UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what the hell's with jossh and that stupid hyp FM?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2002 4:03 pm    Post subject: what the hell's with jossh and that stupid hyp FM? Reply with quote

i haven't seen ANY faction missions for months...are you folks getting any on the US server at all? If you have could i get a synopsis please?

Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bagger88
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have been Zero (Zip, Nada, None) FM's since I started playing again in August, I have no idea why. :???:
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND General Forum Thread
looks like the natives are getting restless. I wonder how many replies it gets?
chin

here's the EU's version. actually, they're pretty much got the "publicrelations" momentum going since August, here. (thing is though, i'm really confused about who sets up FMs?)
    each server had different FMs in the past, right? so why doesn't Themis Group have the tools Mighty Games does? Did they have to go through ND?
Ah well, i'd really have loved to see depots built before EP2 when the POS make them all obsolete.
:(
Really was a morale boost doing FMs. really was.
:( :( :(
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know, internal GMs (i.e. the three (or four?) internal MG people, or ND in case of US) need to enter the FMs. The externals (Themis/most of the GMs at EU) just need to send what they want and the internals implement it.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so got any good thread links about this "Customer Producer" bug? Could this be the reason the US server 'internals' (ie. Josh) is leary of new FMs? (good excuse as any i suppose)
    kinda wish they'd do something about other types, but that's off topic for this forum
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2002 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only know that EU is holding back the Repair Guns because the CPs would not work anyway and they don't want to disappoint the players' efforts. A similar posting was on US, but it got deleted in the forum wipe *sigh*. I cited it once here, though. It's the same symptoms. You can produce something, the produced item is in your cargo hold, and when you dock, it gets replaced by the ingredients again.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum POLL
Looks like the troops want in on the EP2 action *IC* like.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Tue Dec 31, 2002 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GM_Moll wrote:
There is of course, a charming backlog of FMs that could/would/should be done right now; I would reasonably expect the FMs to kick in at some near point/right after Episode 2 is released. Which is of course, still an estimate. Things run a bit differently here than on the EU server, and one of these differences deals with the FMs.

We know you guys miss the FMs (if that helps you any) and are looking forward to adding them as soon as we can feasibly do so without slowing down the progress of other things.

Faith and patience, they'll come back.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

netburnrol wrote:
if you guys read all the forums you would know that Faction Missions are bugged and cannot be fixxed without patching, and seeing how they are still working on the patch, no FM options avalible.

From what i've gathered, it's NOT that all faction missions are bugged, just the custom producers and stuff...what about other stuff? how about a FM to introduce the manta to the conflux simulator? how about FM's that slowly build up the *IC* justification for the new stuff in EP2? god knows we could have a few "precursor" TRI missions.
how fucking hard is it to code in mantas into the sim? jeezuz
NetDummie wrote:
oh, we have to do big patches cause they're more efficient

PFFFT! that got real old around September 24th 2002.

And what about the Hyperial/Amananth NPC event FMs? Color me cynical, but isn't a Community Service branch supposed to operate in overdrive during a time when FMs/TRI missions are unavailable?

TRI/FMs are a morale boost not only for community "Solidarity", but also a means to heighten the sense of persistence. Even if there's no concrete effects, there's the very undervalued (in the US server) affect of storyline. Color me cynical again, but i've gotten the impression all those NPCs are talking-heads.
    A talkinghead is, to me, someone who covers their ass and never makes an educated guess, because being wrong is seen as more dangerous than being right -- Character comes from merit, not politics. One can talk about NPC integrity all they want...all yer doing is adding zero up though.
I never liked TV episodes that didn't tie in with the last ones. Lack of continuity is all. Lack of persistence is painfully evident. I'm not blaming GM_Moll for this because she gets her marching orders from NetDevil and not the other way around...And it's not NetDevil's fault, per se, because they told us we bought the game AS IS.
:irony:
I suppose they'd think up was down if that was in the RoC
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brainstorming session
did my best to make suggestions on this subject...tying in storyline/event concepts even.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's another official quote to backup the one moll's given...
GM_Arch0n wrote:
The primary difference between the EU and the US server is that the support team (Mightygames) operates the servers in the EU while the development team operates the servers in the US. This means that the US support team (Themis) can't implement Faction Missions, control the weather, or alter the economy except via software tools provided by ND. At present, none of those software tools are working, and the priority is to fix epsidoe 2 over fixing the GM tools. Whether or not the GM tools are fixed doesn't impact Mightygames and their EU server, as they can work directly on the EU server to change the economy, add FMs, etc.

offtopic
Too bad he missed the mark on his prior paragraph. I wonder why he's clinging to that POV? ah well, just proves i made a good call way back when. (i wonder if anyone will catch how off the mark his reply was to the thread?)
Xindaan
EU Advisor
EU Advisor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak wrote:
here's another official quote to backup the one moll's given...
GM_Arch0n wrote:

[...]
This means that the US support team (Themis) can't [...] alter the economy except via software tools provided by ND. At present, none of those software tools are working [...]

Hmm...

From what was posted at the EU boards a while back, in relation to (I think)

Code:

v.1.0061 - July 17, 2002
------------------------------------------
-some improvements were made to GM tools

it is possible for external GMs commands to do stuff with econ. Switch on and off production, alter PIs, etc. (I can't find the related posting there, atm. I think there have been more references to it, though. In any case, there've been various production shutdowns in EU etc. happening in times when no one was working at MG.) I wonder if Themis knows about these possibilities. Information policy on changes implemented by ND seems sometimes a bit vague and suboptimal, judging from GMs sometimes not being able to answer questions on various issues that were altered (like insurance with /home, etc.).

Let's hope for some updated documentation with EP2. And bugfixes. Lots of stuff is on the backburner atm.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2002 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm...you REALLY don't want to know.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=1656
finally!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: