UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Roid Lickers, Rejoice!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 12:10 pm    Post subject: Roid Lickers, Rejoice! Reply with quote

GrimGriz wrote:
I agree that the heavy miners are very well designed. However, I think that the main reason they are so good is because the thrust is very high, and the drag is very high, thus it is relatively painless to haul large amounts of ore.

Please apply this to the light miners as well. I understand that when the light miners were designed, it was feared that their gunports would lead them into PvP use. I ask that if you wish to exclude any ship from PvP use, and still need large gunports, to consider the heavy miners.

When I take a miner out to mine, yaw, pitch, and top speed aren't all that important to me. Those are for combat ships. What is important is that it can mine and hold massive amounts of ore, and be able to MOVE it.

For Hamalazah's sake people, the fast transports have more thrust than ships designed to carry 60 units of ore. Bring the thrust up on the light miner, and then bring the drag up to avoid changing top speed. PLEASE.

Hyperlink to EP2 FAQ section on Miners
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: