UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crap! they're on to me!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Comic Relief
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sushicide unmasked muffy's identity
Uhm...not! hehe
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2002 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimbeorn's Muffy Tracker

[ This Message was edited by: MajorFreak on 2002-04-02 21:29 ]
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
[11:50] <skree> why does mf act like such a moron on the boards?
[11:50] <skree> is it some type of inside joke
[11:50] <skree> or is he actually that ignorant?
[11:50] <Tritian> i think he's just a dipshit
[11:50] <Tritian> he's also here in this channel
[11:50] <skree> I know
[11:50] <chemdog> dunno, could be a good IC
[11:51] <Tritian> he's still a dipshit
[11:51] <Tritian> his IC is an ass?
[11:51] <chemdog> meepyl is good IC
[11:51] <skree> post by Firefly "Is aluminum still bugged? Does ND know about it?"
[11:51] <chemdog> dunno Trit, don't know enough about him
[11:52] <skree> reply by muffy "I was going to try to reason with you but I'd be wasting my time. Too lazyto wait around for MS, go play around in the sim."
[11:52] <chemdog> wtf?
[11:53] <skree> his response has nothing to do with the legitimate question asked. It's just a blatant flame.
[11:53] <Tritian> MF basically picks the first conclusion that goes into his head, flies off on a tangent, and flames everyone. despite if his conclusion was accurate or not
[11:53] <skree> that's a fairly accurate description
[11:53] <Tritian> then if you are like "wtf are you talking about muffy" he flames some more, THIS TIME WITH WACKY ANNOYING FORMATTING!
[11:54] <skree> yep
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russian wrote:
(where is Muffy when you need him?)

that was time stamped 09-13-2002 01:48 PM (which is a nice way of saying our boards are 4 hours ahead of netdevils)

not that i lurk or anything. i just have idiot friends who still play the game. tee hee...that and IRC.

offtopic
Here's a very old quote supporting russian
[quote=Ilk]I'm obviously not Russian but I can answer the thing about RP as it's been affecting a lot of us.

Russian had an anti-TRI RP...he would stage various attacks on strategic targets (eg nuking sol core) even knowing that technically he can't win that kind of RP (cos TRI pays insurance yadda yadda).

However instead of the GM's playing along and saying "Another futile attemp by dissidents to damage infrastructure failed miserably, TRI officials are on the alert" they shot down his RP and then rewrote the "RP rules of conduct" to specifically exclude what he was doing.

Almost every attempt by major PvP squads to work RP into conflict with the help of GM's has been shot down due to it being too much work. With only one coder apparently working on Jumpgate the amount that can be done by GM's is extremely limited.[/quote]


If russian ever wanted my opinion, i'd say that Themis wouldn't know their arse from their brakepedal (allusion)

course, there's the serious side to all this that doesn't exactly support russian at all.
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum thread
damnit! i just knew i'd get noticed...and all just because i wanted to let Hornet know i'd repaired the hyperial storyline post he'd linked to in the fiction FAQ. bleh.

And, HiTekHick; don't tease them. i've no intention of returning...i quit TRI forever. though i'll be quantar and UMEC for the same duration. (i've still got the game installed so i can get you folks updates on patch files and gear...things i do best)
    And yes, i am curious about EP2, though it's a nobrainer that it won't fix anything...even though the lot of us are convinced ND thinks so. heh
melodramatic bit wrote:
Fratres..., three weeks from now I will be harvesting my crops, imagine where you will be and it will be so. Hold the lines, stay with me. If you find yourself alone riding in green fields with the sun on your face, do not be troubled, for you are in Elysium and you're already dead!!!. [The men laugh. The wolf's stare remains fixed on Maximus.] Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity.
Back to top
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot


Joined: 25 Oct 2001
Posts: 566
Location: The sticks!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Muffy, I just can't help myself... :poke:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Spirit- wrote:
Well, this thread wasn't too bad yet, a few others were worse.

I just don't really see the point. On the one hand Muffy apparently wants to build up an image of knowing what he is talking about, on the other hand he destroys this very same image by calling the people he argues against smartasses, morons etc. at every turn (yes, I know, not that much in this thread, more in others as far as I can recall).


he was complaining about me flaming some troll cum-bounty hunter/ruleslawyer/weekendwarrior. (who wouldn't get the hint to STFU and decided instead to provoke Muffy)
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND general forum POLL
:/
now that's just fucking insulting. And besides, i DON'T whine. bunch of fags. lol!!
Back to top
HiTekHick
Test Pilot
Test Pilot


Joined: 25 Oct 2001
Posts: 566
Location: The sticks!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Muffy, everything that talks about you is going bye-bye... :(

Oh... Here's something for ya! wtg (but not about ya)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2002 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Never argue with an idiot, they'll just pull you down to their level and win." -Unknown
I agree with you on everything, but as long as the power lays in the hands of the reactionaries, you'll never win. You're outgunned on the same scale as a bass boat against an Iowa class battleship, aint no sunshine where you're going. Fight the battles you can win, on the fields of your choosing, not theirs.


yeah. that's a funny quote. How typical of BlkPrince to treat it literally.
:irony:
Groucho Marx wrote:
He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.
Quote:
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."
~Mark Twain
"Pffft!"
~Muffy
"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
~Chinese proverb
    Sarcasm
    "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
    "The basis of optimism is sheer terror."
    "Consistency is the last resort of the unimaginative."
    "Experience is one thing you can't get for nothing."
    "Men always want to be a woman's first love. Women like to be a man's last romance."
    "One of the many lessons that one learns in prison is, that things are what they are and will be what they will be."
    "The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing."
    "True friends stab you in the front."
    "The pure and simple truth is rarely pure and never simple."
    "All that I desire to point out is the general principle that Life imitates Art far more than Art imitates Life."
    "By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, [journalism] keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community."
    "Nothing can cure the soul but the senses, just as nothing can cure the senses but the soul."
Quote:
Beauty is truth, truth beauty--that is all
Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know.
~John Keats
What a strange illusion it is to suppose that beauty is goodness.
~Leo Tolstoy
When war is declared, truth is the first casualty
~Hiram Johnson


"Figures often beguile me, particularly when I have the arranging of them myself; in which case the remark attributed to Disraeli would often apply with justice and force: 'There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics.' "
~Autobiography of Mark Twain

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure."
~Mark Twain





You know, it never ceases to amaze me how many idiots love to call me a pottymouthed troll with politically correct crap that is THE spitting image of a troll. I don't lie. I make mistakes, embarrassing ones, but at least i've got the guts to correct them and admit where i was wrong. I think it's the lack of humour, the absolute kiss ass (not always the devs) routine most of these fools undergo. It's politics. pure brutal politics.

Hyperlink to this post


Last edited by MajorFreak on Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:47 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ND forum thread
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
*awwwwwwww and fer my bestest christmas present ever too. sniff. Muffy wipes the tears away*
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Spirit- wrote:
Muffy, I wonder where you got your technical information about a feature that doesn't exist and isn't even planned (/pod command) from.

What on earth gave you the idea that there would be some kind of a popup? The much more likely alternative is an interface like /wing today. Anyway, interface questions like that are secondary problems and have very little bearing on the actualy functionality of the command, which would be a more appropriate subject to discuss here.


MY GOD THEY R ONTO M3!!! THEY HAF FIGURED OUT I JUST PULL STUFF OUTTA MY ARSE!!! MY GOD! I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO CRACK A JOKE AGAIN!!!

soto vox: hey, i hope not everyone on EU forums is that humorless or i'm gonna avoid going to europe on holiday. (i mean, just the other day Corrish got pissy with me here)
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voltaire wrote:
"A witty saying proves nothing."

(ie. wit=opinion while proof needs argument based on facts)
    it amazes me how trolls can impress merely by being constantly witty...reminds me of pissing contests and one-up-manship games. One doesn't really need to wonder where all the bullies went
It's funny how the worst trolls always seem to label me as someone who "flames someone everytime they disagree with you" (gets to be silly because they always say they "merely point out the facts")
Kymon (1st post on boards; 2nd account farmer anyone?) wrote:
I find it laughable that a person who avoids pvp at all costs would have the audacity to write up a combat rules guide. It's almost like a child molester writing up day care policies. On the other hand, I am reminded of the poster's IQ and silence myself.
Kymon wrote:
who says I am a troll. I merely pointed out a fact. Everytime someone disagrees with you, you shouldn't call them a troll.

Fascinating, yes? Apparently the "fact" in this case is that i avoid PvP as much as possible, and that i avoid PvP as much as possible.
hmm Let's see now, exactly what do this fact imply? Well, taken at face value it means Muffy lacks direct experience in PvP, and since this "Coin of the Realm" is worth it's weight in gold, it goes to show that i lack understanding of PvP as well.
idea Hey! that's a pretty major conceptual leap there, pal. Let's see now, i've been accused of not only lacking objectivity, but also of suffering from some kind of debilitating subjectivity to the point of egomania.
-WerTex- (coincidentally posted a 'Nazgul Reformed' as his next post) wrote:
Uhm...Majorfreak is the definition of a troll. All he does is troll forums..he doesn't even play the damn game. He never has...even UMEC gave us permission to civ rip him because they understood how annoying he was.

not Let's see now. a definition of a troll is someone who's never played the game and trolls forums instead. (riiiiiiight) Talk about your extreme exaggeration. So i don't play as often as i did. So i post alot. But surely much less than these yahoos chatter on ingame voice comms or chat booths...and surely with less testosterone.
Voltaire wrote:
Judge a man by his questions rather than his answers.
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickInsane wrote:
Well done mate - you just insulted, on average 46.34% of the Jumpgate cummunity by calling them morons

8P
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dunno why Iskander picked today to pop the question, nor do i undestand why he would say such a thing in yet another problem thread...but hey.
GMIskander (PrivateMessaging response to my PM reply to his public invitation(?)) wrote:
Because maybe, instead of spitting poison, you'd like to actually help us. If you're willing, that is. Maybe an insight on what's happening behind the scenes will help you understand and motivate you to try and improve things which you might think need improvement.

It would definitely do everyone good.

Besides, I really like what you're doing at the UMEC forums, even though you're a real arse sometimes (nothing to be proud of, really).

*Shrug* i pride myself on my FAQs and my love of what amounts to "help desk" volunteer work...And what business is it of yours to judge my opinion of myself?

Well, okay, maybe being an OP will temper my temper so i might one day be able to work IRL as a "help desk" employee for a computer services company. who knows? (yes, it would be an honour)
    gods. the crew at UMEC's not gonna believe this one


EDIT: i think it's just because i'm gaining on Iskander's post count and he knows i'll have to use a new forum name to bitch on the OP forums away from you lot...thus resetting my evil post count marathon.

To answer the question. yeah. i'd accept, even if it meant retiring half my vocabulary. I'd do it in a heartbeat. (i personally hate having to crack heads in public. it's bad for my rep as a FAQ "help desk" dude)
    kinda hard to get people to take you seriously when yer a pottymouthed punk...especially when it always appeared that i was ignored 99% of the time when i didn't use foul language.
ahhhhhh!! i'm editing my posts already! that bastard! see? and see? PLUS OMG MY NEXT POSTS DIDN'T HAVE ANY FORMATTING NOR POTTY LANGUAGE. aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh








EDIT (followup): sadly, i think the real motivation for isky to make that invitation was "i'm sick of this unfounded suspicion. let's get him an OP tag so he understands what really happened with our facts [read: our 'facts' are holy writ]" instead of a "hey! that last post kinda hit the spot with me, i think this guy might be a good addition to the team's Think Tank [read: our 'facts' need a reality check]"

3rd EDIT: the real reason i didn't leap at the chance and give a definite YES/NO answer was because i didn't consider this to be a "gift horse". to me, my freedom to be pottymouthed and the habitual formatting is valuable to me -- something i would have to tone down, if not eliminate all together. Thus, having value i will bloody well LOOK the freakin horse in the mouth and check it's legs.

4th and final EDIT: i think they've decided that i am to watch the watchers like Xyleth mentioned ages ago when the invite first appeared.
Xyleth wrote:
1) Muffy the Op would be a bad thing IMO. It's always good to have some external voice out there shouting at you and Muffy excells at that role. Make him an OP and he'd loose some of his ability to be that.

BTW, the famous line was used by the first commission that wasn't supposed to expose the iran-contra fiasco in 1986 during President Reagan's administration. It was their motto/epigraph. noone thought they'd be anything but a whitewash. (see here) The motto/epigraph was in latin and used an old Roman proverb.
Latin wrote:
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

it was also connected deeply with a graphic novel called, "watchmen"...i remember that comic. confused teh hell outta me so i didn't buy it. (see here for a FAQ)
Back to top
GMIskander
Offical GM
Offical GM


Joined: 07 Feb 2003
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MajorFreak wrote:
duEDIT (followup): sadly, i think the real motivation for isky to make that invitation was "i'm sick of this unfounded suspicion. let's get him an OP tag so he understands what really happened with our facts [read: our 'facts' are holy writ]" instead of a "hey! that last post kinda hit the spot with me, i think this guy might be a good addition to the team's Think Tank [read: our 'facts' need a reality check]"


insane

Oh dear...

No, Muffy, neither of these "motivations" you suspected or would have liked me to have was true. How about "This guy knows how to use his brain and how to make a point. He could do a lot more good (or a lot less bad) as an OP." It had hardly anything to do with that thread or, for that matter, your posts in it.

Admittedly, asking you in a public discussion was not the wisest thing to do, but I was curious about how you and others would react.

In hindsight, i think you're better off here. You're doing great - apart from your "pottymouthed punk" side, maybe, on which you seem to pride yourself just as much as on your real achievement, the FAQs and archives... wtg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah. i take pride in appropriate vernacular AND i am embarrassed when i go OTT with my "potty-mouthed" attitude. I'm not perfect. i screw up and i'm certainly not a charmer.

I'm human, thank you very much, and fully aware of my passion for this game's community. That's saying alot more than some people who think "winning" is more important than "fun"

I do thank you for speaking your mind publically, because it showed Nazgul to be hypocrites for all the times they called me a troll. (my friends laff ingame when it's Nazgul who look the fool for all the crap they throw at me in retaliation for showing them for what they are. trolls.)
    Good thing i'm not an OP for i'd have to witness the crap they pull on others who don't have such a thick skin as i. oh wait, i do have to witness their crap ingame and out. Only reason i think they've avoided bannage is because they've evolved as trolls into something worse than your lowest common denominator griefer -- only reason i think they shouldn't be banned permanently is because they are an excellent case study to what true trolls are capable of.
Besides, you're not out of the woods yet. I still have yet to work up a decent "sents shouldn't kill n00bs" argument yet so i'm going to be grumpy until that happens...But, ingame with n00bs i still have "The patience of Jobe""
tusk
I don't think you realize how protective i am towards n00bs. Of course i wouldn't have allowed any newbie to travel into harm's way without their knowledge (sents wouldn't be near my n00b in the first place) but if any true** n00b is ganked for ANY reason whatsoever i'll attack with teeth barred anyone up to and including you folks
    that someone who accused me of being patronizing and condescending has never seen me ingame. If you want to get cute and say i coddle n00bs then do so anywhere but to my face. (see #7 forum ruling)

    **-A true n00b [i]isn't
    someone who violates RoC or knowingly exploits said RoC to the detriment of others, plus those who use 2nd accounts for blatant RP reasons. (this excludes those smart enough to exploit the RoC without abusing others, since if you need to exploit anything beyond XP in order to get to lvl10 you are a newbie!)[/i]
la la. anyways, thanks for visiting UMEC's humble forums and showering me with attention.
Isky :bonk: Muffy



Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Muffy gets called a shallow sockpuppet of DerekSmart lmao EDIT: followup!
    the fun bit is the more i ignore that troll, Lemming, the more he looks the fool. the more he goes into denial the more he looks like a DS sockpuppet himself...imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (let's hope he shuts the fuck up, eh?)
Another followup rofl whoa! i know silence speaks volumes, but this troll sure reads waaaaay too much into absolute vacuum. They sure form a decent support group for each other though, so i'll bet they won't even notice how they really work at being worthless. *boggle*


Last edited by MajorFreak on Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:08 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
GMIskander
Offical GM
Offical GM


Joined: 07 Feb 2003
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Muffy wrote, Isk interprets:



Aaah, teh Sinfest. wtg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh. and i have a hangover too. the irony. icky. ewwwww GMicky!


anyways, wtf was i? oh right, making fun of myself by making fun of others making fun of me...
Rui wrote:
Whatever your intentions are, its all irrelevant. You just irritating people and in the end you cant expect to be treated with respect if you arent, yourself respectful enough to acknowledge other peoples points of views and ideas, rather than trying to find whats wrong with them. Truely your becoming the definition of "pessimist" Sort it out.


Let's see now. sometimes i don't want any respect, and i especially don't need it from someone who spends the majority of his post to lie, flame and be a hypocrite. (It seems as though this sort of person decides that making a point involves flaming others.)
    if he'd just said that last bit without the flames, lies and hypocrisy it would have been an excellent post. *shrug* But, i think that with his flames it becomes a magnificent post because it shows the irony.
unfortunately, i don't believe Rui knew he was being flammable, untruthful and hypocritical...sadly.
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote


that seems to be what people who criticize me say. :harlequin:
Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to top
MajorFreak
Guest





PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jericho21 wrote:
Muffy in the way you lay out your posts....I kinda get this eery vibe that you and Dennis Miller are of like minds. Ya know when that douchebag goes on a "rant"...

You know he can be talking normal like this and try to make some funny, stupid ass joke and some idgits laugh at it. And then he gets onto a topic and he says....

You know I don't mean to go off on a rant here but doesn't it seem utterly fucking stupid that this guy is in office when I can do a much better job? ReallY i don't mean to rant like that.

See what I mean? ;)
Back to top
Heretic
Chief WO4
Chief WO4


Joined: 09 Feb 2002
Posts: 473
Location: Tripoint

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JonBoy wrote:
Oh dear. Nelson has turned into Muffy.

You don't fly, just turn up on the forums now and then to spout trolling BS. Here you claim that you are right and anyone who thinks otherwise must be a moron. This is despite the fact that you admit don't use the sim, therefore can have little knowledge of it.

Great. Where's my popcorn?



ahahaha 10 pages of the most inane babble/flame/wynar mode evar with sexist "injokes", lies, damned lies and tesrend's honesty *cough* and it takes someone taking my name in vain to get it locked. ROFLMAO

Interesting though how the feeding frenzy on easy targets in the game translates to easy targets on the forums when some poor n00b gets "uppity" and bucks the almighty PVP protocol. *rollseyes* Reminds me of D&D ruleslawyers -- Specifically the griefers. The sad thing is the JG pvp rules are so FUBAR one can hardly blame the aggressor's griefing activity. The point is the pvp system's counter-intuitive and just begs to be exploited by those who know a "bit" more than the hapless victim. (course, then there's the airhead carebears who see griefers everywhere and are determined to join PvP squads for some holy crusade without rhyme nor reason *cough*masochists*cough*)
    i'm sure these noble souls sing "i shot the sheriff", by bobmarley, are on vegan diets and think of themselves as jumpgate's 'Rosa Parks'
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Comic Relief All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Space Pilot 3K template by Jakob Persson.
Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group