UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

custom HUD skins (patch 54) plus more...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:36 am    Post subject: custom HUD skins (patch 54) plus more... Reply with quote

oldest HUD thread archived
ND general forum thread [reference0034]
Steelbeans is doing the wynar routine, but it's mostly levelled headed stuff and even a few pics of Migg's draft copy of a hud replacement.
ND general forum thread [reference0035]
Another on the same topic of hud skins (this one specifically for targetting)
Bit of a rant by nystryke [reference0036]
HiTek and Hurricane in a race [reference0037]As expected, most of the bug fixes weren't perfect (duh)...but at least they're trying AND producing back-to-back patches almost.

Hmmm...as for the improved Amananth powerplant outputs? jeez.
    A phoon with an instigator/guzzlers/knocker/haven/pint has 2737k pwr/sec AFTER capacitor. this would allow one hitman to fire at full thrust, or 2 sharks OR 2 feathers to fire at full thrust...you have a few options: (rated from personal favorite down to least favorite)
  • 2hit/rrak combo 8476 (full fire rate at ~3% throttle)
  • 4thorn loadout 6560 (full fire rate at ~38% throttle)
  • 2thorn/2shark combo 6000 (full fire rate at ~48% throttle)
  • 2feather/2shark combo 5320 (full fire rate at ~61% throttle)
    {{{data included a -500 power surplus; standard "margin of error" for a capacitor; the limit you can push it in a combat zone and not have your capacitor run out of energy TOO quickly}}}
FYI, you can see quite plainly i'd rather deal with hitmen/barrak power issues than the ability to fire at full thrust. *shrug* That's my nonpvp opinion.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:01 am; edited 4 times in total
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of making some HUD displays, but right now I'm in competition with Hurricane - and he's got the lead! spin
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's one improvement. Question, though: are the new huds still opaque? AND... is it just the central hud? Or can you mod other parts of the UI? Like the bottom section?

Think they might *gasp* let everything in the UI be modified? Even added to? *gasp* Maybe custom FF displays are on the way... nah, too many people want them. ND doesn't give us things we want. (Mining ships anyone?)
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rainy13 wrote:
Well, that's one improvement. Question, though: are the new huds still opaque? AND... is it just the central hud? Or can you mod other parts of the UI? Like the bottom section?

Think they might *gasp* let everything in the UI be modified? Even added to? *gasp* Maybe custom FF displays are on the way... nah, too many people want them. ND doesn't give us things we want. (Mining ships anyone?)

hmmm, im trying to figure out if the sarcasm in the final statement is in the fact that we were given mining ships, or in the fact that we were given mining ships that arnt.

Personally, I havnt seen a mining ship till I see something with 4x size 5 engines, a 420 minimum cruise speed, 750 cargo capacity or greater and 4x size 3 gun slots at least to get a bit of a decent mining rate out of the thing.

To make life very interesting - I wouldnt make the gun slots forward facing either - id have them mounted to converge at a point slightly underneath the chat box.

actually - im not sure of that last point anymore - might screw up circle mining (if you *really* want to try active mining with 500 ore that is.).
Rainy13
US Advisor
US Advisor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah. To me a mining ship looks like this:

800 hold
4xsize5 minimum thrust, preferably 6xsize5
Turning rate of a tow
8 size-3 gun slots (with a size-1 cap! :p)
the ability to deploy mining drones ;)

That's a good start, anyways.

And no, BF, I don't like the existing miners. If they had real engines (read: size-4) I could deal with them. They'd be useful. Especially if you double their cargo holds to about 100 as well.

As it stands, they're inferior to the transports. Tranny speed, handling, and power more than make up for their slower mining speed. Hell, the Hurricane's 6 missiles are a nice equalizer. :)

And what retard figured out that a 1.5xspeed of the Banker made for a good size-3 spoon? Are they TRYING to spit on the Quantar? At least 2x (.08) would have let the Hurricane be the best mining transport of the set, instead of just equal now.... bad enough that it used to be inferior. I won't even go into my ideal mods for the Hurricane.
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I combined (and slightly modified) the two top ones at this time (Migg and Brew) and got this:

Now in the pic, the yellow X goes in the brackets that is near the flux.

I've got one in development at this time, so I don't want to share it with everyone quite yet.

Darnit...it is taking my time away from my competition... :x
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2002 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original HUD files just in case
Text reformatting [reference0038]
Installation instructions for dummies [reference0039]
Mouse users [reference0040]

Last edited by MajorFreak on Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a way to reduce the size of the CURSOR>?
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2002 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND Technical Forum Thread

hmmm...that one's kaput. go here

Last edited by MajorFreak on Tue Dec 24, 2002 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like www.jumpgateweb.com has a download section for this
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://karsten.rohweder.bei.t-online.de/karstux_realisticHUD.zip
BaadF00d
Test Pilot
Test Pilot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak wrote:

How realistic is realistic tho?

Never having actually been in the AirForce - and certainly nowhere near the cockpit of an actual modern jet fighter ... well ... how close actually are these HUDs to what one gets in a modern fighter's hud?

Anyone actually have real experience?

This last one tho is actually quite nice...

Does one want percentile remaining AB fuel? or for AB fuel to be measured in minutes remaining (Octs might potentially need an alternate HUD gfx with x2 time scale if they purchased a single engine craft.).

Also ive noticed that the standard radar overlay isnt aligned properly - if yoy park in space with a contact close to the inner "circle" and rotate - the contact moves closer to and then away from the inner circle - the scale is wrong.

hmmm, pity my photoshop skillz suck, a set of radar backdrops for different sized radars with exact distances and a proper FOV indicator might be nice - drop in the graphic that corresponds to your current radar range.
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
Looks like Ekoostik is back and asknig questiongs...BTW, check out Dyson's HUD if you like the spider look.

Last edited by MajorFreak on Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.geocities.com/isamudysonjg/
new website out. this time by Dyson. mostly about his HUD replacement files, so go check it out...it's even got a tutorial on how to do it. *g*

Last edited by MajorFreak on Tue Dec 24, 2002 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2002 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Octavian only HUDs
Full cockpit makeovers too...AVON CALLING!
:)-
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaadF00d wrote:
MajorFreak wrote:

How realistic is realistic tho?

click the picture. takes you to a german site. (i can't read it, so if there's something cool that site explains plz let us know)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer the Dyson HUD and aiming recticle. (not recommended one uses 2d or less than 1027*, but here's it at 800*600/16bit)

*notice the thrust meter? it's at exactly 25% thrust*
BTW, here's it at 1027*768/32bit...and 50% thrust:

BTW, here's a crossreference to mouse/keyboard customization (and recommended layout)
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dedsquirrl wrote:
I am using Tesrends recticle off of the Brotherhood site. I am really diggin it.

I have noticed that it doesnt work that great with ammo though (although that could be because i suck at ammo). Pyldrvr has a great recticle for ammo that I think is available at the (SOL)Navy site.

There are also a bunch of good downloads at www.jumpgateweb.com

Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: FTP transfer between mindphyre and razorskiss complete Reply with quote

8P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Free Database (JumpGate) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: