UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Differing opinions or debunking frauds?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:51 am    Post subject: Differing opinions or debunking frauds? Reply with quote

QuarterToThree (article) wrote:
Yes, sometimes reviews differ due to a simple difference of opinion amongst experienced reviewers. Some games have enough good blended in with some problems that opinions can be mixed, based upon the priorities of the reviewer. But some games (such as the two mentioned above) are plagued with enough problems that one can only mourn the waste of polycarbonate used to make the CD. Yet somehow you will still find reviews that try to convince you that these cow patties are steak. They aren’t just differing opinions: they either misconstrue or just plain miss bugs and problems that Mr. Magoo could find in his sleep. They’re inaccurate, misleading, and just plain wrong.

only too true, eh? Well, it's ironic how this shows up the website's co-founder when he says...

Mark Asher (DS' going away party) wrote:
I just want you to know that Derek [Smart]'s been a good citizen on these boards. He rants now and then (like the rest of us) and is boastful now and then (like some of us), but all in all, he's been an enjoyable contributor.

ah yes, irony. (he forgot to add the obvious...forgive me as i do a horrible paraphrase:)
    "He rants now and then (like the rest of us,) is boastful now and then (like some of us) and lies "now and then" (like Dr Joseph Goebbels; see the nazi-freakoid Mr.Irving wax eloquent here)
blah blah. anyways, i think i'll go grill BillHuffman (who's become as infamous as DS) here
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: