UMEC Forum Index UMEC
United Mining Exploration Commission: A group of friends playing JumpGate-- "a MMORPG that launched smoothly, breaks from fantasy character setting, emphasizes PvP, and is the first persistent world space simulator that nobody talks about." ~Scorch

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Infestations Excite Concern

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:51 am    Post subject: Infestations Excite Concern Reply with quote

JOSSH news article (JumpGateWeb article)

Apparently, i really like this sort of thing. Too bad i don't get excited about much these days.

anyways, here's a link to "Infestations 101"
MajorFreak

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZeroZ95 wrote:
Herein lies the problem.

Fewer people on the server these days...and of those fewer people, more and more are taking the above attitude about Sents and Infests. And rightly so.

Even in the face of the Biomass situation (which is decent RP), people perceive Sents and Infests to be nothing more than money and time sinks which are over-used and over-uberized by the GMs just to keep us busy until Ep2.

People aren't perceiving Sents/Infests as specific attacks on a faction as they've been so widespread. And the situtation does not feel winnable from a pilot's POV. What will inevitably happen is that some RPC will find a way around the Biomass problem and the entire RP will involve maybe 5 pilots. The rest of the server will just wake up one day and read about it on TRINN.

It doesn't feel like Jo Pilot can do anything that matters. People are getting the impression that Sents are just GMs having fun flying uber ships, they aren't part of the storyline, and they aren't in the game as entertainment for pilots. What happened to T7 Sents that would banter with us?...that seemed sinister and you felt like you were in the middle of the story when engaging them?

Sents need to start out less uber and ramp up their gear as they die and as the gank fleet increases in size (if it does). And pull punches if you're too uber.

A single bomber or two should be able to clear away an Infest so that a mixed fleet can give chase to Sents who are spreading them around a specific targeted attack.

Making and using nukes needs to not be such a huge money loss. The name of the game is about to be Attack of the Conflux. We need to make fighting the Conflux war more attractive.

This has been my observation as one who can't play nearly as much as I used to be able to, but is able to read several boards regularly....and feels like he doesn't have a clue what's going on with the storyline because I'm not able to see it happen in RS.

And tiny ships with very low mass on any connection are going to be jumpy. If the Sents really are on dial-up...then that's just nuts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    UMEC Forum Index -> Flame War All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: