UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The buggy combat disco code

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:15 pm    Post subject: The buggy combat disco code Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
Lytefoot wrote:
Hick it is easy to replicate and I've already posted this in the support forum over a week ago. Simply encounter one flux. If you are hit once by a flux it appears to tag some indicator that insures disco death if you disconnect. Now other reasons for disco death I cannot say but I can say I have had and know many others who have had death because at some point during their flight they were fired on by a flux.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2002 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread (warning! it's a Rix bitchfest)
Rix wrote:
it turns out that they don't even get counted for a death! They simply respawn in the station full equip and everything.
Most likely trying to justify his use of this bug exploit via getting others to admit to the "common" occurance of this bug. (ie. the incidents of accidental "no death" happens frequently is what he's trying to convey)
    fortunately, enough peepz are saying that it's not common. But, i doubt he'd be banned for exploiting a bug anyways?
insane Past-O-Rama: "Let's disco dance, Hammurabi" (985 KB).
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this what the exploiters use still or has it been fixed? It's sure similar to the jump/disco exploits in insidiousness. bleh
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, speak of the devil
-WerTex- wrote:
Snuk, stop being such a little weasel.

The same exact thing happened to me when fighting OV (okay running from). Algore shot me up and at -4 armor i was disconnected from the server.

Then when i reconnected, i was back at klatches hold with all my equipment. It's a bug. Sometimes the other person gets the kill message, sometimes they don't.

Do you think he'd TELL you he disconnected on purpose if he in fact did it? Enough people know your fondness for taking screenshots and putting them up here.

And festis is right, it's REAAAAAAAAAAALLLY unfair to quote someone out of context if English isn't their first language.

*ahem* I do believe since it's an ancient bug that everyone and their dog knows how to replicate it (and damn if they don't keep quiet about it too unless they can bitch about it)
    you can find -Wertex-'s boast...erm...post about his honor here. I'm sure these folk know this exploit in and out so much that "exploiting" it becomes not unlike matter farming and powerlevelling, so much so that it becomes second nature to the point that "accidents" are seen as merely "accidents". Though it's not their fault ND dragging their butts or in some cases not giving a rat's ass

OP-Ranger wrote:
The bug has been around for quite some time now *gives ND a swift kick in the ass* and pops up here and there.
Lupus
Private 1st Class
Private 1st Class

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reproducability seems to be beyond most people - otherwise we'd have seen a lot more of it in our fights (mostly against Lame Falcon who spare no effort in analysing all exploits and learning how to use them). Occurrence seems to be between 10 and 20%, but fairly random, and noone seems able to force it to happen.

Indicators are usually negative armour, and from the screams on comms, I'd say being hit by multiple opponents is also a factor.

Not related to the disco in gate = invulnerable bug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Gameplay (ie. Content) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: