RP nice going guys best of Luck.
And if someone wants to build in unreg how can he go complain to the GM's if he's shot? ITS UNREG!!!!!!!

I swear all the moaning and complaining about Unreg drives me nuts. ITS UNREG!!!!!! if someone wants to claim it, unless you can convince them with your guns not to then tuff. Whether you want to fly through Unregulated(unprotected) space or build your station there, deal with the fact that its unregulated.

to me someone building in unreg and then getting shot at and complaining is like me going to build canis and then getting mad the flux shot me. Unreg is dangerous, it says it in jossh, it says it in the little window that launches the first time you jump into unreg. deal with it or stay in your space.

This is just my opinion, you might have your own. doesnt matter to me.
I do applaud ISU's RP. way to go guys. I hope it works for you.
:urstupid: Then there's the people who like to play the total asshole they can't in real life. HELLO! Nobody said unreg was where you can grief someone. jeezuz. (and i'll bet that's when they start quibbling over what 'grief' means? like i'm saying they can't sneeze in unreg. *sigh*)
    it's like if we're against THEM we're 100% against anything remotely like something that rhymes with them. Classic paranoid delusions...
lmao Gods! and then they'll probably start arguing that unreg is a dangerous place not meant for carebears, so anyone who does build there CAN contest their policy "fairly"...which is all well and good until one realizes they're just quibbling over what 'grief' means again, and again, etc. (which again, is really lousy "RP" to intentionally talk about *OOC* things to provoke a vicious circle of "argument" that validates one's point of view that 'griefing' can't possibly be 'griefing' if you stick a "RP" macro on it.)
    ...And the Chutzpah to think this is "roleplaying"? yup. that's exactly what you'll find in Squad Silo forum. These people actually think "illogician tactics" are the only valid RP device going.
Lady Antonia wrote:
I also must tell you [Marie Antoinette] never said "Let them eat cake." It was said 100 years before her by Marie Therese, the wife of Louis XIV. It was a callous and ignorant statement and she was neither.
QUOTELAND wrote:
'A man cannot eat his cake and have it still' - J. Davies, 'Scourge of Folly no 271' (1611)

The general meaning is that one cannot enjoy the advantages of two mutually incompatible situations.

i do believe there is also a saying by Mark Twain that i'd pose to those who accuse me of being nothing but a troll: "Never argue with a man who buys ink by the barrel"
:)-
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mindphyre.com/UMEC/PIC/JG/official/ND-EP2c.gif (5 1/2 hrs ago)
http://www.mindphyre.com/UMEC/PIC/JG/official/ND-EP2d.gif (post date)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and of course, the next installment of the FM race (quantars rule!!! we rule j00 suxx0rz!)
EU server (current) ; US server (current)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a number of really crazy FMs were coded that were completely camp. the Kitsch was unbelievable and i'm ashamed to even feel like reporting this embarrassment.

FFS
as far as i'm concerned the US server RP is crap because of this ridiculously flippant *IC* attitude towards T.R.I. by an obviously stupid *OOC* cop-out by TG pandering to the lowest common denominator
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technically, TG doesn't control what is written for the missions. ND does it.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

insane is that "write" as in "input the data" or "write" as in "decide how fast/what's the object/etc"?
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Goes into General side-step mode*

I have no detailed information on that, so I can't comment until I do. :grin:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahahahah!!!! what a joke! BTW, it looks as though the US server releases are matching the EU planned RP schedule. (coincidence?)
    stupid FM list image still looks stupid no matter how one dresses it up
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: