UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US ship balance forum...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:42 am    Post subject: US ship balance forum... Reply with quote

okay, omfg what a bunch of total shit. I mean, no pun intended, but NOBODY has a bloody clue anymore...there's playing counter-counter-semantic-clarification games. makes me sick. they've got no concepts, just hitting each other with fucking stupid numbers that (for the VAST majority) are false. [ie. bass ackwards]

That intensity balance thread is the worst of the lot. lol. :headbang:
Zeshin
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is even more sad, is that ND actually seems to think those suggestions are constructive. The new amazing ships .. erm well.. you aint seen nothing yet.. HELP
Kami
Ex-Assistant GM
Ex-Assistant GM

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New amazing ships, huh?

I'm betting on already obsolete variations that nobody will fly, with the exception, perhaps of the non PvP orientated ships, who will still be modified to be sitting ducks.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MG general forum thread
IN REPLY TO
explode? nah. as long as it's a reasonable and thought out debate i don't care how much this thread is hijacked. (remember the #1 rule of the internet is to get the TITLE of your thread to the top of the forums)
    #2 is to only flame people you think are complete idiots ONLY when you think they're lying or fudging data
size3 engines for a size1 radar ship? talk about funny. that's like strapping a flashlight onto a Ferrari and tearing down the road with only that for illumination. (that's my first impression anyways. lemmie go look see at the thread)...oh, before i do that, my 2nd impression is that i forgot they boosted pp to size3 across the board.

oh. why did you bother to post that link, GymCee? blatant attempt at hijack? seriously, just look at the stats on the current MFs:
http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/JGPatch53/invader.gif
http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/JGPatch53/chiropteran.gif
http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/JGPatch53/tempest.gif
They all have surplus power, and could quite easily mount what you suggest. Problem is you'd increase their speeds to 442v, 449v & 437v respectively. You'd have nix pilots screaming blue bloody murder

no...sorry, but i don't buy that. it's just too silly. like calling for size3 guns for tows. sheesh. seriously people. get a grip. lol
    BTW, do you realize the munchkin who started that thread you linked also calls for phoon to have size4 pp and tens to get another size3 gun? Mr.CookieCutter. whatta joke. brings tears to my eyes in laughter everytime i read that shoddy excuse for a balance forum. Jeezuz. Give some punk between 5 seconds and 5 months of PvP experience and they think they're god's gift to R&D! lol!... reminds me of that AirForce joke about the difference between a pilot's opinion of what's wrong with his aircraft and the engineer's checklist. think i'll go search for that on google
    http://www.anyplane.com/humour-in-snags.html

Of course, just to be fair and give a devil's advocate view:
Quote:
Most pilots learn, when they pin on their wings and go out and get in a fighter, especially, that one thing you donít do, you donít bílieve anything anybody tells you about an airplane.
-- Chuck Yeager

You know what's really funny? for some godsforsaken reason Nohbody never changes. He's still the most half-informed half-opinionated half-baked YoYo i've ever encountered in JG.
:clap:
oh, Zaltys? go tell Gander that what you said about the hitbox was exactly what was said by the devs, and i don't like liars. even smooth talking people i admire who buy that lie. If the Nix's hitbox is impossible to fix, THEN we must find a way to boost or nerf things so it IS balanced, because we all (at the time) agreed to stop bitching about balance until hitbox was dealt with. (or not)
    jeezuz. hijacking my own thread. :thwack:

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Feb 05, 2003 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kami wrote:
New amazing ships, huh?

I'm betting on already obsolete variations that nobody will fly, with the exception, perhaps of the non PvP orientated ships, who will still be modified to be sitting ducks.

I'm betting on totally uber ships with huge guns, extreme speed, and large shielding. It's just possible that the oct one will have lots of armour, and be slow and crappy :P
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What!
Who's been leaking info?
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

more like who's psychic, Baad. All we've had to operate with is speculation arises after the devs said the HF was a cross between the Fighters and the Rangers...doesn't take a rocket scientist to predict ND will play "pin the tail on the donkey" as the Test Pilots cry.

hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa why do you think I DIDN'T volunteer?
Zeshin
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty intresting that ND requested our thoughts on what the new ships should be like, and that we only knew the classnames, but everyone had more or less the same ideas, esp about the Heavy Fighter and Advanced Fighter.

It's also pretty intresting that ND came up with ships so completely diffrent...

Of course, they could change them and I really hope they will... Although as an Oct I'd love to get another Turkey! ;)
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

baad: So many of the previous ships introduced have been leaking intel :P. S3 cuda, uber rangers in each case the oct one was the worst....it's surely only a matter of time before they amalgamate the two :P
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh BS you fuckers are psychic. :meanie:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gander wrote:
The "horrible armor" argument simply does not wash. Armor and shield cannot be evaluated seperately. In fact, the tens can absorb more damage than the nix without considering shield regeneration rates. When the latter is taken into account, the tens can take a significantly greater pounding than the nix.

rofl lmao hehe LOL lol :grin: insane :headbang: :E 8P

not *chortle* okay, 182 replies and almost 3000 views and that stupid freakin thread is the worst bunch of shiite i've ever seen. the academy of fools is holding awards ceremonies for the following wisemen:
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I still had a copy of my "Ship Balance Fucktards" rant from PJG. Was somewhere in the Sandbox.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:35 am    Post subject: HEARTS & MINDS Reply with quote

When i say someone's heart is in the right place, it's that i believe they have a "Good Enough" view of the woods. (ie. they're in the same ballpark as we are versus the insane asylum of griefers/carebears)
    A decent view of the Woods/Forests = A decent understanding of JumpGate's 'Concept'
Now, trees are fine. i mean one can bloody stare at the hundreds of FAQs in that free database forum of ours and know everything there is to know about JG. Hell! they could never even look at any FAQ, and instead learn through playing the game "hands on". (it really doesn't matter how you know the trees)
    A decent view of the Trees = A decent experience of JumpGate's 'Guts'
Where it all falls apart for alot of folks is being able to keep that view of the forest in mind while yer roaming among the trees. (ie. balance discussions are prime examples of this sort of juxtaposition)
    Sadly, most folk really don't ever bothering to try doing this, because it's not easy, and thus their "view of the forest" is rarely able to withstand even the slightest cross-examination...Sure they love this game, and sure most have their hearts in the right place, but you better not let them lead from the front, back sides or rear. period

I think the shame of it all is that the griefers/carebears really don't need to understand nor experience anything but their own selfish needs for WINGAME buttons, but noone thinks anything of them acting all high-minded and noble when they start going OTT about something "important" -- using "Illogician Tactics" with the skill of the damned -- One wonders where ND gets the impression that the community hasn't got a clue where our priorities lie.
Xrefer.com wrote:
can't see the forest for the trees
Also, can't see the wood for the trees. Focus only on small details and fail to understand larger plans or principles, as in Alex argues about petty cash and overlooks the budget - he can't see the forest for the trees. This expression was already a proverb in John Heywood's 1546 collection.

For alternative attempts at the "woods/trees/forest" conundrum see here. Another one is me talking about someone deliberately misleading people on what the forest looks like (greenfleas) here. And our favorite kind of weather pattern talking about ND's view here.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
GM-Nibbles
Offical GM
Offical GM

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bugger me pink and cover me in honey

I actualy have the whole PJG site somewhere on a hard drive.

took me 3 feckin days on a T3 line to do. If I can shake the crap off all the stuff I have ill try and find that post.

ps its 5 am here and I'm shattered :morn:

Muffy edit: i lufferz this dude!
RazorX
Sgt 1st Class
Sgt 1st Class

Location: Muffy went off on somebody and all i got was this lousy T-Shirt

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2003 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM-Nibbles wrote:
I actualy have the whole PJG site somewhere on a hard drive.

/me to GM-Nibbles
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[SPAM]Navy stooge wrote:
Zaltys,
Please read the whole thread before you try to debunk my argument. The alpaa and the haven, recharge at the same rate. The alpaa does NOT recharge faster than the haven. Granted, the alpaa has more damage absorbtion than the haven. But everything I said in my last post is factual, ie.

WANT SOME CANDY, BITCH?
Nicator
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, that thread had me banging my head on the wall. Particularly that bit about the shields FFS .
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

300 posts and 5700 views. OMG :E
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Durango 95 purred away real horrorshow, a nice warm vibratey feeling all through your guttiwuts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: