UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nazgul's exhibitionism cum propaganda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Luke wrote:
All those problems trace to back to the most fatal decision in the history of JG: size 4 powerplant in the Intensity. Before that there were lots of different powers in the galaxy and lots of small conflicts. It was alot more fun than huge battles and gankfests we have now. Uber intensity gave solrain such extreme power however that other factions had to create alliances (EEA) or have large squads (JADE) to be able to compete. In turn sols allied together too. Now unless you are in a huge ass alliance you will always get ripped by 20 enemies. To this day most of the hatered in game comes from octs and quants accusing sols that the only reason they can be successful is because they have a uber ship (which they do). Obviously sols object to that accusation even though they realize intensity is uber. Basically poor game atmosphere and decreased fun factor can be traced back to the one man chiefly responsible for the size 4 PP on tensi : Innominate. Innominate is the devil!

Luke
lol!! now i know why i ignored you many moons ago!!! hehe...poor Luke and his feeble propaganda machine which takes credit in the same vein as RoyofCA did for the OEC disbanding before Beta6 ended.

The truth is that Luke and his Nazgul buddies transferred over during the BetaStressTest which heralded an ammo nerf by increasing shield stats across the boards,
Quote:
"To make duels last longer" ~ quote from NetDevil.
not to mention everyone was bloody sick and tired of dealing with the horrible PvP nerf of XP hits that were coded just before Beta6 ended....You had a very brittle scenario when Nazgul spewed it's load onto the scene and noone noticed until they started having temper tantrums and rubbing salt in wounds...any wound they could sniff, besides their own arses.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldfenster wrote:
Last night i thought it would happen. A "setup" fair fight. They knew we were out#, we expected to fight 4 vs 6. Alas, we fought atleast 8 of them.

I dont think its possible to get "fair" fights on this server, even if you try to setup one.

Soo dissapointing.......

HAHAHAHA HAAHAHAHAHAH HAHAAHAHAH
yeah yeah. "Nazgul's middle name is 'Honour'"...oh do cry me a river! I believe it's time yet again for that ol' time religion:

http://umec.oesm.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=195
(the one. the only. THE NAZGUL PJG PARODY!)
    just cause you're the most evolved trolls around, doesn't indicate there aren't any trollslayers on the beat
popcorn
Lupus5150 wrote:
Why is noone ever happy about just playing?

Last week I watched an OV force jump into nixes and go out to fight a slightly superior force of Quantar's Sword (6 v 8 I believe). It sounded like a great battle, despite the difference in numbers (despite the fact that we lost).

Sometimes you have more people, sometimes they do. You know this game, you've played it for years. A force deliberately trying to cripple it's numbers would make a mockery of the idea of a persistent universe. That has always been the way.

One of the wonderful things about Jumpgate is that a smaller force with better pilots can use good tactics to defeat a larger force. Tactics will swing the outcome of any battle. Or you can feel free to to run blindly towards the enemy waving axes, because if they have more pilots than you, then it's not your fault you died. :)

ooooo... i do like! I hate squad hissyfits (they all the same dumb BS) but wow. neato. uhm...and FORMATTED. oooo. impressive.
Lupus
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2003 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hissy fit? Perhaps. :) But not an OV one this time - just Black Hand and Nazgul (Old) whining. We've had more posts whining about unfair fights (only if OV won of course) than most, but not recently.

And the formatting is just so I can make a point - my posts tend to waffle and wander, so without the bold tag people would just get lost. :D

:morn: <---how I feel today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: